Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I backup all my Wii saves in one shot and restore them to another wii?

I don't care if I overwrite or anything. Just want to move them all at once. Miis, VC, all that crap, don't care. Just want to move saves quickly.

ChillJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I'm not new to Wii hacking, my knowledge of how things work is pretty limited.
I know that Priiloader can boot straight to the Homebrew channel or to a Homebrew app, but can it be made to boot straight to the game in the disc drive?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

My buddy is selling me his Wii for $20 so naturally I started researching on homebrew and such. I already have a 3DS with GW so I understand the lingo of NAND and all that jazz with Nintendo devices, but no history on what the latest Wii FW is or anything of the like.

I found out about the SmashStack vulnerability and seems that's the best way to get the Homebrew Channel installed no matter the FW version (I don't know what his Wii is on yet). Is SmashStack a pretty good bet to get the HB Channel installed with support for any apps I find (like running backups from USB), or is there a better method to getting it installed? Please consider his Wii may be on the latest version (although I think it's been unplugged for about a year since he got his WiiU).

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the current instructions for hacking the Wii. I got a used Wii model No. RVL101(USA).
I read somewhere that there's a new way to do it that's better than what I used a couple of years back. Any howto?
Thank you.

DangerDingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a few quick questions I hope I might be able to have answered or be directed to the correct sources. I just recently modded a used Wii I bought. I was mainly looking to use it as a way to play older gamecube games. I followed this guide here and installed the system. The Wii works fine and I have no problems with the system or playing Smash 20XX and I installed everything on my SD card. Now I am hoping to use USB loader GX which I have not installed on this Wii yet and I would like to back up my Wii with bootmii. So I guess my questions are as following:
  • If I installed everything onto my SD card, where and how would I install USB loader GX? Can I just put the installation folders on the SD card still and install it from there?
  • If I install USB loader on my SD card can I still have the ISOs on a thumbdrive I have connected to the Wii to hold the games or would I need to install the USB loader gx onto the thumbdrive.
  • Is there a way for me to still install Bootmii and Preloader to backup my Wii incase it bricks?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a few quick questions I hope I might be able to have answered or be directed to the correct sources. I just recently modded a used Wii I bought. I was mainly looking to use it as a way to play older gamecube games. I followed this guide here and installed the system. The Wii works fine and I have no problems with the system or playing Smash 20XX and I installed everything on my SD card. Now I am hoping to use USB loader GX which I have not installed on this Wii yet and I would like to back up my Wii with bootmii. So I guess my questions are as following:
  • If I installed everything onto my SD card, where and how would I install USB loader GX? Can I just put the installation folders on the SD card still and install it from there?
  • If I install USB loader on my SD card can I still have the ISOs on a thumbdrive I have connected to the Wii to hold the games or would I need to install the USB loader gx onto the thumbdrive.
  • Is there a way for me to still install Bootmii and Preloader to backup my Wii incase it bricks?

I'll just refer you to this post instead. It covers everything you're asking about in Steps 2 and 5. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

Circusman

Trophies
XP
Country
Good afternoon to all.
I'm having a problem with my modded Wii, and i can really disclose where to put the question, nor I found anyone describing the same problem!

I have a black Wii v4.2E and I use external usb Hdd(model Iomega LPHD-UPC) and Usb Loader Gx to play the games (Sd card is a microSD Kingston 8gb Class 2 with an adapter)

First issue: when I'm browsing mu games list, sometimes the covers take some time to load, and sometimes don't load at all. When I press to play the game, it also takes sometime to show the play menu for that game.

Second issue: some games block in some parts like ending credits, at menus (yesterday playing Just Dance, it block when i was playing Final Countdown :D ). The game just stops, and i need to hard reset the console, or the Wii shows an screen saying something like "Reading the disc".

I guess this cover it all. Any other info just ask since I just want to know if anything could be done.

Thank a lot in advance for any reply.
Great Regards
César Santos

Truppel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,

I need some help with an Wii.
It's a white Wii, I traded it with a friend for my DS(We both did almost every thing we wanted with our consoles), and it came to me modded, and he bought from someone else, already modded.

Problem is, I don't know if it was hardmoded or softmoded. From the much I've learned, it was hardmoded, because there is no homebrew channel in the menu. It runs Gamecube games, as well as Wii games directly through the Wii disk, like if it was original.

So I put a backup of Just Dance 2014 to play, and it requires a software upgrade. I refused, and decided to play something else, but still, I like this game. And I'm getting an error loading Monster Hunter Tri and Zelda Twilight Princess, when I try to play, I get a disk read error, maybe some error in the burning, I burned with Alcohol 120% at 3x(The minimum it would let me).

So here are my doubts and options:
Should I upgrade the Wii using the JD2014 Backup?
Should I softmod it, to be able to install Homebrew and get the USBLoader, so I don't need to burn any more DVDs or look for DVD9s to play games like Xenoblade?
Is there a problem, if the Wii is already hardmoded, to softmod it? Is there a chance to brick just by this combination?

I want to continue to play games by DVD, because I have some original DVDs, like Smash, but I would want to play using an external HD, it would save me a lot of time and some money with new games.

Any help? Please? Pretty please?​

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question -- is it possible to transfer a virtual console save file to another HDD? I set up wiiflow originally on my SD card and used an old USB drive for my games. I'm now switching to a new USB drive (running wiiflow and everything off of the drive itself) and I was wondering if I could transfer my VC save files to it, and if so, how do I do that? Thanks in advance.

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my Wii modded using ModMii. I looked in the tutorial section, but I'm still confused. What do I need to do/install to play GC games on USB/HDD? Dios-mios?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my Wii modded using ModMii. I looked in the tutorial section, but I'm still confused. What do I need to do/install to play GC games on USB/HDD? Dios-mios?

You want to use Nintendont to run GameCube games. First link in my signature
Hello.
There is one thing I would like to make sure before buying.
Is there any way to make regular USB controllers work on Nintendo Wii?
Nintendont supports pretty much any usb controller but only works for GameCube games

Reactions: ShadowNeko003

JHSnacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

I could use some help. I've had my wii successfully modded for a while and have only used it to play melee. I'm now interested in trying out some other gamecube games through USB Loader GX. Problem is I can't get the Loader to recognize that I have games in my USB1/games/ other than melee. I've looked through other topics, old posts, etc. and still can't figure it out. Here is what I see as the relevant information:

USB directory example: games/GVJEO8/game.iso
Loader selected is Dios Mios
Main GC selected is usb1/games
Of course USB is formatted FAT32 already and all that jazz.

Anybody have any more ideas to try? Thanks in advanced.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

I could use some help. I've had my wii successfully modded for a while and have only used it to play melee. I'm now interested in trying out some other gamecube games through USB Loader GX. Problem is I can't get the Loader to recognize that I have games in my USB1/games/ other than melee. I've looked through other topics, old posts, etc. and still can't figure it out. Here is what I see as the relevant information:

USB directory example: games/GVJEO8/game.iso
Loader selected is Dios Mios
Main GC selected is usb1/games
Of course USB is formatted FAT32 already and all that jazz.

Anybody have any more ideas to try? Thanks in advanced.

DIOS MIOS is outdated now. You should be using Nintendont. Check the first link in my signature.

If they don't appear in the Nintendont loader then something is definitely wrong on your side.

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have nintendont but whenever i go to launch a gc game it gives an error and then shuts down. Am i doing something wrong, specific version of nintendont? Or does it need a specific setting or ios or something to run properly?

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, I just installed a homebrew channel. I'm a bit unsure what to do next. all I want is playing wii/GC from hard drives. but when I open configurable usb loader, I got instruction that the ios is scrubbed or something like that.

EDIT: solved

HSPLazerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I'd like to ask about my VC games. I've been able to play things like gamecube ISO's and wii games, but i've not been able to play these VC games, everything looks like it's installed right and i feel as if this is going to be a simple fix, but whenever i start up one of these games i just get a blank black screen. I've looked at every other guide i can find, tried putting the video mode to "Force NTSC" but nothing seems to be working. If i could get some assistance that would be great and if you need to know anything about my wii please tell me where to find it as, obviously i'm a 'noob' and i know nearly nothing about these things. Thanks for the help in advance! :)

Hey, I have the exact same issue! Anyone know any solution?

vvalo66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum (obviously lol) and I just had a couple of questions. I am assuming by the title this is the proper place to be asking such things. My apologies if not.

I am new to modding Wii's and I am 1-1 at the moment. My first attempt to mod a Wii has left it powering on just fine but there is no video or audio. I am going to just assume that it's "bricked" in some fashion. It won't load PriiLoader or Bootmii (it is only installed as an IOS) for me to do a nand restore on it (I at least planned that far ahead lol). Just powers on, blue light flashes around disc drive, and then nothing. The input on the tv doesn't pick up any signal at all. I didn't know if anyone knew of a fix for this issue yet. It's a white "newer" model (one without GC controller ports) and cannot connect to the internet if that helps any.
For reference also, I have replaced all the cables (A/V, AC, etc.) and still nothing.

My second inquiry is a bit simpler lol. I have one that I have managed to softmod successfully, and I am just wanting to know if there are any stable Dreamcast or original XBOX emulators released yet. It's an older white Wii with GC ports but still no internet connection.

Many thanks in advance for your input :)

Fluffy_258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I need help with my gecko OS

Srry my internet is slow

I need help bc of gecko is not working. I hav 1.9.3.1 version and when I run gecko os it runs fine when booting the strap menu but after that the screen goes black.

Idk if it's my sd card that needs more space or if it is my files are corrupted

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I need help with my gecko OS

Srry my internet is slow

I need help bc of gecko is not working. I hav 1.9.3.1 version and when I run gecko os it runs fine when booting the strap menu but after that the screen goes black.

Idk if it's my sd card that needs more space or if it is my files are corrupted

Please dont double post and so on. If you reply to a topic, wait and someone will more than likely help you. Do not bump or post outside of topics other than ones that deal with what you want to discuss.

Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo