Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

HarveyPierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Oh hey, a thread for me.

I upgraded to USBLoaderGX 3.0, and I can no longer run Gamecube games off of my USB. Is there any way I can fix this?

"and I can no longer run Gamecube games off of my USB."

you will have to provide more information. Were you loading gamecube games off USB before?

Yes. It would ask me if I wanted to copy to SD, and I would just click "Launch from USB" and I'd be able to play my games. Now I'm no longer able to.

Edit: I was using Version 2.3 r1123
Try installing Dios Mios (again).

Still nothing. I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled in this order
USBLoader GX 3.0 Forwarder --> DIOS MIOS.

I can still get everything to work fine on 2.3, but that's still having compatibility issues with certain games that I saw were fixed in later versions, which is why I chose to update in the first place. I really just want to play XMen Legends 2 and PSO. ;w;

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I have a wii v3.2 that is softmodded and has bootmii installed and I want to update it to v4.3.
Please what is the easiest way to update it without loosing the softmod and hombrew channel.
I have made a nand backup using bootmii,can I just update through the wii,(which I know will kill my softmod) and then just install the nand backup,will the update kill the bootmii install ?if not then once it is updated how to I start bootmii,the only way I know of is through the homebrew channel..
If I install the nand back up will my wii be like before just with v4.3.
Or is there an easier way to update ??

thanks

The_Question

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

A friend bought me the PAL disc of The Last Story and I'm trying to run it on my softmodded wii with the latest version of
c204.gif
NeoGamma R9 R56. I set the region to Force Wii and I still get the "An error has occured" screen (no rolling). Is it even possible to run this game without using USB Loader GX. If so, any help would be appreciated.

Just to note, I do get an IOS reload block error if that may be the problem.

LeonardoWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!

I used MODMii 6.1.5 to generate a 4.3U NAND that runs by UNEEK+DI.

It worked perfectly the first time, first run. But the next ones it got all crappy.

I use a Samsung G2 Portable 500GB HD. All formated right... It works whenever it wants to. 10% of the times. Simple as that, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Within the same HD, same Wii, same SD... I just don't know why this is happening.

When it doesn't works, it just show a black screen in my tv and nothing left happens, the dvd drive stays off. When it works, just flash those random and normal green flashes at the screen and boots the NAND perfectly... The game in USB? Runs perfectly too. The problem are the channels. JoyFlow doesn't work, PostLoaderChannel either...

Ah, f*ck. My english sucks, I just wanted to know what can I do to make this work, as If there was a choice.

Byvar

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble using DM v2.0 (Update 5) correctly. I installed the latest version and then dumped five gamecube games: Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda: the Wind Waker, Paper Mario 2, Rayman Arena and Rayman 3. They're all the US versions - but I'm using a PAL Wii. I verified my dumps - they all have the right MD5 hash as shown on redump.org.

I then used DiscEx (without -c) on the dumps and placed the resulting folders inside usb:/games/ . I also tried GCReEx 0.3 later with the same results.
Mind you, my USB hard drive is formatted as FAT32 with 32kb cluster size.

Now, whatever loader I'm using (I've tried the latest versions of DIOS MIOS booter, USB loader CFG and Wiiflow), I get to stare at a black screen for like 20 seconds before the DIOS MIOS screen shows up (even though my USB drive is definitely in slot 0) and for most games it doesn't show up at all. This without using any patches, except no disc which was automatically applied as I had no disc in the drive. The games should work with NoDisc though.

Out of those five games, the only games I can run after 20 seconds were Rayman Arena and Rayman 3. The NMM patch does nothing for these games either. Super Mario Sunshine didn't run at all. Wind Waker took like a minute to start once, and the other times it didn't start at all. Same for Paper Mario.

I've been thinking it could be my USB hard drive, but it runs everything else (Wii games mainly) perfectly.
I'm going to try to reinstall DIOS MIOS tomorrow but I doubt that will help.

What am I doing wrong?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maybe slightly off topic but does anyone know of a fsck/chkdsk typle of app for wii so I don't have to take the SD/HD out of the wii?
I was kinda wondering this, too, and if there isn't, maybe someone could make one or incorporate it into a future release of WiiXplorer because I really prefer not to have to disconnect my HDD from the console if I can help it.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the only thing you could try is running wii linux and installing dosfstools
but they suck anyway, personally found two major bugs (one in mkdosfs an one in dosfsck)

I don't think there's another opensource tool that could be ported to wii
fat is pretty much dead

senorspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wii 4.2u soft modded running dios mios lite using my 32gb class 10 sandisk to play backups. My hard drive is in wbfs format and all my wii games work perfect.
If i upgrade to dios mios usb can i put my gamecube isos onto my wbfs harddrive ? I already have put gamecube isos on my wbfs harddrive before but that was when i was
new to dios mios lite so i removed the gamecube games and got an sd card. Would i have to use a regular non wbfs harddrive with a games folder on the root of the
harddrive ? What is Sneek/Uneek and do i absolutely need to do that ? Im just wondering before i attempt to upgrade to from lite to usb thank you

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wii 4.2u soft modded running dios mios lite using my 32gb class 10 sandisk to play backups. My hard drive is in wbfs format and all my wii games work perfect.
If i upgrade to dios mios usb can i put my gamecube isos onto my wbfs harddrive ? I already have put gamecube isos on my wbfs harddrive before but that was when i was
new to dios mios lite so i removed the gamecube games and got an sd card. Would i have to use a regular non wbfs harddrive with a games folder on the root of the
harddrive ? What is Sneek/Uneek and do i absolutely need to do that ? Im just wondering before i attempt to upgrade to from lite to usb thank you

Hello! You cannot run gamecube ISOs from a WBFS formatted drive...sorry :( However you can convert your USB drive to FAT32...you can play both Wii and Gamecube ISOs from a FAT32 formatted drive!

Sneek/Uneek is a way to emulate the nintendo Wiis NAND (internal storage) on a USB Drive/SD card. It is not needed, only useful if you want to mess around with something dangerous and don't want to brick your Wii, or if you run out of internal storage space. There are some other uses/benefits that I'm too lazy to type, however it's not required.

senorspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im gonna move my games to anther drive, format the wbfs to fat32, make folder ( games ) on root of drive. then put both the gamecube and wii iso's in that folder. install dios mios 2.2, set Cfgloader options to use this dios mios.

and about Sneek/Uneek by doing this can i run virtual console of my sd card ?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok im gonna move my games to anther drive, format the wbfs to fat32, make folder ( games ) on root of drive. then put both the gamecube and wii iso's in that folder.
Im really curious why you chose that path. And please be honest with me.
I want to know if its something I could improve to make it better for other users.
tnx

btw yes neek can run channels (eg VC) directly from SD/USB
but iirc its not the only way of dooing that

senorspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have 2 external hard drives and a 32gb sd card.
one hard drive is for wii games, the games are iso's, only the drive is formatted wbfs.
the other hard drive is for movies for wiimc i have as big of a collection as i do games.
the sd card is for all the homebrew, snes roms, gba roms with channels to go with the emulators and gamecube iso's for dios mios lite.

as of now im going to set up 1 hard drive in fat32 format instead of using the 2.
wii iso's, gamecube iso's and movies all in one, no more switching between the both.
going to read tutorials, learn and use sneek to set up my 32gb sd to have all the virtual console games on the sd card menu.
now i can have an extra hard drive and can continue updating my dios mios as new versons come out.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you caught it, but PsyBlade has a nice tool that converts WBFS formatted USB drives to FAT32, without deleting files, transferring files, or moving files. It would probably only take a couple seconds to convert a 32gb drive.

btw, It would be better to put your Wii games in the /wbfs folder, that way you have 100% compatibility with any USB loader you try. And you will need to convert them to WBFS files (GAMEID.wbfs) if they aren't already. ISOs won't be compatible.

senorspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the harddrive is 250gb..... but anyway send a link to that tool, it sounds like it will help out,

im using cfg loader and none other so idc if my games dont work in another.
but my wii games would not work unless converted to wbfs format on a fat32 harddrive ?
i would be able to do that but i would prefer to keep them as iso's because the conversion would take awhile.
also i dont understand why wii iso's wouldn't be compatible but gamecube iso's would be ?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the harddrive is 250gb..... but anyway send a link to that tool, it sounds like it will help out,

im using cfg loader and none other so idc if my games dont work in another.
but my wii games would not work unless converted to wbfs format on a fat32 harddrive ?
i would be able to do that but i would prefer to keep them as iso's because the conversion would take awhile.
also i dont understand why wii iso's wouldn't be compatible but gamecube iso's would be ?

he had a link in his sig > http://gbatemp.net/t291320-wbfs2fat-py

Anyways, gamecube uses completely different loading methods. I'm not sure why they need to be .wbfs files. I heard that people can run Wii ISOs if the drive is formatted NTFS or something, however i never really checked it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto