Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
If you plan on playing them through a usbloader (cfg,gx or wiiflow) then you are already set . Just make sure your tv supports NTSC & all games wii run fine .

If you plan to play original discs then you will either need to launch them from a loader instead of disc channel or use the priiloader hack that makes your wii region free .

gimmeesome

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply,
I plan to Launch from the cfg USB Loader and have done the Priiloader region free hack.
No idea about the TV but will give it a go :)
Wish I'd done all this a long time ago lol

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster you got me thinking now i use modmii but i always have done it as online installation , what the difference?
wiihacks omg i was on there on thursday evening and the edit button wasn't working for me so i double posted and had this administrator send me some really nasty stuff. i told him i am new and the button wouldn't work and his reply was i don't care if your new or not i'll send you files to brick your wii so i sent him a p.m asking what his problem was (but not quite as polite), next thing i get banned for "flaming a mod" whatever that means and the ban ends in sept 2012.

anyone tell me if i have set my wiiflow up correct please. i don't have the fish bowl symbol but have a symbol that looks like channels, click it and it takes me to the news/weather channels but the boxes are 3d. in settings im on usb1 and saw another setting that said NAND.
i want all wiiware and game saves to run from usb stick any help on this one as it still putting saves on the internal memory?

not installed neek sneek uneek or nothing as of yet as i don't know what i need for 4.3e and it confuses my grey matter
I have not used Wiiflow in a bit but I do know Wiiflow has the ablility to play WW/VC games from an emulated nand.
This is a really good guide :) http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek however with that said you do not need to follow the whole guide as ModMii will create all the necessary files for neek for you, you simply only need to make a dump your nand :) Hope this helps and I would go with the bootmii nand dump cause it's my preference considering it's going to have all you saves and extra's in there as well.

The difference between and Offline and Online install is simply not only quicker since the files are all ready on sd but it's safer cause you don't have to worry about your internet going out in the middle of download/install.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
ah ok i have a nand dump on my pc from my wii so i use that and put it in my 1gb usb partition for gamesaves?
i have a new setting on my wiiflow now, usb saves emulation it called and that is on but wiiware still saves to internal memory i got this by changing a .ini

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure what your referencing here sorry :( I use neek2o to play my WW/VC games. I take it you have the nand dump extracted to the root of either your usb or sd? Someone more experienced w/Wiiflow may be able to answer this question I know Cyan reads a lot about WiiFlow and GX hint hint :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently atm I use neek2o for everything; including Wii Games, VC/WW, homebrew, etc; but when modifying new Wii's I setup CFGv70 for them and postloader for nand emulation cause I like the way it looks :) Sorry I can't answer you question about Wiiflow but rest assured Cyan does in fact read a about Wiiflow and CFG and has been very helpful regarding information about these subjects.

EDIT: Since Neek2o supports WBFS converted games WW/VC you may want to consider using this or wait for stfour to perfect his wbfs loading on real nand :) which will use CFG to mount and play the game w/o having to load a usb loader and all this can be done w/in his Postloader 3 app which would rival all the other usb loaders :) if you don't know much about Postloader I would suggest you check it out. I was a little sceptical at first however once I tried it and realized how good it was since it can load WW/VC and system titles alongside homebrew all-in-one it is a very productive app for the Wii.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about neek and external hdds with and w/o their own power supply. Is it still recommend to have a ext.hdd with with its own power supply or is this only necessary with instrumental games? I don't really play them but I've read in the past that most people prefer ext.hdd with their own power supply vs ones that take power from the Wii.

What I have is two 120GB laptop size hdd I think 2.5"?? one is from my old laptop the other is from my PS3 120GB which got upgraded to a 1TB & I would like to use one of my old hdd for neek2o however before I go out and buy a enclosure I would like to know if neek2o runs fine from a ext.hdd w/o it's own power supply.

Thanks in advance for the info.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yup, it runs fine, but compatibility will depend on the enclosure u buy. I've got bare laptop sized hard drives working using the seagate usb 2.0 adapter designed for their goflex drives, and I've also gotten it working using a cheap enclosure i got off newegg a yr ago for around 10-15 bucks, but that's about the same price as the adapter, and I find it useful for a lot of different things

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.. Is there any way to make my USB Loader use the left USB port instead of the standard right one? I suspect the standard drive isn't working anymore...

PLAT0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will PM the thanks to the people that answered. But I'm posting here to show that I not just took the information and ran. :)

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
hi having sneek trouble i only got 1 folder out the nus downloader. got my nand dump etc having trouble getting the sneek directory files :/ can anyone send me a link to sneek please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Most emulators even automatically detect them now