Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

finallygreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK...so getting the Wii hacked was pretty straight forward...but now I need to get the configurable USB loader installed, and it's just not making sense.

I ran Modmii, but even the readme it generates does not tell me how to install this thing. It just tells me about formatting (which I don't want/need to do) and using WAD manager...nothing about how to install configurable USB loader.

So I go looking elsewhere for that info and wind up on a page that tells me to use the configurator tool. This tool has more options than any config tool I have EVER seen! NO CLUE where to start. And even still, it doesn't tell me how to install the loader :(

And to add to my confusion, this same source of info tells me that IOS249 is now obsolete and I should install d2x instead. But, I don't know if Modmii installed EITHER of these...I saw no mention of it.

So yeah, VERY confused. Any chance someone can give me a step-by-step of how to get from a working/installed configurable USB loader from the end of Modmii's original hack and README walkthrough?

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i bought a Wii yesterday from Walmart, $89, not bad ^_^
But i couldn't get a game due to the lack of money. So i decided to just hack it.
My friend told me something about "soft modding" the Wii, so that i can play straight from a USB hard drive.
Can anybody help me? Or am i not supposed to ask this here?

EDIT: Also, if this helps, I updated my Wii yesterday, so it's 4.3U i believe.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i bought a Wii yesterday from Walmart, $89, not bad ^_^
But i couldn't get a game due to the lack of money. So i decided to just hack it.
My friend told me something about "soft modding" the Wii, so that i can play straight from a USB hard drive.
Can anybody help me? Or am i not supposed to ask this here?
Install ModMii and run it, it's pretty self-explanatory. http://modmii.zzl.org/
Edit: It's a PC program that generates a modding guide for you and downloads the required files.

SamuelMustonen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi there,

my hard drive just blew up, and I'm temporarily loading games off of a USB stick. It can fit in 2 games at a time usually.

However I am having trouble accessing my old save files. The USB-loader is on my SD card, and the games are on the USB drive. The save files are on the Wii system memory, as well as me copying them to the SD too. Why do none of the games recognize the save files when I open up the games? How could I access them again?

Edit: To clarify - it's possible that the old save file is PAL, while the backup game is NTSC. I downloaded a torrent instead of burning the data off my own game again. Does that matter?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

my hard drive just blew up, and I'm temporarily loading games off of a USB stick. It can fit in 2 games at a time usually.

However I am having trouble accessing my old save files. The USB-loader is on my SD card, and the games are on the USB drive. The save files are on the Wii system memory, as well as me copying them to the SD too. Why do none of the games recognize the save files when I open up the games? How could I access them again?

Edit: To clarify - it's possible that the old save file is PAL, while the backup game is NTSC. I downloaded a torrent instead of burning the data off my own game again. Does that matter?
Yeah, NTSC and PAL saves are incompatible so that's probably the reason. You probably downloaded the wrong versions. It's easier to rip your own games usually because you'll know for sure you have the correct region version.

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to test Pokemon Rumble first. But what i downloaded has a .wad extension. Does the Wii support this?

EDIT: Also, do i click this?
4vdNn.png

EDIT: Nevermind, no need to answer my question, my friend is going to help me hack it.

MistaCizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im trying to copy Zelda Skyward Sword using CFG USB Loader, and it gets to 0.85% and freezes. Is this a scratched disk problem or some copy protection i have to get past in some way? the disk seems pretty good to me.

187skillz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.co
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
1.i have a serious question is there a benefit of downgrading my Wii to 4.1 from 4.3(btw my Wii came with 4.2)
2.after upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3 due to not being able to get the youtube app etc (long story) it installed IOS 52...what is that for how can I "safely" remove it??

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I exported my MH3 save via Savegame Manager GX and it's a bunch of files in a weird format. How do I make it something Dolphin will recognize?

jooseph87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6. Time to install the cIOSs
You are now on the main config screen. A lot of options will be available here.
  • Your cursor will be on the cIOS D2X Version. Use right on the D-Pad to change it to the newest version.
  • Move down, and change the IOS Base to 56
  • Move down again, and change the IOS slot to your preferred slot. Most people use slot 249.
  • If you want, you can change the version under the fourth option, though this doesn't directly change the result.
After configuring the cIOS, press the Home button to add the cIOS to the Batch.
You will see a message in green on the bottom to confirm.
Next, you want to configure the second cIOS. This time, use base 57, and choose a different slot (250 in this tutorial).
Again, press the Home button to add the cIOS to the batch.
You are now ready to install, so press A to continue. You will land on an overview with the available cIOS slots.
The slots you just selected should be blinking. Several other slots may be highlighted in red.

this is the step i`m on. i start up the app. choose ios 236, change base to 56 slot to 249, finished installing, tried pressing home button wherever possible but i do not get any confirmation..(i just get cIOS250 d2x v6 base 57 rev21006 installed with success after both installations but after it i cannot procceed. whenever i press A it starts up this installation again...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's maybe B instead of Home?
look at the bottom of the screen, it's listing the available buttons for the available actions.

if you are sure that everything is installed correctly, but can't exist the program (not sure why), you can shutdown your console, press power or keep it pressed. But it shouldn't be needed. Avoid doing it, you could do it at critical time.

NoWiiWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help getting my mics to work on my soft modded wii. I modded the wii using modmii and it has been working great except for games which require microphones. I have tried alternating ports and that does not seem to work. I have a GH mic and a logitec and neither will work. I am using discs and Neogamma 9 to launch the games. Any help would be great?

NoWiiWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I assume you are talking about in Neogamma when I am loading the game? Sorry long day today. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.