Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
if you're talking about the same message I think you are, there are two paths for gamecube games, the SD one and the main one in custom paths. try changing the other one to usb1 and it should work.
I think r1196 or whatever the latest is removes the SD prompt, or at least does if you set the path in custom paths. Check it out in the GX thread.
Changed already other one to usb1:// and other one can only be SD://
Latest thing I could find on gx's thread was r1193 mod 2 but it still does the same. Most annoying part is that it actually announces Wiinnertag before showing SD promp..

I will try to reset GX's settings to zero when I actually have some spare time for this one.
EDIT: Nope. Reinstalled everything I could and still promps me about copying to SD card.

EDIT2/ANSWER: I somehow managed to have channel instead of forwarder. Installed forwarder and everything works now flawlessy.

jhdballz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my Knowledge the wii can run SD cards to 2GB officially 4GB unofficially (and in some cases with some hackery).
Wii can officially Run SDHC cards and i believe those go as high as 32GB (could be larger but i don't know).
According to the above video some wii's can Unofficially run SDXC cards that so far come in 64GB and 128GB flavors but may get as high as 2TB.

Also to consider is Speed this comes in a few flavors Class , "x" Rating and UHS speed class

Classes denotes MB/sec as a minimum sustained write speed for a card in a fragmented state. (so the slowest the card will ever be)
Class 2 = 2MB/sec | Class 4 = 4MB/sec | Class 10 = 10MB/sec ect
Classes are currently 2,4,6,10. I recommend class 10 but some people report that class 6 is fine. (Price difference is negligible)

"x" Rating is a multiple of the standard CD rom drive speed of 150 kB/s. Many report as the card's fastest read speed, some manufactures report write speed.
16x = Aprox. Class 2 | 32x = Aprox Class 4 | 48x = Aprox Class 6 | 100x = Aprox Class 10

Ultra-High Speed (UHS) comes in two flavors:

- UHS-1 commonly available now - Currently ≥10 MB/s, at 100 MHz frequency could transfer 50 MB/s , at 200 MHz frequency could transfer 100 MB/s

- UHS-2 - data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 312 MB/s, As of yet no standard released; may require new port.

Wii does not officially support UHS speeds.

Info from my brain and wiki. Hope this helps some people.
You know that my wii support sdxc card uhs speed 133x 400x or higher. HIGH RECOMMENDED is 400x Speed or higher. I like 400x and class 10 sdxc card =). I am first my wii approved sdxc/uhs. I'm first to discover in the world =).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To my Knowledge the wii can run SD cards to 2GB officially 4GB unofficially (and in some cases with some hackery).
Wii can officially Run SDHC cards and i believe those go as high as 32GB (could be larger but i don't know).
According to the above video some wii's can Unofficially run SDXC cards that so far come in 64GB and 128GB flavors but may get as high as 2TB.

Also to consider is Speed this comes in a few flavors Class , "x" Rating and UHS speed class

Classes denotes MB/sec as a minimum sustained write speed for a card in a fragmented state. (so the slowest the card will ever be)
Classes are currently 2,4,6,10. I recommend class 10 but some people report that class 6 is fine. (Price difference is negligible)

"x" Rating is a multiple of the standard CD rom drive speed of 150 kB/s. Many report as the card's fastest read speed, some manufactures report write speed.
16x = Aprox. Class 2 | 32x = Aprox Class 4 | 48x = Aprox Class 6 | 100x = Aprox Class 10

- UHS-1 commonly available now - Currently ≥10 MB/s, at 100 MHz frequency could transfer 50 MB/s , at 200 MHz frequency could transfer 100 MB/s

- UHS-2 - data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 312 MB/s, As of yet no standard released; may require new port.

You know that my wii support sdxc card uhs speed 133x 400x or higher. HIGH RECOMMENDED is 400x Speed or higher. I like 400x and class 10 sdxc card =). I am first my wii approved sdxc/uhs. I'm first to discover in the world =).
lol shame the speed is capped down to sdhc class 10.
So your wii can read data faster through sd card than, usb 2.0?

It's the same as usb 3.0 compatibility, soem drives are accepted by wii, but the speed will never be faster than usb 2.0.

jhdballz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's the same as usb 3.0 compatibility, soem drives are accepted by wii, but the speed will never be faster than usb 2.0.

I hate SDHC Card is only 100x speed and limit 32gb. my Wii SD is Lexar Professional 400x Speed Ultra High Speed - 1 128GB SDXC CARD. I am not using my sdhc card anymore =). also my wii support any speed like 100x 133x 400x 600x or high any speed include UHS as well. You know that my hard drive is 3.0 and 2.0 are compatibility =). I am happy my wii accepts my hard drive 3.0 =). I did test 133x and 400x are different. I like 400x speed is more than SDHC. sdxc 400x is 60MB/sec to full speed read.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I hate SDHC Card is only 100x speed and limit 32gb. my Wii SD is Lexar Professional 400x Speed Ultra High Speed - 1 128GB SDXC CARD. I am not using my sdhc card anymore =). also my wii support any speed like 100x 133x 400x 600x or high any speed include UHS as well. You know that my hard drive is 3.0 and 2.0 are compatibility =). I am happy my wii accepts my hard drive 3.0 =). I did test 133x and 400x are different. I like 400x speed is more than SDHC. sdxc 400x is 60MB/sec to full speed read.
They actually sell 128GB SD cards? Why the heck would anyone want those?

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone explain me how i can make no more memory works? Using the latest DIOS MIOS and cfg usb loader. I can boot the GC game (Zelda WW, SMSunshine, Metal Gear, ETC) but the games keeps informing me that i dont have a memory card (and i dont have, of curse).

jhdballz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They actually sell 128GB SD cards? Why the heck would anyone want those?

yeah they actually sell 128gb SDXC Card. Don't matter if you have gamecube or not. you can used homebrew apps, games depend apps used on SD card, can be movie files, any files to use sdxc card for anythings. For example Atari 2600 emulation or other emluation, many apps in homebrew. some people frustrated with Hard drive is not compatibility for DIOS MIOS USB. some people want back to DML for SD Card. Sometime GameCube load to error HDD. My HDD is no problem load GameCube and my SDXC Card are good =).

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that in my wii data management I have 12k of blocks available,is there a way of installing wads on the sd card blocks and to then use the installed wad from the wii ?? ,if not why does it tell me I have all these free blocks on my sd card ? thanks

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I noticed that in my wii data management I have 12k of blocks available,is there a way of installing wads on the sd card blocks and to then use the installed wad from the wii ?? ,if not why does it tell me I have all these free blocks on my sd card ? thanks
Sorry, you can't install WAD's directly to the SD card and use them from the system menu.
What you CAN do as you mentioned is transfer saves (and channels if you have at least system menu version 4.0) over to the SD card and run them from there.
You just go to data management and select the desired item and there will be a transfer button on the bottom. Press it and it will transfer it over. You can then install WAD's from your favorite WAD manager and then transfer them over as well.

A few things to remember:
- When you load something off the SD card it temporarily transfers it back to your Wii in order to use it so you will need to always keep enough blocks free on your Wii for the biggest channel/save you have on SD.
- If you transfer save files to SD you will only be able to use those save files from the disk channel. Backup loader programs will not be able to access them.
- If you haven't updated your Wii to at least 4.0 it might be a good idea to do so. 4.0 and 4.1 don't cause any problems. It's 4.2 and 4.3 that try to get rid of the HBC and such (but even that can be blocked). The simplest way as is to get the right system menu WAD file AND the WAD for it's IOS and install them with a WAD manager. If had PriiLoader you will have to reinstall it afterward.

(another option is to create an emulated NAND on SD or a hard drive and install them there but you would need to use some homebrew app such as a backup loader to be able to play them. This would also be how you could use saves from a SD card with a backup loader.)

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, you can't install WAD's directly to the SD card and use them from the system menu.
What you CAN do as you mentioned is transfer saves (and channels if you have at least system menu version 4.0) over to the SD card and run them from there.
You just go to data management and select the desired item and there will be a transfer button on the bottom. Press it and it will transfer it over. You can then install WAD's from your favorite WAD manager and then transfer them over as well.

A few things to remember:
- When you load something off the SD card it temporarily transfers it back to your Wii in order to use it so you will need to always keep enough blocks free on your Wii for the biggest channel/save you have on SD.
- If you transfer save files to SD you will only be able to use those save files from the disk channel. Backup loader programs will not be able to access them.
- If you haven't updated your Wii to at least 4.0 it might be a good idea to do so. 4.0 and 4.1 don't cause any problems. It's 4.2 and 4.3 that try to get rid of the HBC and such (but even that can be blocked). The simplest way as is to get the right system menu WAD file AND the WAD for it's IOS and install them with a WAD manager. If had PriiLoader you will have to reinstall it afterward.

(another option is to create an emulated NAND on SD or a hard drive and install them there but you would need to use some homebrew app such as a backup loader to be able to play them. This would also be how you could use saves from a SD card with a backup loader.)

Thanks for the reply.
I have been able to do what you said and transfer some wads to the sd card with mixed success.
Only some wads (about 25%) seem to launch from the sd card and some games wont lauch,the ones that fail to launch cant be moved back to the wii system menu,they fail to move,I need to erase them first then reinstall them using a wad manager.
I have also tried to move several emu channels to the sd card and they dont launch either :(
Any idea why this is and is there a workaround that I can use to launch wads that use large amount of blocks from the sd card.. thanks

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.
I have been able to do what you said and transfer some wads to the sd card with mixed success.
Only some wads (about 25%) seem to launch from the sd card and some games wont lauch,the ones that fail to launch cant be moved back to the wii system menu,they fail to move,I need to erase them first then reinstall them using a wad manager.
I have also tried to move several emu channels to the sd card and they dont launch either :(
Any idea why this is and is there a workaround that I can use to launch wads that use large amount of blocks from the sd card.. thanks
Since you mentioned emu channels, I assume you're trying to run emulated NAND through a backup launcher (which uses a cIOS) come channels are just not compatible with doing it that way.
The most compatible way to run and SD emulated NAND is with SNEEK (something like neek2o) You can get that set up with ModMii.

I hadn't seen that with with things not wanting to be copied back or launched before. That's interesting. (not that I have a VAST experience with this or anything but I do know the basics of how to do it.) If you do still have plenty of space on your Wii's internal memory the only thing I can think of that might help is installing a patched IOS for the your system menu IOS (ModMii can help you with that, too) if it's because some incorrectly signed channels are just be getting blocked.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey, a thread for me.

I upgraded to USBLoaderGX 3.0, and I can no longer run Gamecube games off of my USB. Is there any way I can fix this?

"and I can no longer run Gamecube games off of my USB."

you will have to provide more information. Were you loading gamecube games off USB before?

HarveyPierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Oh hey, a thread for me.

I upgraded to USBLoaderGX 3.0, and I can no longer run Gamecube games off of my USB. Is there any way I can fix this?

you will have to provide more information. Were you loading gamecube games off USB before?

Yes. It would ask me if I wanted to copy to SD, and I would just click "Launch from USB" and I'd be able to play my games. Now I'm no longer able to.

Edit: I was using Version 2.3 r1123

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey, a thread for me.

Yes. It would ask me if I wanted to copy to SD, and I would just click "Launch from USB" and I'd be able to play my games. Now I'm no longer able to.

Edit: I was using Version 2.3 r1123
Try installing Dios Mios (again).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1