JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i disabled the sleeptimer, formated to fat32 and I have no problems loading ISO's from my computer onto the HDD...my only problem is that when i use the hdd on usb loader gx it makes the wii freeze on the "Exception ISI Occurred" screen and i have no clue why
Use Configurable USB Loader. It's way more stable, and way more sexy. ;)

Starman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys...total Noob here

I have installed Homebrew on my Wii Ver 4.2E following this guide Here with no issues...all good.

I then attempted to use a USB HD for back up by means of the Trucha Bug using this Guide and have hit a snag.(I didn't put USB loader on front page btw)

All seem to go well and I backed up two games to the HD but when I go to play back it just jumps back to the Home Brew channel.

So I obviously made a mistake somewhere but no idea where.

Has anyone come across this or should I redo it all.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
hi, can somebody please walk me through wiiflow in basic idiot step by step guide explaining how i open up certain folders etc to find certain files.
i basically want to save all game saves on to my 1gb usb stick this includes my wiiware game saves but i want to keep my wiiware on sd card.
i also have a 2tb hdd that i want to store all my games on so basically all the saves for these will also go on the usb stick but i have no idea what im doing although i have put wiiflow.ini and gamesconfig2.ini into the wiiflow settings folder deleting the original gameconfig2.ini file

starman just some advice on posting do not double post as the moderators get an attitude over that, they are not polite they have a bit of a chip on their shoulder click the edit button and add to your post that way, i was banned from a forum last night for doing just that and was given some really nasty abuse (online bullying) from a moderator i get unbanned in sept 2012.

PLAT0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love me some help.
I would love that thing over there.

You need to be specific or people will just be confused.

Haha, i know. But i just wanted to see how active this thread was. I have some issues and I will be 100% honest since I am anonymous here.
I have some disorders going on in my head and I'm not the bravest of guys. So I am kinda insecure and stuff. And this softmod is really getting too me. I have been following this guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archives/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html) and it worked. But then i remembered that it was outdated.
So now I am crapping my pants over that I might have fucked everything up. What I would like help with is some questions and directions.
I am running 4.1E and i followed that guide to the letter.
My question is this: do I need to redo anything now? Will a 16GB usb stick do for the backups or do i need to go out and buy a usb HDD? And can anybody provide an easy to follow guide to how I go about with the usb stick?

It took me allot of balls to write this so please be nice. (It's ok that you laugh at my issues, as long as you laugh WITH me and not AT me)

:)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Haha, i know. But i just wanted to see how active this thread was. I have some issues and I will be 100% honest since I am anonymous here.
I have some disorders going on in my head and I'm not the bravest of guys. So I am kinda insecure and stuff. And this softmod is really getting too me. I have been following this guide (http://www.wiihacks....od-any-wii.html) and it worked. But then i remembered that it was outdated.
So now I am crapping my pants over that I might have fucked everything up. What I would like help with is some questions and directions.
My question is this: do I need to redo anything now? Will a 16GB usb stick do for the backups or do i need to go out and buy a usb HDD? And can anybody provide an easy to follow guide to how I go about with the usb stick?

It took me allot of balls to write this so please be nice. (It's ok that you laugh at my issues, as long as you laugh WITH me and not AT me)

That guide is arguably the best softmod guide ever created. Your softmod is fine, leave it alone.

A USB stick will work, but you won't be able to fit much on 16GB. If you want to use it, just format it as FAT32 and create a folder called "wbfs" on it. You can then start up Configurable USB Loader (which was included in the guide). Stick a disc in the Wii and press + on your Wii remote. The game will be ripped to the USB stick.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have some disorders going on in my head and I'm not the bravest of guys. So I am kinda insecure and stuff. And this softmod is really getting too me. I have been following this guide (http://www.wiihacks....od-any-wii.html) and it worked. But then i remembered that it was outdated.

I'm going to say ModMii is the answer to all your questions. Not only will it generate a guide for you but it will download everything you need to softmod your wii for an offline installation. Yes your wii is softmoded already but the easiest way in your part is to tell modmii you have a virgin Wii and what you would like it to setup and just go into your favorite Wad Manager and install all the wad files. it's simple and easy and I too know your pain about updating something I was nervous as crap now I can softmod any wii in like 20mins :) So no you did not mess anything up.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm going to say ModMii is the answer to all your questions. Not only will it generate a guide for you but it will download everything you need to softmod your wii for an offline installation. Yes your wii is softmoded already but the easiest way in your part is to tell modmii you have a virgin Wii and what you would like it to setup and just go into your favorite Wad Manager and install all the wad files. it's simple and easy and I too know your pain about updating something I was nervous as crap now I can softmod any wii in like 20mins :) So no you did not mess anything up.
He doesn't need to resoftmod, he already has a perfect softmod as it is. A better one actually.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He doesn't need to resoftmod, he already has a perfect softmod as it is. A better one actually.
A better one??? I think it's a matter of opinion and I'm aware he is already softmodded he asked for an easier way to update right? I was just giving him one :)

An opinion being I think a softmod needs a Custom System Menu w/o Priiloader hacks enabled; Priiloader is meant for brick protection and that's all I intend to use it for.

Still your opinion is your own and well respected to me; if he is as self conscience as I then I understand why things may need to be perfect in his eyes even though constant reassurance wont do him no good short term only long term cause it'll eat him up inside until he learns or understand, well actually until he feels comfortable with it. I understand where he is coming from if he is indeed like how he described himself.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

A better one??? I think it's a matter of opinion and I'm aware he is already softmodded he asked for an easier way to update right? I was just giving him one :)

An opinion being I think a softmod needs a Custom System Menu w/o Priiloader hacks enabled; Priiloader is meant for brick protection and that's all I intend to use it for.

Still your opinion is your own and well respected to me; if he is as self conscience as I then I understand why things may need to be perfect in his eyes even though constant reassurance wont do him no good short term only long term cause it'll eat him up inside until he learns or understand, well actually until he feels comfortable with it. I understand where he is coming from if he is indeed like how he described himself.
Better in the sense that it is safer and more complete. ModMii has almost caught up with it over the past few months, but it's still lacking a few things, such as the custom menu (mauifrog was the one who came up with the idea).

You also shouldn't tell people to use the cIOS setup from ModMii if they have used Softmod ANY Wii. I based ModMii's setup on the average user, where as mauifrog's is for ultimate brick recovery. Base 56 is installed in slot 248 (which the include Cfg uses) so 249 can have the patches only available for base 38.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Better in the sense that it is safer and more complete. ModMii has almost caught up with it over the past few months, but it's still lacking a few things, such as the custom menu (mauifrog was the one who came up with the idea).

You also shouldn't tell people to use the cIOS setup from ModMii if they have used Softmod ANY Wii. I based ModMii's setup on the average user, where as mauifrog's is for ultimate brick recovery. Base 56 is installed in slot 248 (which the include Cfg uses) so 249 can have the patches only available for base 38.
Ah well noted :) before I got used to soft modding I used a guide on Wii hacks probably the same one as he, then modmii's guide then mauifrogs guide :) back to modmii's guide. I really like how Mauifrog has the HBC backup but for an average user I think ModMii helps me out plently enough.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
kylster you got me thinking now i use modmii but i always have done it as online installation , what the difference?
wiihacks omg i was on there on thursday evening and the edit button wasn't working for me so i double posted and had this administrator send me some really nasty stuff. i told him i am new and the button wouldn't work and his reply was i don't care if your new or not i'll send you files to brick your wii so i sent him a p.m asking what his problem was (but not quite as polite), next thing i get banned for "flaming a mod" whatever that means and the ban ends in sept 2012.

anyone tell me if i have set my wiiflow up correct please. i don't have the fish bowl symbol but have a symbol that looks like channels, click it and it takes me to the news/weather channels but the boxes are 3d. in settings im on usb1 and saw another setting that said NAND.
i want all wiiware and game saves to run from usb stick any help on this one as it still putting saves on the internal memory?

not installed neek sneek uneek or nothing as of yet as i don't know what i need for 4.3e and it confuses my grey matter

gimmeesome

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am new to the Wii Party,

Quick Q, Can I play a NTSC game on my PAL system or will I risk bricking? most games I want seem to be NTSC

My Wii setup - udated to 4.3E. Used Letterbomb / hackmi to get HBC. Made a Nand Backup. Used Modmi (patched IOS236, installed priiloader, installed all Wads suggested and USB loader). So far all is working really well. Loving WiiMc

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land