Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tlovij

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that really all you suppose it will take?

right now i'm doing:
restore trucha bug -> deleting stub ios's -> installing cIOS/patching system menu IOS -> enable priiloader -> install cIOSCORP

you're saying doing that while i burn a dvd-r of NSMB will work? I will be using Ridata RITEKG05 media.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you should burn your Wii games on best quality like Verbatim,Fujifilm .. i'm not sure if it is the source of your problem, but it will surely help ..

Nilxchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total Newb/N00b question here, that was probably answered within the 350+ pages of this topic, but sadly, I don't have the time to read them all.

The Stickied hacking topics will work on a LU64+ Wii, correct? Because my uncle is going to buy one for his family's Christmas and have me hack it. Thus it will be a new LU64+ model.

The answer will probably be yes, but I want to make sure. No flames please, I have hacked my Wii extensively, but it is not a LU64+ Wii.

Thank you!

rudemir

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rudemir said:
A friend of mine borrowed my Wii for a couple of months so I haven't really keep it up to date. I'm wondering what would be my best options.

I have a Wii key 1.9G and 3.1E what should I update to?

Any help?

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

i have a multicIOS error, i want to install it to play Rock Band and Guitar Hero, when i install it, i have an error 0000001,0000000f9,0 failed -1017 .. anybody can help me ?

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soft modded my Wii, it's LU64 and the version is 3.3U
I used the banner bomb, installed BootMii and followed the tutorial for USB LoaderGX. Now, I'd really like to get preloader working, but 3.3/3.4 aren't supported, right?
How would I go about updating to 4.0/4.2 with USB LoaderGX still working and will I be losing any features if I did update?

Also, I've been looking into the config usb loader, I can just start using it without removing USB LoaderGX, right?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can use the new dop-ios to install IOS60 and system menu 4.0 or 4.1 for your region or you could just download IOS60 and the system menu of your choice and install with wad manager

you can have as many usbloaders you want in your apps folder

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have an error when i want to downgrade IOS15 when i want to trucha IOS36 .. it's saying "Error: ES_AddTitleStart returned -1035, maybe need an updated downgrader ERROR: could not set revision to 0"

Anybody for helping me with this ? and for my other problem for multi cIOS ?

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question about 4.0U:

I recently updated my Wii to 4.0U from 3.2U, and I noticed a slight difference in how it loads. Every time I return from a game or channel, I always see the health warning screen. Is this normal for 4.0, or is there an issue here?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
timishu said:
Quick Question about 4.0U:

I recently updated my Wii to 4.0U from 3.2U, and I noticed a slight difference in how it loads. Every time I return from a game or channel, I always see the health warning screen. Is this normal for 4.0, or is there an issue here?
no problem. if you have preloader then just enable the skip health screen.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nilxchaos said:
Total Newb/N00b question here, that was probably answered within the 350+ pages of this topic, but sadly, I don't have the time to read them all.

The Stickied hacking topics will work on a LU64+ Wii, correct? Because my uncle is going to buy one for his family's Christmas and have me hack it. Thus it will be a new LU64+ model.

The answer will probably be yes, but I want to make sure. No flames please, I have hacked my Wii extensively, but it is not a LU64+ Wii.

Thank you!
yea thats fine but you probably wont be able to play disc backups only USBloading as apparently there is a new wii disc drive that prevents this

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rudemir said:
rudemir said:
A friend of mine borrowed my Wii for a couple of months so I haven't really keep it up to date. I'm wondering what would be my best options.

Any help?
you should update at least up to 4.0 to have the sd card menu on the system menu. check here how to upgrade and find also what new. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home

sillas999

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello folks.

I don't know exactly if I needed to post my problem here or in a new topic, but maybe here is enough. Not long ago I had the 3.4U system (it's not a new system, bought it in the beggining of 2008) and wanted to play backups via backup loaders, although I have a modchip. So I tried to follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890
Everything went ok until the NUND backup, I already had HBC installed and updated. Then (I don't quite know if I had to do this) I updated my system to 4.0 and then to 4.1 using waninkoko updater (I tried to install 4.1 first but got an error). So, following the guide, I tried to patch the IOS 36 with the Trucha bug restorer and apparently made it, I followed the video and it went ok (during the video, I realize his IOS 36 version is 1042, mine is 3351), except that my HBC went upside down, I fixed it using DOP-IOS MOD. However, when I tried to install the PreLoader, I got this error: "failed to get root, ios(36) has fakesign bug fixed". I didn't want PreLoader that much, so I left it this way. Then I tried to install the cIOS via wad and download, and I keep getting an error both ways. So I did a research and I'm almost sure I have to install the original IOS 36 (1042) to solve all my problems, so I found it and tried to install with Wad manager 1.5, but I also get an error in this one. Now I'm stuck, I can't install the cIOS and can't change my IOS 36 to a not fixed one. I tried the IOS Downgrader, but ir requires a cIOS, which I can't install.

Now I'm asking your help, because via research I got no more options. Thanks a LOT!

rudemir

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
razorback78 said:
rudemir said:
rudemir said:

Any help?
you should update at least up to 4.0 to have the sd card menu on the system menu. check here how to upgrade and find also what new. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home

Thanks
wink.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sillas999 said:
Hello folks.

I don't know exactly if I needed to post my problem here or in a new topic, but maybe here is enough. Not long ago I had the 3.4U system (it's not a new system, bought it in the beggining of 2008) and wanted to play backups via backup loaders, although I have a modchip. So I tried to follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890
Everything went ok until the NUND backup, I already had HBC installed and updated. Then (I don't quite know if I had to do this) I updated my system to 4.0 and then to 4.1 using waninkoko updater (I tried to install 4.1 first but got an error). So, following the guide, I tried to patch the IOS 36 with the Trucha bug restorer and apparently made it, I followed the video and it went ok (during the video, I realize his IOS 36 version is 1042, mine is 3351), except that my HBC went upside down, I fixed it using DOP-IOS MOD. However, when I tried to install the PreLoader, I got this error: "failed to get root, ios(36) has fakesign bug fixed". I didn't want PreLoader that much, so I left it this way. Then I tried to install the cIOS via wad and download, and I keep getting an error both ways. So I did a research and I'm almost sure I have to install the original IOS 36 (1042) to solve all my problems, so I found it and tried to install with Wad manager 1.5, but I also get an error in this one. Now I'm stuck, I can't install the cIOS and can't change my IOS 36 to a not fixed one. I tried the IOS Downgrader, but ir requires a cIOS, which I can't install.

Now I'm asking your help, because via research I got no more options. Thanks a LOT!
why dop-ios could not install ios36 v1042?
try to reinstall HBC to the latest...check if it now uses ios61 so that you could patch your ios36 avoiding the upside down HBC.
...because you cannot install a cios, you have to do TBR again.

roromio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii 4.1u
neogamma 7
cIOS38rev14
why cant play these game
fire fighters
-go diego
-mario party 8
-dragon ball
-zack &wiki
-need for speed
-monsters vs aliens
-mario kart
other game work fine
any help plz!!!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not necessarily. it depends on your preferences. you could only have 1 partition on your hdd as wbfs solely for backup loading. but if you want to store say video files for mplayer ce or you want emulated nand for your wii then do two partitions, first partition for wbfs the second fat32...like in my case.

edit: btw, mplayerce supports either fat or ntfs so it is still up to you what you want to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...