Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Then GC games go on USB? I feel like something's missing.
GC games go on USB with Dios Mios OR they go on SD with Dios Mios Lite. It just depends on which WAD file of the two you've installed last.

Either way, that's just like installing a cIOS for Wii games, you'll still need a backup loader app to launch the GC games from.

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC games go on USB with Dios Mios OR they go on SD with Dios Mios Lite. It just depends on which WAD file of the two you've installed last.

Either way, that's just like installing a cIOS for Wii games, you'll still need a backup loader app to launch the GC games from.
And imma need a GC controller obviously, right?

CJ_Oatmealski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't be sure but there's a possibility that they just split up the files without putting them into any further format at all. There are several ways to do this as well as several ways to put them back together if that's the case. The first one that comes to mind id to put them back together with a hex editor like HxD (google it)
You open it and go to extras->file tools->concatenate...->add
and then you select all the files and hit "open", put them in order, type in a file to save them as and hit "ok"

You'd just then have to decide what the original "big" file was, whether ISO, CISO, WBFS, RAR, ZIP or whatever. Just trial and error checking different extensions and seeing what works.

Thank you Maxternal, I found out what was wrong. Although when I play Soul Calibur 2, it goes all black and white on me. It's weird. It starts right on the DIOS MIOS screen, might it be the ISO itself or USB Loader GX?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thank you Maxternal, I found out what was wrong. Although when I play Soul Calibur 2, it goes all black and white on me. It's weird. It starts right on the DIOS MIOS screen, might it be the ISO itself or USB Loader GX?
If it goes all black and white on you it's probably a PAL (European) game and you have a NTSC TV (or visa versa). In USB Loader GX there are some video mode settings you can change to hopefully fix that.
If when you start it asks you if you want 50hz or 60hz mode and you set it to NTSC in GX it will probably start as a black screen (since 50hz doesn't exist in NTSC .. [EDIT]on some TV's you might still hear the audio with no video signal.[/EDIT] ) and you'll have to blindly select 60hz on that screen while it's black. When it turns to 60hz, if GX was set to NTSC, the full color image will come on.

If your TV can take component cables, you might also consider getting some for your Wii since the region (PAL/NTSC) shouldn't make any difference over component cables.

EDIT : on some games the 60/50hz screen will only come on if you hold down B while the game's starting up.

CJ_Oatmealski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it goes all black and white on you it's probably a PAL (European) game and you have a NTSC TV (or visa versa). In USB Loader GX there are some video mode settings you can change to hopefully fix that.
If when you start it asks you if you want 50hz or 60hz mode and you set it to NTSC in GX it will probably start as a black screen (since 50hz doesn't exist in NTSC) and you'll have to blindly select 60hz on that screen while it's black. When it turns to 60hz, if GX was set to NTSC, the full color image will come on.

If your TV can take component cables, you might also consider getting some for your Wii since the region (PAL/NTSC) shouldn't make any difference over component cables.

Again, thank you. It feels so much nicer asking the forums rather than searching them for the same problem, haha.

Blayze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I undated the store channel awhile back and I think that messed with my ios' can I reinstall them without ruining my wii. I haven't really messed with any thing on it in awhile, I'm sure it's due for a major update I just don't want to really mess with it too much, you know the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it at the same time I want to be up to date.
Main things I use are wiimc and USB loader.
I want to eventually try playing gc games from USB or sd but not sure how to go about that either.

I usually figure out things on my own and you guys have been a great source for info, I never really asked anything here or anywhere else so I figured I start now, thanks in advance!

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I undated the store channel awhile back and I think that messed with my ios' can I reinstall them without ruining my wii. I haven't really messed with any thing on it in awhile, I'm sure it's due for a major update I just don't want to really mess with it too much, you know the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it at the same time I want to be up to date.
Main things I use are wiimc and USB loader.
I want to eventually try playing gc games from USB or sd but not sure how to go about that either.

I usually figure out things on my own and you guys have been a great source for info, I never really asked anything here or anywhere else so I figured I start now, thanks in advance!

what is the problem? what are you trying to do?

how do you know that updating the shop channel messed with your ios?

you can try and run multi mod manager to check the ios version and uninstall/update/downgrade it

fiercedeku

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,

how do I run (pirated) NTSC 60hz virtual console game on PAL wii? Following this guide (youtube.com/watch?v=b-QwfCHjI9Q) I'm quite sure I'll get homebrew installed, but what do I do after that?

Thanks in advance

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll post this here because I'm not sure if this deserve a separate thread...

Is it by any chance possible to somehow take VC WAD files from one Wii and transfer them to a USB Flash Drive/SD Card to put on another Wii? The reason why I ask is because I had a launch date Wii that came with the original Wii Sports that's been with me since 2006, but it started giving me some issues reading Brawl because it was dual layered disc and I decided to get another used one since they were fairly cheap at Gamestop. This Wii I bought from there is the one I was referring to in a previous thread I had made.

Now, while this old Wii still works fine (other than it having a 50/50 chance of reading Brawl and potentially other dual layered discs), is there ANY way through hacking I can dump the VC WADs on my old Wii to put on this new one I have? I know it is possible to download them from other sources and install them via WAD Manager, but I would like to take them from my Wii instead. If it is possible, could somebody please explain the process or what tools would be needed? I would greatly appreciate it if possible.

I also know that in order to use the WADs, the WAD Manager or a similar tool would have to be used to install them, but is there still any way to dump them? Also, the Wii I bought was a used white vertical Wii, but I'm fairly certain is not a launch date one because of the disc drive that I checked with a website. Don't really think that makes a difference, but I might as well mention it.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll post this here because I'm not sure if this deserve a separate thread...

Is it by any chance possible to somehow take VC WAD files from one Wii and transfer them to a USB Flash Drive/SD Card to put on another Wii? The reason why I ask is because I had a launch date Wii that came with the original Wii Sports that's been with me since 2006, but it started giving me some issues reading Brawl because it was dual layered disc and I decided to get another used one since they were fairly cheap at Gamestop. This Wii I bought from there is the one I was referring to in a previous thread I had made.

Now, while this old Wii still works fine (other than it having a 50/50 chance of reading Brawl and potentially other dual layered discs), is there ANY way through hacking I can dump the VC WADs on my old Wii to put on this new one I have? I know it is possible to download them from other sources and install them via WAD Manager, but I would like to take them from my Wii instead. If it is possible, could somebody please explain the process or what tools would be needed? I would greatly appreciate it if possible.

I also know that in order to use the WADs, the WAD Manager or a similar tool would have to be used to install them, but is there still any way to dump them? Also, the Wii I bought was a used white vertical Wii, but I'm fairly certain is not a launch date one because of the disc drive that I checked with a website. Don't really think that makes a difference, but I might as well mention it.

hey there, i think i can help u

to move channels between wiis you're gonna need Gecko OS
find it here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS

this application has an option that removes the 'no copy' for savegames and i think it can remove the 'no copy' for channels too.
so, just run it, set it to no copy on the rebooter settings; reboot. use your sd card to temporarily store the VC stuff by copying from data management.

go to the other wii, run gecko os, do the same thing as ur other wii, then try to put those channels on the new wii.

i assume you've dealt with the saves\channels before.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, i think i can help u

to move channels between wiis you're gonna need Gecko OS
find it here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS

this application has an option that removes the 'no copy' for savegames and i think it can remove the 'no copy' for channels too.
so, just run it, set it to no copy on the rebooter settings; reboot. use your sd card to temporarily store the VC stuff by copying from data management.

go to the other wii, run gecko os, do the same thing as ur other wii, then try to put those channels on the new wii.

i assume you've dealt with the saves\channels before.

Huh, I never knew Gecko OS had that. Would've been useful for Brawl...

That being said, thanks. I'll give it a shot. I have messed with saves before and I'll give it a try.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

how do I run (pirated) NTSC 60hz virtual console game on PAL wii? Following this guide (youtube.com/watch?v=b-QwfCHjI9Q) I'm quite sure I'll get homebrew installed, but what do I do after that?

Thanks in advance

so, all the guide shows you is how to get the homebrew channel from what i saw.

i assume that you do not have cIOS's and do not have a usb loader/back up loader, correct? we need to know what have and do not have on your wii in terms of hacks.

fiercedeku

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
so, all the guide shows you is how to get the homebrew channel from what i saw.

i assume that you do not have cIOS's and do not have a usb loader/back up loader, correct? we need to know what have and do not have on your wii in terms of hacks.
Correct. No cIOS's and no loaders. Only homebrew.

Edit: Also updated awhile ago to the latest 4.3e

Kandace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I hacked my wii like last year or the year before. I don't remember when. All I know is after I did it, I learned that there was no way to play bootlegged games on it because it was the black wii 4.2. Now I see there is stuff out there to do it. I have Homebrew, backup disk channel, and backup HBC on my wii. It is 4.1u. I would like to have the newest stuff on it in order to play more games. Can anyone help me with how to get the new stuff on or send back to original then add the new stuff? I would greatly appreciate it.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. No cIOS's and no loaders. Only homebrew.

Edit: Also updated awhile ago to the latest 4.3e

then you'll need to download this thing called modmii here: http://modmii.zzl.org/home.html

its a windows application for downloading everything you need to modify a wii, from cIOS's to usb loaders(play backups)
just run it and select what you need.
it will also compile a guide for you to follow when it finishes.

i recommend starting with the first choice,

select no on the next screen, feel in the specifics of your wii it asks for, skip picking the channel updates,
after that select IOS 236, recommended cIOS, priiloader, and finally usb loader

then move on to pick how u want your harddrive formatted to (the one usb drive you put wii games on)

pick a one usb loader or both, pick we you want to those files on, and then pick were the output is.

go to the new folder, and follow the guide it came up with too. hopefully you wont get lost :)

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I hacked my wii like last year or the year before. I don't remember when. All I know is after I did it, I learned that there was no way to play bootlegged games on it because it was the black wii 4.2. Now I see there is stuff out there to do it. I have Homebrew, backup disk channel, and backup HBC on my wii. It is 4.1u. I would like to have the newest stuff on it in order to play more games. Can anyone help me with how to get the new stuff on or send back to original then add the new stuff? I would greatly appreciate it.
use mod mii to download all the necessary updated files. your wii probably will never play disk backups due to its age, why dont you try the usb loaders?

downlaod modmii here: http://modmii.zzl.org/

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Download ModMii

http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Select ModMii Wizard + Guide and follow the steps. You might want to select "Yes" in the "Would you like to setup a USB Loader now?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT