tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lemonadess said:
How can I replace the health warning screen with a Video?

I saw a video on youtube. That guy replaces his health warning screen by a short clip in Dark Knight. That's pretty cool. He used Preloader to load it.
The problem is I cannot find the config file anywhere. Or how to make it?
Search for CrazyIntro (from Wiicrazy)

edit: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Crazy_Intro

hrant1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys i have spent the last hour or so searching for a solution but i have had no joy and i appologise if i have missed it but i'm ready for launching my wii out the window lol.

i am running my wii on 3.3e using cios38 rev 14 and usbloader gx rev 700 using maxtor diamondmax plus 9 120gb sata/ a50 hdd i have stuck in an old buffalo enclosure and i just cant get it to work, i was running on rev 13b and an earlier rev of usb loader gx (600 i think) and all was fine.

i have 2 hard drives with games on them and now the loader just shows the space the games are taking up, the free space on the drive but states no games.
if i try and install a game the wii crashes out showing me a code screen stating exception dsi occured, stack dump and code dump.

not having had many problems before i am unsure if installing rev13b would rectify the problem or not, to be honest i only tried rev 14 as i had read it solved the problem where you had to reset the wii to play a different game from your hd.

any help would be great

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hrant1982 said:
hi guys i have spent the last hour or so searching for a solution but i have had no joy and i appologise if i have missed it but i'm ready for launching my wii out the window lol.

i am running my wii on 3.3e using cios38 rev 14 and usbloader gx rev 700 using maxtor diamondmax plus 9 120gb sata/ a50 hdd i have stuck in an old buffalo enclosure and i just cant get it to work, i was running on rev 13b and an earlier rev of usb loader gx (600 i think) and all was fine.

i have 2 hard drives with games on them and now the loader just shows the space the games are taking up, the free space on the drive but states no games.
if i try and install a game the wii crashes out showing me a code screen stating exception dsi occured, stack dump and code dump.

not having had many problems before i am unsure if installing rev13b would rectify the problem or not, to be honest i only tried rev 14 as i had read it solved the problem where you had to reset the wii to play a different game from your hd.

any help would be great
first try some different revs (i mean gx ones)

hrant1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried rev 709 and its working, well sort of it wont recognise when i have changed the hdd over ( hdd changed whilst all power is off to both hdd and wii) but other than that it all seams to be working fine.
still cant get rock band 2 to work but not that bothered about looking to see if it can be done at the mo.
thanks for your help

Prof2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, been watching and moving through the homebrew scene carefully for about the last year or so. Things were going great, until this noob did something REALLY stupid. I had installed the patched WAD IOS60 because that was the only way to get the launcher program for the SD card to work. Then, however, it seemed my internet connection went away. SO, deciding I had it all in hand (please don't give me too much grief, I've kicked myself enough), I deleted that patched IOS.

BAD IDEA. The Wii got caught in a loop, staying on the HBC list page. Instead of doing what I should have done, which was to go back and install that WAD while I had a chance, I decided to....

do BAD IDEA #2: I turned the Wii off to do a hard reset. When I turned it back on, black screen, no sync with Wiimotes, but the power and blue lights upon inserting a disc. Other than that, it was bricked, or semi-bricked. It appears that even though I installed bootmii, I was using a SD card that is incompatible with bootmii; the program said it loaded proper but only wrote three of the files I needed to the SD card. Borrowed a friend's configuration but - TO THIS POINT - no luck.

Hoping this weekend to have time to try out the universal unbrick disc for the Wii....but I have a couple of questions:

1) When SD card is in the Wii to run bootmii, should a disc be in the disc drive as well?

2) When using the boot disc, and the SaveMii Free idea with the GC controller, do I press all four direction buttons at the same time the Wii is turned on, then let go, or should I continue to hold the buttons? We cannot seem to figure out the timing issue with the Save Mii Free fix.

Any angry responses I get will be tolerated, as sadly I admit that I did not take time to read through all 200 posts before putting this here. I just wanted to explain my situation and see if ANYBODY had any ideas before I take it to a repair shop.

Thanks!

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prof2 said:
OK, been watching and moving through the homebrew scene carefully for about the last year or so. Things were going great, until this noob did something REALLY stupid. I had installed the patched WAD IOS60 because that was the only way to get the launcher program for the SD card to work. Then, however, it seemed my internet connection went away. SO, deciding I had it all in hand (please don't give me too much grief, I've kicked myself enough), I deleted that patched IOS.

BAD IDEA. The Wii got caught in a loop, staying on the HBC list page. Instead of doing what I should have done, which was to go back and install that WAD while I had a chance, I decided to....

do BAD IDEA #2: I turned the Wii off to do a hard reset. When I turned it back on, black screen, no sync with Wiimotes, but the power and blue lights upon inserting a disc. Other than that, it was bricked, or semi-bricked. It appears that even though I installed bootmii, I was using a SD card that is incompatible with bootmii; the program said it loaded proper but only wrote three of the files I needed to the SD card. Borrowed a friend's configuration but - TO THIS POINT - no luck.

Hoping this weekend to have time to try out the universal unbrick disc for the Wii....but I have a couple of questions:

1) When SD card is in the Wii to run bootmii, should a disc be in the disc drive as well?

2) When using the boot disc, and the SaveMii Free idea with the GC controller, do I press all four direction buttons at the same time the Wii is turned on, then let go, or should I continue to hold the buttons? We cannot seem to figure out the timing issue with the Save Mii Free fix.

Any angry responses I get will be tolerated, as sadly I admit that I did not take time to read through all 200 posts before putting this here. I just wanted to explain my situation and see if ANYBODY had any ideas before I take it to a repair shop.

Thanks!

1 no you dont need a disk in the drive

2 not sure never used it.

You need to get a compatible sd card for bootmii get into wad manager and reinstall your ios 60 wad. youll need an gc controller for this

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prof2 said:

Thanks!

There ARE only three files for bootmii. An armboot.bin, ppcboot.elf, and a bootmii.ini which has your configuration files like having it set to autoboot something and stuff like that. Bootmii will only load up on start if you installed it to boot2, not just as an IOS. If when you turn on your Wii, the drive flashes quickly a couple times, then you should have it installed to boot2 properly. If it doesn't you're pretty much fucked. If you have the bootmii folder on the root of the sd card with those 3 files in it and the bootmii.ini is not configured to autoboot the system menu directly or something, and the bootmii menu still doesn't come up. Then reformat your sd card using the sd formatter tool that I believe can be found in the downloads section here (backup the stuff on it first). Then put just the bootmii folder back on the card and try to start it up again. If it still does not work, get an sd card that IS compatible with bootmii and put the files on it and boot it with that and you should be able to get to the HBC from there. (unless your HBC was running off IOS60...then you may be screwed if you never made a NAND backup with bootmii.

Prof2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what you've told me, concerning bootmii, I'm screwed. It never wrote the .ini file; I've borrowed someone else's, but no luck there either.

I did not read far enough ahead to back up the NAND before all this mess happened, so once again, I'm betting I'm screwed. Does that also rule out possibilites for unbricking it with the universal unbrick disc for the Wii (knowing my luck lately, I'm betting it means I can't use an unbrick disc to success either).

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prof2 said:
Based on what you've told me, concerning bootmii, I'm screwed. It never wrote the .ini file; I've borrowed someone else's, but no luck there either.

I did not read far enough ahead to back up the NAND before all this mess happened, so once again, I'm betting I'm screwed. Does that also rule out possibilites for unbricking it with the universal unbrick disc for the Wii (knowing my luck lately, I'm betting it means I can't use an unbrick disc to success either).

You're not screwed if you don't have all of the files on your sd card. They aren't really specific to a Wii and the bootmii.ini file is something you can even write up yourself in textpad or something. All it is is a text file with:

VIDEO=NTSC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
#BOOTDELAY=5
----empty line here------

and then save it to a file named bootmii.ini.

The files are the same for everyone and aren't what's important. What's important is that when your Wii turns on without an sd card in it, does it flash once and then a couple more times really quickly a second afterwards. If it does do that then you should have bootmii properly installed to boot2 and just need to get those 3 bootmii files from anywhere. If you only need the bootmii.ini file you could even write it yourself as above. Just make sure the video mode is the right mode for your TV/region. The options you can replace that with are NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE. Put whatever one you need for your TV after VIDEO=

Prof2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only flashed once, and never again after turn on. I don't know if that's because the SD card I started with was incompatible with the program, or something else happened. All I can add is be careful what you do, because it told me it had installed bootmii just fine when I was loading everything up. Even had a bootmii selection on the HBC list you got from hitting home on the wiimote.

If it's in there as an IOS (is that the other option, I forget), how would I get it out / open? And is an unbrick disc going to be of any help?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prof2 said:
It only flashed once, and never again after turn on. I don't know if that's because the SD card I started with was incompatible with the program, or something else happened. All I can add is be careful what you do, because it told me it had installed bootmii just fine when I was loading everything up. Even had a bootmii selection on the HBC list you got from hitting home on the wiimote.

If it's in there as an IOS (is that the other option, I forget), how would I get it out / open? And is an unbrick disc going to be of any help?

It showing up in the HBC is the IOS version and will do absolutely nothing for you. If you only installed it that way you are screwed. Only a boot2 install can help you. I asked if it flashes a couple of times if you turn it on now WITHOUT the sd card in at all. If it doesn't, then you didn't do a boot2 install and should send it to Nintendo.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again,
happy.gif
Thanks for answering my questions last time! More questions now just need some clarification ^^

Right since im currently on 3.2E HBC with gamma installed What do i need to install to use 4.1?

I assume first i'd update my 1.2 wad manager with 1.5 http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoztv2ti1md/...iNinja.Mod3.rar
Uninstall the old etc,
Use the CIOSrev14 http://www.mediafire.com/?nh3mdmwdtd4 to install Rev7?http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6572
Is this Rev7 or Neo or more to do with the cios?

Assuming i had the earlier bit correct, Does Rev7 Correct the other sticky thread regarding problems with 4.1?
Do i then after all that update to 4.1 via another program? I assume the latest 4.1 update will need to be done with the wad manger?

Also is there anything else i need?

(Reason im linking is so i can come back to my post
smile.gif
)

Thanks in advance!

darghoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm working on getting my Wii to load backups, but I keep getting an error when I try to install CIOSCorp v3.2. I'm wondering if someone could help me figure out what step I'm missing.

Here's what I have done so far...

I've had HBC installed since 3.2. Last week, I installed bootmii as boot2, and made a backup of my NAND flash while I was still at 3.2. I then updated my Wii to version 4.1u so I could play Wii Sports Resort over the weekend.

I installed cios rev14, and now, I'm attempting to install CIOSCorp 3.2, but it is giving me an error message "Please install cios rev7 before installing". Isn't rev14 a more recent version of rev7? Do I need to install the trucha restorer, or something? Should I revert to my NAND backup?

Thanks in advance for any help...I spent most of last night searching but couldn't find anything that was exactly similar to my case.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fuuuuuu said:
Hello again,
happy.gif
Thanks for answering my questions last time! More questions now just need some clarification ^^

Right since im currently on 3.2E HBC with gamma installed What do i need to install to use 4.1?

I assume first i'd update my 1.2 wad manager with 1.5 http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoztv2ti1md/...iNinja.Mod3.rar
Uninstall the old etc,
Use the CIOSrev14 http://www.mediafire.com/?nh3mdmwdtd4 to install Rev7?http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6572
Is this Rev7 or Neo or more to do with the cios?

Assuming i had the earlier bit correct, Does Rev7 Correct the other sticky thread regarding problems with 4.1?
Do i then after all that update to 4.1 via another program? I assume the latest 4.1 update will need to be done with the wad manger?

Also is there anything else i need?

(Reason I'm linking is so i can come back to my post
smile.gif
)

Thanks in advance!
You can update the WM if you want
Maybe the Ultimate sym 4.0 guide will help you to go to 4.1
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

QUOTE(darghoul @ Aug 8 2009, 05:43 PM) Hey I'm working on getting my Wii to load backups, but I keep getting an error when I try to install CIOSCorp v.2. I'm wondering if someone could help me figure out what step I'm missing.

Here's what I have done so far...

I've had HBC installed since 3.2. Last week, I installed bootmii as boot2, and made a backup of my NAND flash while I was still at 3.2. I then updated my Wii to version 4.1u so I could play Wii Sports Resort over the weekend.

I installed cios rev14, and now, I'm attempting to install CIOSCorp 3.2, but it is giving me an error message "Please install cios rev7 before installing". Isn't rev14 a more recent version of rev7? Do I need to install the trucha restorer, or something? Should I revert to my NAND backup?

Thanks in advance for any help...I spent most of last night searching but couldn't find anything that was exactly similar to my case.
Well, installing rev7 never hurts I guess...

Kawa_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I have 4.0E and installed the HBC. Now i wanted to install cIOS rev14 with network installation and got at the very end ERROR =-2011. Waninkokos blog said that the cIOS will install as the IOS 249 but i cannot choose this one, just 36, 38, 61, 254 and many others... So do i have to install the IOS 249 first!?
unsure.gif

HELP!
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kawa_ said:
So, I have 4.0E and installed the HBC. Now i wanted to install cIOS rev14 with network installation and got at the very end ERROR =-2011. Waninkokos blog said that the cIOS will install as the IOS 249 but i cannot choose this one, just 36, 38, 61, 254 and many others... So do i have to install the IOS 249 first!?
unsure.gif

HELP!
smile.gif
First time installing a cIOS?
Follow Step 1 under [1a]Installation @ http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfwvk5sg_0g...n_9835618795465
(ignore the install HBC part)

darghoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:

Is there anything I need to do before installing rev7?

Thanks

edit: tried installing rev7 (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) through the cIOS rev7 installer and got an error: "Installing ticket...ERROR (ret = -2011)"

Like I said I'm on 4.1u. Should I revert to my NAND backup?

Kawa_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you.

Just to be sure... will this work, too, even if i tried to install the cIOS rev 14 (with the official waninkoko installer) and allready chose 36, 38, 61 and 254 at the beginning of the installer and all didnt work, beacause thats what i did?

neokingster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not trying to sound stupid but is there any way to run gc backups on a wii with menu 4.1 and hbc installed.hopefully this would be possible without having to downgrade.
unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
darghoul said:
tj_cool said:

Is there anything I need to do before installing rev7?

Thanks

edit: tried installing rev7 (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) through the cIOS rev7 installer and got an error: "Installing ticket...ERROR (ret = -2011)"

Like I said I'm on 4.1u. Should I revert to my NAND backup?

Strange... You got IOS249 installed, no?
Maybe you should try the guide below

Kawa_ said:
Thank you.

Just to be sure... will this work, too, even if i tried to install the cIOS rev 14 (with the official waninkoko installer) and already chose 36, 38, 61 and 254 at the beginning of the installer and all didn't work, because thats what i did?
yes it will work

QUOTE(neokingster @ Aug 8 2009, 08:12 PM)
not trying to sound stupid but is there any way to run gc backups on a wii with menu 4.1 and hbc installed.hopefully this would be possible without having to downgrade.
unsure.gif
You too can use the guide below to install your cIOS
But you need to do an addition step: Install a patched MIOS.

For all 3: Use one method of below
[title:(1a)Installation]Online method (Using wifi on the wii)

Get the Trucha bug restorer by wiipower and run it with the HBC. You will see a lot of white text on a black screen. This is how many installers/patchers look like. It has no nice banner and stuff to keep the filesize low.

1) Select IOS36 and press A. Even more text appears, read it if you want. Wait for the text at the bottom to appear and press 1.

2) Choose Downgrade IOS15. Then download from NUS (2 times). Follow instructions on the screen.

3) Now we can use the downgraded IOS15 to restore the Trucha in IOS36. Run TBR again. This time choose IOS15 and again press A then 1 when the text appears.

4) Go into the IOS36 menu. Use these configurations: 36 (this is in what IOS-slot the patched IOS36 will be placed.) YES YES NO (actually you can choose what you want for the last 2 options), then select Install patched IOS36 and press A. Choose Download from NUS once again and follow on screen instructions.

5) Now we have the patched IOS36, we can restore our IOS15 again. Load the TBR one last time. Choose IOS36,... .This time choose restore IOS15. Get the IOS from NUS and let the app finish everything.

We are ready to install our cIOS. I will explain here how to get cIOS38r14 by waninkoko. You can also install another rev of this cIOS (don't go lower than r9) or a rev of IOS222/223 by hermes. All IOS have different uses and bugs. Its up to you to find out what these are.

Get the installer here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6531 . Follow all the instructions at the link, but choose IOS36 instead of IOS249 (this is why we have patched IOS36). When you are asked to use wad install or online install, choose online install. You will then have the cIOS needed by the USB loader.

Offline method (no wifi on the wii)

Wad files of IOS are not legal, so we can not give them to you. Here is how to get them anyway:

Get the NUS downloader and Trucha bug restorer. Use the NUS downloader to download 000000010000000F v257 (enter it like shown on the picture at wiibrew, don’t forget to click Pack -> WAD with the name IOS15-64-v257.wad). Do the same with 000000010000000F v266 (and name IOS15-64-v266.wad) and 0000000100000024 v3094 (named IOS36-64-v3094.wad). Place the 3 wads at the root of the SD card.

Now follow steps 1 – 5 from the Online guide, but instead of choosing “Download IOS from NUS”, choose “Load IOS from SD card”.

We are ready to install our cIOS. I will explain here how to get cIOS38r14 by waninkoko. You can also install another rev of this cIOS (don't go lower than r9) or a rev of IOS222/223 by hermes. All IOS have different uses and bugs. Its up to you to find out what these are.

First we need one more file from the NUS: 0000000100000026 v3610 (named IOS38-64-v3610.wad). Place it at the root of the SD card. Download the cIOS installer: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6531 . Follow the instructions at the link, but choose IOS36 instead of IOS249 (this is why we needed to patch IOS36). You have to choose wad installation. You will then have the cIOS needed by the USB loader.
You can find the needed links in the original readmii in my sig btw

If there are problems with the guide, please tell me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)