tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tattar8 said:
All system menu versions will play all games. The System Menu has nothing to do with games; it's just the user interface.
Don't forget that every update brings new IOSs, which you will need to update or some games may not work
wink.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
tattar8 said:
All system menu versions will play all games. The System Menu has nothing to do with games; it's just the user interface.
Don't forget that every update brings new IOSs, which you will need to update or some games may not work
wink.gif
I was just talking about the System Menu itself...

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
tj_cool said:
tattar8 said:
wink.gif
I was just talking about the System Menu itself...

So will using the completesoftmod guide add these IOS's ? if not, how do I know which ones to add and can i use DOP-IOS mod to add them?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SallyC said:
So will using the completesoftmod guide add these IOS's ? if not, how do I know which ones to add and can i use DOP-IOS mod to add them?
If you really want to update the IOSs, you can follow xzxero's guide, which will give you the newest IOSs and system menu

badchad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a noob question.

I'm following Xzxero's guide. In the WAD manager, I don't have either:

cIOS249-v17.wad
cIOS250-v17.wad

(I have older versions, v16).

I'm on a virgin 4.2 LU wii. Do I need version 17, or will 16 be ok

EDIT: Just re-downloaded the modify.zip file again and all appears to be well. Weird.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI i had a problem with wii sports resort read alot about it and it said things like alterntive .dols and stuff but also read a thread saying that the game requires ios 55 to play ,so my question is if i extract ios55 from the 3.6 cioscorp ios

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there everyone,

I just have a quick question and would appreciate any help.

I'm running on 4.1E. Previously, I installed cIOS38_rev13a, then updated via Nintendo, then installed Startpatch for hacks and ran the IOS Downgrader. Since then I've had no problem using the USB Loader GX on 4.1. It works great.

Now I would like to update to 4.2 officially (via Nintendo) and I just wanted to check:

1) Whether this is a good idea.

2) What cIOS do I need? If I install the correct cIOS, I should logically be able to update to 4.2 through my Wii and then follow the steps I mentioned above and still have the HBC and USB Loader work normally, right?

Or am I completely missing the point and do I have to follow this guide? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 (Modify any Wii 4.2 or lower)

Thanks for a clear answer! I really appreciate it.

luisfhb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There is something wrong with my SNEEK...

I was able to load the "fake nand"(SD-FS?) but I can't do anything with it, when I click start in any channel "System files are corrupt" message pops up in a black screen, then I have to turn the wii off.

I tried with two NAND.bin made with bootmii, the same problem occur with both.
I tried to take another dump with FSDumper but i couldn't, when I load the program, the wii freezes with the line: "ES_Identity():0"

What should I do to get it working?

Thanks!

Aod116

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant seem to load wad file in wad manger 1.5
The problem occurs when i try to view the wads i have on the sd card
every time i try i get mounting devices error-1

can anyone help me please ?

My system is :Pal
Firmware : 4.2

MrChilli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God bless this thread!

Hope someone can help me. I've not used my Wii for over a year as I leant it to a family member as we wasn't really using it. It was firmware 3.4E (PAL) and has a Revision 1 WiiKey installed.

I've recently got it back and have hooked it up, gone and gotten a few new games and they don't work. I'm assuming I need firware updates but don't know what I should update to and where from. In particular I'm trying to get Just Dance working (for the missus, not me!) but it requires an update. I use WiiBrickBlocker and RegionFrii on my ISO's (latest versions).

I'm probably dead thick as it's been so long but can anyone advise me on how to play the latest games?

Cheers

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have done my wii a while ago now its got pre loader and rev14. my problem now is that my son went to play on it and there was no internet connection so he set a new connection and yes he took the update and he told me half way doing it he turned it off cos it was taking ages. Now when you turn it on all you get is preloader nothing else it says theres no sd card in. but also the HBC dont work ???? can anybody help

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chunky Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM
i have done my wii a while ago now its got pre loader and rev14. my problem now is that my son went to play on it and there was no internet connection so he set a new connection and yes he took the update and he told me half way doing it he turned it off cos it was taking ages. Now when you turn it on all you get is preloader nothing else it says theres no sd card in. but also the HBC dont work ???? can anybody help

chunky,

When your son terminated the update, your system menu was corrupted. Thankfully you are wise enough to have preloader installed and can still save your wii. What you need to do is find a wad of your system menu and install it via wad manager. This can be obtained via NUS downloader or possibly by google. Just make sure you install the wad that corresponds with your system menu and region.

Edit: Didn't notice you can't boot HBC. In that case, place the boot.dol for wad manager in the root of your sd card, and when in preloader go to installed file option. This should boot wad manager and allow you to install your system menu wad.

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me with a Noob question! I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer,
I have just installed Priiloader, in the hacks menu I have enabled, block disc updates and block on line updates but I am not sure what the following are or what they do and also if I need them? (I have a bootmii back up but only as an iso boot1)

Remove no copy save file protection?
Force disc games to run under IOS249?
Recovery mode (disable below hack first)? is this for if I get a brick?
Recovery mode press Dpad-R on gc pad 4p?
Force wii connection test failure?

Also in settings do I need to change autoboot to system menu & save?

Thanks so much

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SallyC said:
Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me with a Noob question! I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer,
I have just installed Priiloader, in the hacks menu I have enabled, block disc updates and block on line updates but I am not sure what the following are or what they do and also if I need them? (I have a bootmii back up but only as an iso boot1)

Remove no copy save file protection?Allows you to copy saves of no-copy games like SSBB to SD
Force disc games to run under IOS249?Forces games to use cIOS
Recovery mode (disable below hack first)? is this for if I get a brick?In some cases
Recovery mode press Dpad-R on gc pad 4p?See above
Force wii connection test failure?So Wii doesn't ask to perform System Update when configuring network Settings

Thanks so much

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
SallyC said:

Remove no copy save file protection?Allows you to copy saves of no-copy games like SSBB to SD
Force disc games to run under IOS249?Forces games to use cIOS
Recovery mode (disable below hack first)? is this for if I get a brick?In some cases
Recovery mode press Dpad-R on gc pad 4p?See above
Force wii connection test failure?So Wii doesn't ask to perform System Update when configuring network Settings

Thanks so much

Thanks, but this hasn't helped me much,

What does no-copy games mean?
why would I need to force games to use cIOS?
Do I need to enable recovery mode, if yes, which one?
and on the last one, if I have stopped updates is this necessary?

and in settings do I need to change autoboot to system menu & save?

sorry, I did say I was a noob!

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no-copy games are the games whose save files cannot be copied to an SD card.
force cIOS would probably only be useful if you have not updated your regular IOSs that games need in order to function properly. Redirecting the IOS to a cIOS may solve this problem.
I dont know anything about recovery mode, sorry.
and forcing connection test failure is for blocking updates when you try to configure a wifi connection. the other update blocks prevent update messages from appearing when you load a game from the disk channel and when you receive update emails from Nintendo.

you only need to change autoboot settings to system menu if you want the wii to load the system menu right away (instead of going to priiloader). if you do this and end up needing to get back to priiloader just hold the reset button once you turn on the wii.

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chunky Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM

chunky,

When your son terminated the update, your system menu was corrupted. Thankfully you are wise enough to have preloader installed and can still save your wii. What you need to do is find a wad of your system menu and install it via wad manager. This can be obtained via NUS downloader or possibly by google. Just make sure you install the wad that corresponds with your system menu and region.

Edit: Didn't notice you can't boot HBC. In that case, place the boot.dol for wad manager in the root of your sd card, and when in preloader go to installed file option. This should boot wad manager and allow you to install your system menu wad.

Servdogg,

thanks for your advice i got the HBC working and as i only use config usb loader i selected that in preloader to boot each time it gets turned on. In the near future i might look into getting the systemmenu back so thanks again for the heads up on the NUS downloader.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo