Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Download the wad from ModMii and install it with a wad manager.

So it's perfectly safe to install the IOS53.WAD on a 3.2E system just like that? I just wanna make sure..
System menu 3.2 runs on IOS 30, so yes, installing IOS 53 is perfectly safe, and you will not get a brick.

Thanks. Also, as I already asked, is there any recommended speed to burn the backups at? I have searched for it, but there's almost as many answers as there are topic about it.. Does it really matter?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Download the wad from ModMii and install it with a wad manager.

So it's perfectly safe to install the IOS53.WAD on a 3.2E system just like that? I just wanna make sure..
System menu 3.2 runs on IOS 30, so yes, installing IOS 53 is perfectly safe, and you will not get a brick.

Thanks. Also, as I already asked, is there any recommended speed to burn the backups at? I have searched for it, but there's almost as many answers as there are topic about it.. Does it really matter?
4X on DVD-R (preferably Verbatim),

jarl123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi.

i've softmodded my wii and downloaden all the three versions of pokemon mystery dungeon wii but i've wondered if there are versions of those games but then they are english patched so all the reading parts and everything is not in japanese but in english.
please people look for it.

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok im kinda new at this so where do i find modmii. I dont have the internet set up for i changed the password on my reuter and now cant access wii settings as mentioned earlier. Is it possible for a step by step guide or something? Like i have no clue what 7b is...
ModMii is an app for your computer (assuming you are running windows), and it is in the stickied topics. Just download it and start it up, from there it should be fairly straight forward, go to the system menu themes section from the main menu, and download the 2 files Joostin said to.

Add MyMenuify mod to your sd card, like any other homebrew app, and put the .app file in a folder called modthemes on the root of your sd.

Start up MyMenuify with the homebrew channel, and install the .app

EDIT: oops, didn't realise Joostin had already replied to that...
So i dl'd the 7b and mymenuify mod, so do i put it on the sd card that has all my files on it from soft modding or do i use a new sd?

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm having trouble using BackupMii, is just says "backup failed: -1" and some other stuff, that I can of course post if necessary. Is there any obvious reason why this is happening? I know that I have a few hundred MB available on the SDcard.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble using BackupMii, is just says "backup failed: -1" and some other stuff, that I can of course post if necessary. Is there any obvious reason why this is happening? I know that I have a few hundred MB available on the SDcard.
You need around 528MB of free space.

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You need around 528MB of free space.
Thank you. Will it make my wii brick-proof?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have bootmii as boot2 (old Wii's only), it will. The only thing that could brick it is a failed boot2 update, which would remove bootmii, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway. If you only have bootmii as IOS, you can pay someone to flash your NAND using that backup if you get a full brick. Priiloader will cover everything semi-brick.

You really shouldn't have problems as long as you stay away from stuff like region changing your Wii and System Menu themes.

jarl123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi.

i've softmodded my wii and downloaden all the three versions of pokemon mystery dungeon wii but i've wondered if there are versions of those games but then they are english patched so all the reading parts and everything is not in japanese but in english.
please people look for it.

PS : I think to softmod your wii the best way for version 4.3 is to use a Letterbomb

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know which WADs I need? I softmoded my Wii maybe 2 years ago following a step by step tutorial and it all works perfectly now using Wiiflow IOS249. However some later games are giving me issues, and I'm trying to install the latest d2x cIOS... I have ModMii opened on the 4th download page, and there are a bunch of WADs to download, variations of 249 and 250. What do the x37 x38 etc. mean and which one should I get?

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know which WADs I need? I softmoded my Wii maybe 2 years ago following a step by step tutorial and it all works perfectly now using Wiiflow IOS249. However some later games are giving me issues, and I'm trying to install the latest d2x cIOS... I have ModMii opened on the 4th download page, and there are a bunch of WADs to download, variations of 249 and 250. What do the x37 x38 etc. mean and which one should I get?

The x?? stands for the IOS ?? base (37/38/56/57/58). Mine is set up with 249 using base 56 and 250 using base 57, which I believe is the "usual" setup, and I haven't had any problems with my games yet (at least, not related to the cIOS). Try options 249d2x56 and 250d2x57

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok im kinda new at this so where do i find modmii. I dont have the internet set up for i changed the password on my reuter and now cant access wii settings as mentioned earlier. Is it possible for a step by step guide or something? Like i have no clue what 7b is...
ModMii is an app for your computer (assuming you are running windows), and it is in the stickied topics. Just download it and start it up, from there it should be fairly straight forward, go to the system menu themes section from the main menu, and download the 2 files Joostin said to.

Add MyMenuify mod to your sd card, like any other homebrew app, and put the .app file in a folder called modthemes on the root of your sd.

Start up MyMenuify with the homebrew channel, and install the .app

EDIT: oops, didn't realise Joostin had already replied to that...

ok so i finally got my wii settings to work thanks to you guys, for some reason i was still on 4.3u even though i thought i downgraded to 4.1. but now my router wont connect to the wii, it finds the access point with 100% bars, but still wont connect. and i dont think its the router (maybe it is?) since the xbox will still connect to it and the ds. what could be causing this?
i know im probly annoying but im so drained from trying to fix this wii myself that i need help

Regulon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here's my situation: I have a v4.2U Wii that has The Homebrew channel and WiiFlow already installed.
My problem is that the external HDD that was used to install these is gone. How can I use a new HDD for this.
When I go to the homebrew channel and press home on my wiimote the details are 1.0.8 ios61 v21.29 and a button saying "launch bootmii".
The wiiflow looks like this guys' also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-P9ON03IvE
And would you kindly tell me a step by step instruction since i'm such an idiot with these things.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i finally got my wii settings to work thanks to you guys, for some reason i was still on 4.3u even though i thought i downgraded to 4.1. but now my router wont connect to the wii, it finds the access point with 100% bars, but still wont connect. and i dont think its the router (maybe it is?) since the xbox will still connect to it and the ds. what could be causing this?
i know im probly annoying but im so drained from trying to fix this wii myself that i need help

Will it not even attempt the connection test or does the connection test fail?

Ok here's my situation: I have a v4.2U Wii that has The Homebrew channel and WiiFlow already installed.
My problem is that the external HDD that was used to install these is gone. How can I use a new HDD for this.

Do you still see WiiFlow on the homebrew channel? (No need to press home to access it). If so, all you need to do is put some games in the wbfs folder on the HDD (if you're using FAT32/NTFS), plug the HDD into the wii and fire up WiiFlow. If you need help setting up the HDD initially, feel free to ask

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Will it not even attempt the connection test or does the connection test fail?

yes, the wii does find the access point with all the bars lit up (dlink router) and initiates the connection test but fails. Ive tried resetting my router and it wont even connect to it when its unsecured after resetting it. Can a softmod error cause this? because the router will literally connect to everything but the wii...

princeofpants

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, i'm a pretty noob in Wii Hacking.
Being a nood and scared as hell. I have a few stupid questions.
My Wii is a RVL-001 USA and i know that it's hacked with a modchip. The firmware is pretty pretty old. Even before 4.1 i guess.
So my question is, what can i do to hack it to use a backup loader? Also what kind of HDD should i get?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol