Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cawk said:
I am a complete newfag when it comes to Wii hacking so bear with me please. I have a Wii 4.3, but I managed to install the HBC using Smash Stack. Now I want to get some other apps like the HBB and Gecko. How do I do this?

Sorry, I know how annoying questions like this can be. >_>

Follow this guide to get USB LOADING \ DISC LOADING \ VC+WIIWARE LOADING \ WIIMC.

All APPS go into SD:/apps/APPNAME/boot.dol

Cawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Cawk said:
I am a complete newfag when it comes to Wii hacking so bear with me please. I have a Wii 4.3, but I managed to install the HBC using Smash Stack. Now I want to get some other apps like the HBB and Gecko. How do I do this?

Sorry, I know how annoying questions like this can be. >_>

Follow this guide to get USB LOADING \ DISC LOADING \ VC+WIIWARE LOADING \ WIIMC.

All APPS go into SD:/apps/APPNAME/boot.dol

Thanks a lot for the help, Riley. That guide helped a lot.

lovemusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lovemusic said:
Hello,
I am brand new to all this Wii Hacking and what not and during my research I find that I am getting lost in all the information that is out there. So I am hopeing that my very noob question can be answered here.
I have a 4.2U Wii and what I want to do is be able to play my copy of ?????????????? ?????? (Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: the Labyrinth of Forgotten Time).
When I was living in Japan I bought Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon and a Wii, 2 years later I sold my Japanese Wii and moved back to Canada but I wanted to keep Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon in hopes that I could play it on my North American Wii....and know I know that my Japanese Wii game can't be played on my North American Wii.

So if anyone can tell me or point me in the right direction for the best was to play my copy of ?????????????? ?????? on my 4.2U Wii that would be great!!

I am sorry if this kind of question has been asked a hundred times, but I love Chocobo's Dungeon games and I am just getting so confused by all the information out there.

Thanks!

Can anyone help me?? or point me in the right direction??

dnalor

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi..

It's a noob place here so i hope that i'm at the right place for my question.
My son is working with the Reggie Editor for editing that Mario game.
But i cannot get it to work on my modded wii. (rev14)
Not on the HDD and not on a disc.
Other Custom mario's work like a charm..
But our version stops with the text...read the manual and turn of the wii.
I looked the youtube files...i read the manuals..but i don't know what's wrong.
we don't make bigger levels, they stay the same.

I hope someone has an idea for fixing this.

Ernie Pantuso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is SUCH a GREAT idea! Bravo and thank you!!!

OK - here's my first question... From a cold boot, my Wii now boots up to the BootMii screen. I don't know how I did this and I don't know how to fix it. Help?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ernie Pantuso said:

OK - here's my first question... From a cold boot, my Wii now boots up to the BootMii screen. I don't know how I did this and I don't know how to fix it. Help?
When you installed bootmii it made it automatically boot to bootmii instead of the system menu.
To change it back you have to edit the bootmii config file and change the boot or autoboot setting (not sure what it's called) from bootmii to sysmenu.

Ernie Pantuso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
Ernie Pantuso said:

When you installed bootmii it made it automatically boot to bootmii instead of the system menu.
To change it back you have to edit the bootmii config file and change the boot or autoboot setting (not sure what it's called) from bootmii to sysmenu.
Thanks! That worked! I found the config file in the bootmii folder on the SD card. Actually, the Autoboot line was commented out; I uncommented it (it was set to sysmenu) and it booted up to the system menu. Thank you!

Ernie Pantuso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some way I can get rid of some of the default channels on the main system menu? Specifically, I'd like to 86:
  • Photo
  • Wii Shop
  • Forecast
  • News
Of course, if there's some really good reason to keep any of them (e.g. some col game uses the forecast info to create weather conditions in the game), please let me know.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syscheck is not working for me

i've tried 1.6.2 and 2.0.1....

both hang when it starts the "testing IOS vulnerabilities"....

2.0.1 (which identifies which one it's testing as it's running) shows IOS4, then hangs on IOS9....controllers become non-responsive and a hard shutdown is the only option ....the .csv file created shows down to the number of IOSes/stubs....

i've used the DOP-mii syscheck....it reports down to IOS4 (starts at 250), then hangs...hard shutdown being the only option....

anyone know why this happens? ...or how to fix it? ...mostly a curiousity question at this point...but if i ever have a problem and need GBATemp assistance, there are certain people who get all uptight if a syscheck isn't included....

SM 4.2U
HBC 1.0.8
Bootmii @ boot2
DarkCORP v1.1
cIOS rev17
Hermes v4
cIOS236 v4 (thought installing this would make a difference, but it didn't)
priiloader v0.5

edit: got it to work by removing IOS4.... actually i removed IOSes 4, 10, 11, 20, 30, 40, 51 and 52 (with Mega Multi-Mod Manager)...don't see it as a problem as these are mostly stubs now or no longer used for anything....left the Korean IOSes and i left IOSes 60 and 80 (in the event i upgrade or downgrade my system menu from 4.2U @ IOS70).....

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ernie Pantuso said:
Is there some way I can get rid of some of the default channels on the main system menu? Specifically, I'd like to 86:
  • Photo
  • Wii Shop
  • Forecast
  • News
Of course, if there's some really good reason to keep any of them (e.g. some col game uses the forecast info to create weather conditions in the game), please let me know.
Why? You'll get no extra space for deleting the channels, best to keep them.

My question: Is there a list of homebrew that utilize the USB keyboard?

Ernie Pantuso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Because I don't like them cluttering up my system menu screen. I don't use them, I'd prefer not to see them. If I could even move them to another page, that would work for me.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ernie Pantuso said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Because I don't like them cluttering up my system menu screen. I don't use them, I'd prefer not to see them. If I could even move them to another page, that would work for me.
You're new with the Wii, aren't you? Hold A+B when over your channel and then move it to another page using the + or - buttons. (This can only be done with the Wiimote)

blackbunny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have wode for my wii, and want to use the wii internet browser, but before i can use it wii asks me to update to 4.3 (im on 4.0). but i dont want to update. is there anyway to use the internet without the update?

i am not modded at all, expect the wode.

also wats the point of updating ios things if your wii is softmodded?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
blackbunny said:
i have wode for my wii, and want to use the wii internet browser, but before i can use it wii asks me to update to 4.3 (im on 4.0). but i dont want to update. is there anyway to use the internet without the update?

i am not modded at all, expect the wode.

also wats the point of updating ios things if your wii is softmodded?
No idea on what's a WODE, but if you have HBC and the WAD Manager you can easily find a WAD of the latest Internet channel or Shop channel without updating to 4.3.

Also, we update IOS so we can play more games and get better features at most times. We're gamers. We also softmod because we want to keep our warranty.

Ernie Pantuso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
You're new with the Wii, aren't you? Hold A+B when over your channel and then move it to another page using the + or - buttons. (This can only be done with the Wiimote)
Yes, quite new with the Wii. Thanks for the instructions!

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have two questions-

1. I want to know this. What homebrew use the USB keyboard?

2. This is more important- I'm trying to install cIOS rev20 on a 4.3 white LU57 Wii. What IOS do I have to use? If I try 249 as it auto-selects, then my remotes are out of synch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol