modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
XFlak said:
Ireland here I come!
wink.gif
I call dibs on your fiance once she finds out (cause I'm telling her). We're still cool though, right?
wink.gif
lol, it's a good thing my girl doesn't follow "XFlak" online otherwise I'd be in trouble by now! But it doesn't matter anymore, now that ModMii is occupying my girl all the time I'm free to do whatever I want! lol

PS. careful with how u spell fiance\fiancee, 1 e is masculine and 2 e's is feminine. I didn't know that myself a year ago when I got engaged and made the mistake of mentioning my "fiance" somewhere in the modmii thread. I think it was giantpune, maybe not, but someone let me have it, lol. Pretty funny actually, it's a good thing I can take a joke though
biggrin.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
JoostinOnline said:
XFlak said:
Ireland here I come!
wink.gif
I call dibs on your fiance once she finds out (cause I'm telling her). We're still cool though, right?
wink.gif
lol, it's a good thing my girl doesn't follow "XFlak" online otherwise I'd be in trouble by now! But it doesn't matter anymore, now that ModMii is occupying my girl all the time I'm free to do whatever I want! lol

PS. careful with how u spell fiance\fiancee, 1 e is masculine and 2 e's is feminine. I didn't know that myself a year ago when I got engaged and made the mistake of mentioning my "fiance" somewhere in the modmii thread. I think it was giantpune, maybe not, but someone let me have it, lol. Pretty funny actually, it's a good thing I can take a joke though
biggrin.gif
Yeah, cause I was totally joking. I would never betray you like that.

Joostin winks at the other gbatemp members.

PainMedicine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Simple someone offered me 210 euros to get a virgin wii at 3.2
Thats more then il ever get for that piece of junk so please tell me how to do it
wink.gif

And if my wii is updated to 4.3 wont the boot2 be updated to bootv4 or whatever basically that if i downgrade without downgrading the boot2 it will brick my wii? otherwise id just grab the 3.2 wad from nus downloader and install that wad then use any title deleter and virginize it

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
PainMedicine said:
Thats more then il ever get for that piece of junk so please tell me how to do it
wink.gif

And if my wii is updated to 4.3 wont the boot2 be updated to bootv4 or whatever basically that if i downgrade without downgrading the boot2 it will brick my wii? otherwise id just grab the 3.2 wad from nus downloader and install that wad then use any title deleter and virginize it
Despite the lack of correct punctuation and grammar in that post, I think I figured out what you are asking.

You really can't "virginize" a Wii completely, with the possible exception of creating a fresh NAND (don't mess with that), plus there isn't any reason to. Updating to 4.3 won't make it impossible to downgrade. Your boot2 version (which cannot be downgraded) has nothing to do with it. However, the 4.2/4.3 updates can result in bricks if they fail. A full brick is a likely result if you attempt to virginize it, making it worthless to most people.

How about you ask this guy why he doesn't want it hacked, and then I can give instructions from there?

PainMedicine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
PainMedicine said:
wink.gif

Despite the lack of correct punctuation and grammar in that post, I think I figured out what you are asking.

You really can't "virginize" a Wii completely, with the possible exception of creating a fresh NAND (don't mess with that), plus there isn't any reason to. Updating to 4.3 won't make it impossible to downgrade. Your boot2 version (which cannot be downgraded) has nothing to do with it. However, the 4.2/4.3 updates can result in bricks if they fail. A full brick is a likely result if you attempt to virginize it, making it worthless to most people.

How about you ask this guy why he doesn't want it hacked, and then I can give instructions from there?
He doesnt say why. I already asked him
So if i install the 3.4 System menu wad then work my way around from there it wouldnt brick my wii right?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
PainMedicine said:
He doesnt say why. I already asked him
So if i install the 3.4 System menu wad then work my way around from there it wouldnt brick my wii right?
You really aren't giving me enough info on this. I don't know what SM it has right now, why he doesn't want it hacked (which is important, so ask him again), or what you mean by "work my way around from there." Does it have bootmii as boot2, do you have a NAND backup, have you updated things like the HBC and Priiloader recently, etc? You can't just install a SM wad alone and expect things to work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Install a non-stubbed IOS30 and the 3.2 system menu for your region, and you can safely downgrade (warning to others possibly reading this, PainMedicine's wii had 3.2 installed on it at some point, so he is able to safely run 3.2 SM off of a plain vanilla IOS30. Newer wii's shouldn't be downgraded, and if they are for whatever reason a non-stubbed IOS60 should be installed to slot 30 to prevent bricks)

Since you're not trying to send the wii back to nintendo, u should remove the hacks instead of trying to remove all traces of it ever being hacked (ie. virginizing). Your buyer will never know the difference unless he sends it to nintendo, but since its not under warranty by now anyways, it shouldn't matter.

So to remove hacks, just delete any custom channels (including the HBC), and u can do that right from the Wii's data management menu. Priiloader would have already been removed when u installed the new system menu so u don't need to worry about uninstalling that. You might want to uninstall bootmii @ boot2, but u may as well leave it there, unless the buyer has an sd card plugged in the wii with the bootmii files on it, he'll never know its installed (unless he notices the double blinking light).

But yea, I can't think of any good reason why this person would want a virgin 3.2 wii... the best I can think of is that he has no clue and thinks only 3.2 wiis can be softmodded.

Anyways, how about sending me some cash since ur making a hefty profit off my advice? Or better yet, make a small donation to giantpune or team twiizers from the both of us instead
biggrin.gif

PainMedicine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
Install a non-stubbed IOS30 and the 3.2 system menu for your region, and you can safely downgrade (warning to others possibly reading this, PainMedicine's wii had 3.2 installed on it at some point, so he is able to safely run 3.2 SM off of a plain vanilla IOS30. Newer wii's shouldn't be downgraded, and if they are for whatever reason a non-stubbed IOS60 should be installed to slot 30 to prevent bricks)

Since you're not trying to send the wii back to nintendo, u should remove the hacks instead of trying to remove all traces of it ever being hacked (ie. virginizing). Your buyer will never know the difference unless he sends it to nintendo, but since its not under warranty by now anyways, it shouldn't matter.

So to remove hacks, just delete any custom channels (including the HBC), and u can do that right from the Wii's data management menu. Priiloader would have already been removed when u installed the new system menu so u don't need to worry about uninstalling that. You might want to uninstall bootmii @ boot2, but u may as well leave it there, unless the buyer has an sd card plugged in the wii with the bootmii files on it, he'll never know its installed (unless he notices the double blinking light).

But yea, I can't think of any good reason why this person would want a virgin 3.2 wii... the best I can think of is that he has no clue and thinks only 3.2 wiis can be softmodded.

Anyways, how about sending me some cash since ur making a hefty profit off my advice? Or better yet, make a small donation to giantpune or team twiizers from the both of us instead
biggrin.gif

I would if i didnt have rent to pay and beers to buy
bow.gif
and a job to find
Or if i even had paypal

btw what version of ios30?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

biggrin.gif
Are you sure about that? I'm asking questions for a reason.

Bhoona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i'm new to this since just yesterday. I followed the guide by mauifrog i found with google and everything went well so far.

I was wondering if with the basic setup in mauifrog's guide i can play games from different regions. Or if not how i can do this.

Grateful for any help.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Bhoona said:
Hi i'm new to this since just yesterday. I followed the guide by mauifrog i found with google and everything went well so far.

I was wondering if with the basic setup in mauifrog's guide i can play games from different regions. Or if not how i can do this.

Grateful for any help.
It sounds like you followed Softmod ANY Wii (an excellent guide). If you followed the directions, you should be able to play games from other regions using a USB loader and through the Disc Channel.

Bhoona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that's the guide i followed, it was very good.

So the configurable usb loader will play any region of games then? That's great then.

Thanks for the info.

Another question i have:

I'm currently using a usb flash drive for games, I would like to buy a hard drive. Are portable external hard drives (ones with no power cables) ok for the wii or are powered ones better?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Bhoona said:
Yes that's the guide i followed, it was very good.

So the configurable usb loader will play any region of games then? That's great then.

Thanks for the info.

Another question i have:

I'm currently using a usb flash drive for games, I would like to buy a hard drive. Are portable external hard drives (ones with no power cables) ok for the wii or are powered ones better?
Well you just want to find one that is compatible, and most use a power cable these days. I suggest you pick a compatible one from this list:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

Bhoona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but it's awkward where my wii is located and having a portable one would be much easier. I'm just worried about overheating the wii or something. Maybe i should make a thread about this as it's not really a noob question.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bhoona said:
Thanks but it's awkward where my wii is located and having a portable one would be much easier. I'm just worried about overheating the wii or something. Maybe i should make a thread about this as it's not really a noob question.
What do you mean, you can still get a portable one, it just has to be on the compatibility list (well, it doesn't have to be, but if it is, then you know it will work)

Bhoona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it could be compatible but still make the wii hotter than a wired hd.

Doesn't matter anyway I already ordered a wired Western Digital Elements 1tb hd. I'll just have to use an extension for more plug sockets.

Bhoona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but: i can't get a game to load with configurable usb loader. The game is Megamind and it is a U.S game, my Wii is PAL. When i launch it the screen goes black and i have to reset. I tried a different U.S game and it worked (Excite truck).

My 6 year old really wants to play this so any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries