nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AnakinOU said:
What am I missing? I can install a wad (using Mod Manager) to my Wii, and it runs fine. This isnt the problem. If I move it to the SD card using the Wii data management n try to run it from the SD card menu I get a "Failed to Load" error. I also can't move it back to the Wii system memory. Any quick recommendations?

Run dop-IOS v7, go to IOS60, have it install the most recent one and say yes to patching in the sig hash check. If you have preloader, this will cause your system menu to say it's corrupted so you have to launch the HBC from preloader and reinstall preloader.

594rk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to change my region with NUSD which titles do I need?

Obviously the system menu, but do I need to change the EULA and the Region Select channels as well?

Do the all/system channels work just as well as the region specific?

yxywii25

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE(jchillin;597942) said:
I'm new to this and I made the mistake of not doing much research prior to starting out. So I know it's my own fault why I'm having this problem.

I used the Twilight hack to install the homebrew channel and from there installed several different WAD's and programs but afterwards my Wii would no longer load properly. I was following a tutorial that I no longer have nor do I remember where I acquired it from. I just recently used anytitle deleter in hopes of removing whatever faulty WAD's and such from the Wii but there were no changes in my Wii's behavior.

What happens to my Wii when I turn it on is it loads to Preloader v0.29. On the bottom of the screen it states:
IOS v50
Systemmenu v385

When I click systemmenu the screen goes black and says the system files are corrupt and it sometimes appears pixelated.

When I go to the homebrew channel and press the "home" button it states.
IOS36 v4.18

I have no clue what I should do next or what to download. So could someone please help me out here?

Btw I do not have a mod chip installed and if possible would like a way to fix my wii (if anything, at least get it back to factory settings) without needing one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem, is there a way around?

Taoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I go wasting another disc, how do I load the 2nd disc of MGS:Twin Snakes using Gamecube Backup Loader 0.2?
Do I just need Disc 2 on a separate disc and to put it in when prompted? Or is there a way to load it from a multiIso disc?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Well i used firmwaredowngrader v1.1. Then downgraded to 3.2U. Then i poped in my Conduit cd and then updated through nintendo. So i got bricked. Then i used the official systemmenu guide and installed 4.1U from hbc.

Well I don't know what exactly would be causing your problem. What cIOS revision are you on? You could see if you have the same problems on all of the relatively recent stable ones like rev10, rev13a and rev14. If that isn't the case you could also try using dop-IOS v7 to make sure you have all of your IOS's up to date. Scroll through the list of IOS's and see if there is a more recent version than the one that you have and install it if there is (unless it's a stub IOS). I'm gonna assume the guide you followed was assassda's one (correct me if wrong), but if you did, then you can skip IOS36 since you should have already used the Trucha Bug Restorer on that one, also skip whatever IOS your HBC is running off of just in case, and skip IOS60 because you already should have used dop-IOS on it anyways. You can patch the sig hash check into any of these IOS's but it isn't really necessary. Just get the important ones up to date. If you do that and it still doesn't work properly on any of those cIOS revisions then I don't know what else to do...make another thread I suppose.

cme said:
Hi guys,

just got 2 questions.
I'm new in this world and this comunity is so big...
unsure.gif
I'm not sure if followed the correct steps.

I had system software 4.0, installed bootmii in boot2;
Instaled HBC;
Installed cIOS38rev13b with IOS38-64-v3610.wad and wad manager 1.4;
Installed USB Loader GX;
Finally able to play backup games.

Then:
Updated to 4.1.
Installed cIOS38rev14

Still able to play backup games.

Should I do anything else? There are a lot of threads tlaking about other IOS...
Don't know if I may have my system incomplete and may be easly damaged...
Please advise.

How should I install wad backup games?

Thanks.

You should be updated fine. Just make a NAND backup in bootmii from where you are now (even if you made one before, make an up to date one now) as NAND backups are akin to system restore point, it's good to have a backup after any major changes you make or before any potentially dangerous changes you will make. You can back up these nand.bin files to your pc for safekeeping. Only one can be on an sd card at one time though, a nand.bin left on the sd card will get overwritten if you make a new backup with it still on it.

After doing that, if you really want to make sure you're fully up to date, you can run dop-IOS v7 and check through all of your IOS's to see if there are more recent versions of any of your IOS's and install them if so unless they are stub IOS's or IOS's you have already patched before. (see above your quote in this post)

As for installing wad backup games...do you mean vc/wiiware games? or do you mean you want channels of your actual Wii games? For VC/Wiiware games, you should be able to just run wad manager 1.4 with IOS249 and have it install the wad's of said games. For the actual Wii game channels, I'm not exactly sure how to do it myself, but I believe there is this application you can use to create channel wad's for specific games and such that you would presumably install the same way through wad manager.

mariox2098 said:
So i have 3.3U LU65 wii. After some searching, i did the lu64 fix but i forgot about preloader so now i need to upgrade to 4.0 or 4.1. Can i just use waninkoko's updater or is there something special i should do cuz im lu64+?

Downgrading things is the only thing that is not safe to do on LU64+ type Wii's. What LU64 fix did you do? Did it involve cboot2? At the moment the general process of hacking any Wii including LU64+ type Wii's goes like this:

Update Wii with official update to 4.1.
Bannerbomb with hackmii installer to install the HBC (and optionally bootmii as an IOS)
Run the Trucha Bug Restorer through the HBC and use it to downgrade IOS15, then run it again using IOS15 to install an IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify patched to IOS36, then run it again off IOS36 and restore IOS15.
Then run the cIOS rev14 installer and have it use IOS36 and do a network installation
Run dop-IOS v7 to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check (optional for loading vc wad's from sd card menu)
Install preloader.

That's pretty much all you need to do concerning any IOS's/cIOS/firmware and such.

If the LU64 fix you mentioned involved installing some LU64fix.wad, I believe that is cIOS rev11 in wad form. You can update that to rev13a or rev14 if you want by running the installer for either one and selecting IOS249 to use.

Then if you want to use Waninkoko's updater to update, you can either run his 4.0 updater if you want to update to that, or run dop-IOS v7 and install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check and then run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. The 4.1 updater needs IOS60 installed beforehand otherwise it will give you an error. Also I believe preloader needs IOS36 to have the trucha bug/ES_Identify in it so if you haven't run the TBR yet, do that after updating as said above and then you should be able to install preloader fine.

QUOTE(yxywii25 @ Aug 6 2009, 01:50 AM) QUOTE(jchillin;597942)
I'm new to this and I made the mistake of not doing much research prior to starting out. So I know it's my own fault why I'm having this problem.

I used the Twilight hack to install the homebrew channel and from there installed several different WAD's and programs but afterwards my Wii would no longer load properly. I was following a tutorial that I no longer have nor do I remember where I acquired it from. I just recently used anytitle deleter in hopes of removing whatever faulty WAD's and such from the Wii but there were no changes in my Wii's behavior.

What happens to my Wii when I turn it on is it loads to Preloader v0.29. On the bottom of the screen it states:
IOS v50
Systemmenu v385

When I click systemmenu the screen goes black and says the system files are corrupt and it sometimes appears pixelated.

When I go to the homebrew channel and press the "home" button it states.
IOS36 v4.18

I have no clue what I should do next or what to download. So could someone please help me out here?

Btw I do not have a mod chip installed and if possible would like a way to fix my wii (if anything, at least get it back to factory settings) without needing one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem, is there a way around?

It's hard to say what to do in this situation without knowing exactly what you did to brick it. There could be a number of possibilities such as installing the most recent IOS50 which is a stub IOS while being on 3.4, or it could be a banner brick from a bad wad, or you could have just installed a normal IOS50 that causes a corrupt system menu due to preloader and would require just reinstalling preloader to patch IOS50 properly again.

Without knowing exactly what caused the brick, you could end up trying to do something that would fix it if it was one type of brick, but if it actually wasn't that type of brick, trying that fix could just end up screwing you over even harder. Like if you thought it might just be a stub IOS50 installed or something, you could try installing a nonstub IOS50 and then a 3.4 system menu wad again or even IOS60 and a 4.0/4.1 system menu wad or something like that, but if it turns out that the brick was actually a banner brick, then you would still have a corrupted system menu AND you wouldn't have preloader anymore so you'd be fucked even harder.

Stvcherry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all.
Sorry this is another noob question...................slight pause for all the groans to die down......
OK, ive spent the last 2 days researching all the forums and readme's, bought myself a couple of 2GB SD's and i now think i am ready to hack my daughters Wii.
Have ran into my first problem at step 1 (another pause for cries of histerical laughter to die down) of assassda's Offline Downgrade/Upgrade(The ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1)
When i run the prepare.bat file my menu version 3.3E is not listed.
Can i continue using the 3.2E that is listed?
I'm sure there will be more questions to follow and i appologise in advance.
Thanx to you all
Steve

594rk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stvcherry said:
Hello all.
Sorry this is another noob question...................slight pause for all the groans to die down......
OK, ive spent the last 2 days researching all the forums and readme's, bought myself a couple of 2GB SD's and i now think i am ready to hack my daughters Wii.
Have ran into my first problem at step 1 (another pause for cries of histerical laughter to die down) of assassda's Offline Downgrade/Upgrade(The ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1)
Thanx to you all
Steve

You put in what version you want to end up with. If you want to stay on 3.3E you have to delete the 15th line in the batch file that says "if not "%ver%"=="288 if not..."
Then when your prompted for what version you want 354=3.3E

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does the ES_Identify patch do? Someone suggested to install the trucha bug and ES_Identify patch on IOS36 instead of IOS35 but I have no idea what the ES_Identify patch does.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I was not sure where this would be best asked so I thought I would ask here. My wii set up, before i explain, is an original wii (pal) 4.1, from launch, with preloader 0.29, bootmii enabled, cios rev14 cmios rev3 and cioscorp v3.2. My problem is that, whilst playing my retail disc of animal crossing (pal), after about 10 minuets of play the game crashes. I have tried returning the wii to a state with no hacks (bar HBC and preloader) and the game will run fine. I have read that it is to do with the cios, but ideally i need rev 14 for my backups. One other thing, it does not ask me to update either, I assume this is because of cioscorp 3.2 being based on the most up to date ios's. Does anyone have any advice as to this problem? maybe There is a way to edit the iso if I made a backup? or something I can edit in preloader? :S

Pikamander2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
Pikamander2 said:
When I open the WBFS Manager on my computer, it crashes immediately.

Help?
Have u tried running as administrator. There is also two versions one for 32bit and one for 64 bit sytems
I've tried both versions, and I've tried running them as an administrator.

Stvcherry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.
Is it safe to use the 4.1E system version from prepare.bat when my unmodded Wii is at 3.3E
Bear in mind i have no WiFi to update.
thanx

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about the trucha signer. I tried opening Wii sports resort as well as Pop'n music, both scrubbed iso's, and when i try to open them, the program crashes on me and closes. Any other way i can remove the main.dol to remove 001 and 002 errors?

Stvcherry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
594rk said:
Stvcherry said:
Hello all.
Thanx to you all
Steve

You put in what version you want to end up with. If you want to stay on 3.3E you have to delete the 15th line in the batch file that says "if not "%ver%"=="288 if not..."
Then when your prompted for what version you want 354=3.3E
Where do i find the 15th line in the batch file? :-(

yxywii25

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nabster92 said:
It's hard to say what to do in this situation without knowing exactly what you did to brick it. There could be a number of possibilities such as installing the most recent IOS50 which is a stub IOS while being on 3.4, or it could be a banner brick from a bad wad, or you could have just installed a normal IOS50 that causes a corrupt system menu due to preloader and would require just reinstalling preloader to patch IOS50 properly again.

Without knowing exactly what caused the brick, you could end up trying to do something that would fix it if it was one type of brick, but if it actually wasn't that type of brick, trying that fix could just end up screwing you over even harder. Like if you thought it might just be a stub IOS50 installed or something, you could try installing a nonstub IOS50 and then a 3.4 system menu wad again or even IOS60 and a 4.0/4.1 system menu wad or something like that, but if it turns out that the brick was actually a banner brick, then you would still have a corrupted system menu AND you wouldn't have preloader anymore so you'd be fucked even harder.

So this is what I did:

1- I followed this Tutorial step by step, only replacing the current files for newer versions:
A- cIOS38 rev13a - cIOS38 rev14
B- WAD Manager 1.4 - WAD Manager 1.5
C- NeoGamma R6 - NeoGamma R7

I also tried finging a WAD for NEOGAMMA R7, and found NEOGAMMA R7 - OGAM.wad

Everything went fine up until I tried using the OGAM WAD above, which didn't install, and then when the system reboot I had the "wii system files are corrupted" message, in broken letters.

So I loaded the HBC and WAD Manager to uninstall the WAD, but still I got the same message...

I could and still can load games through HBC and NGL but I lost access to the system menu and all its features now.

So I tried to find a way to go back to default settings, uninstalling everything or maybe just downgrading the system, but I don't have a network connection...

All screwed?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yxywii25 said:
nabster92 said:

So this is what I did:

1- I followed this Tutorial step by step, only replacing the current files for newer versions:
A- cIOS38 rev13a - cIOS38 rev14
B- WAD Manager 1.4 - WAD Manager 1.5
C- NeoGamma R6 - NeoGamma R7

I also tried finging a WAD for NEOGAMMA R7, and found NEOGAMMA R7 - OGAM.wad

Everything went fine up until I tried using the OGAM WAD above, which didn't install, and then when the system reboot I had the "wii system files are corrupted" message, in broken letters.

So I loaded the HBC and WAD Manager to uninstall the WAD, but still I got the same message...

I could and still can load games through HBC and NGL but I lost access to the system menu and all its features now.

So I tried to find a way to go back to default settings, uninstalling everything or maybe just downgrading the system, but I don't have a network connection...

All screwed?

So you have only preloader and could not install bootmii to boot2 correct? Try going into preloader and change the IOS the system menu loads off of to like IOS249 or something and see if it's still corrupt. If so the wad is still probably somehow there. Try going into wad manager again and making sure it is uninstalling that same wad you installed properly. Also let me know if there are any other wad's you've installed that could also possibly be causing the banner brick.

And NEVER install random wad's found in random places on the internet. Make sure you read anything related to any wad you get and be sure that many people confirm that the wad is legit. And there are NO people saying that it is not. The wad you installed was most likely a malicious wad made with the intent of bricking your Wii. NeoGamma R7 is still in beta as far as I know so you shouldn't really be seeing official channels made of it yet anyways.

lemonadess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I replace the health warning screen with a Video?

I saw a video on youtube. That guy replaces his health warning screen by a short clip in Dark Knight. That's pretty cool. He used Preloader to load it.
The problem is I cannot find the config file anywhere. Or how to make it?

yxywii25

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nabster92 said:
So you have only preloader and could not install bootmii to boot2 correct? Try going into preloader and change the IOS the system menu loads off of to like IOS249 or something and see if it's still corrupt. If so the wad is still probably somehow there. Try going into wad manager again and making sure it is uninstalling that same wad you installed properly. Also let me know if there are any other wad's you've installed that could also possibly be causing the banner brick.

And NEVER install random wad's found in random places on the internet. Make sure you read anything related to any wad you get and be sure that many people confirm that the wad is legit. And there are NO people saying that it is not. The wad you installed was most likely a malicious wad made with the intent of bricking your Wii. NeoGamma R7 is still in beta as far as I know so you shouldn't really be seeing official channels made of it yet anyways.

Changing the system menu to load off of IOS249 worked!

Which means my IOS50 is corrupt and I should fix it, or better to just leave it for now?

WAD Manager did work to uninstal that WAD (I checked again) but it was too late for IOS50.

Thanks nabster92 for the help, and yeah, triple checking any WADs from now on, as well as any other HB stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol