Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

philipcooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a Wii with the Wiikey 2 modchip installed on it. I have been off the Wii hacking seen for about 12 months. All my old backups will work but the new ones I have downloaded and burnt will not. I updated my Wii to version 4 through my wireless connection. Can anyone point me in the right direction as all I am reading is how to get you Wii to play backups when you do not have a modchip.

I have read about patching I have been off the scene that long you never use to have to do this. Will this be the answer to all my problems ?

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play punchout. I have Wiigator's Gamma 0.3 Launcher installed and I think I have 3.2U. What do I need to do? I would rather just patch the game if that's the easiest thing to do.

Thanks.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, while I was installing the Wii IOS61 and Shop Installer, I left for a bit when it was installing the Shop Channel last, then when I came back it took me back to the Homebrew Channel. Did I have to press any key to continue or did it install successfully? If not, how do I install the latest Shop Channel seperately?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bascar said:
ether2802 said:
First install the latest cIOS36_r10 (or cIOS249_r10, is the same) then update your Wii to 4.0 and enjoy your games, the games don't actually need the FW 4.0, just some of the IOSes on that FW, but you could also install only the IOSes you lack of, and that would solve your problem, or just use the Gamma Launcher and that can be your easiest solution...!!
smile.gif

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

If I understood you correctly, I should install the latest cIOS36_rxx and on top of that the official 4.0 update?
Can custom IOS-es be easily uninstalled afterwards? And about that Gamma Launcher, I thought that it's only used as a s/w modchip replacement, do I really need it if I already have a h/w modchip installed (the aforementioned wiikey 1)?

Yes except for the part of "OFFICIAL" update, cause I believe it will kill your apps that run from the cIOS (such as downgraders), better to use the Waninkoko's updater or some app like that to "safely" (hacking-wise) have the SysMenu4.0 patched, you need to search for a guide on how to do it, cause I really don't know and I'm not planing on going to 4.0 any sooner, I use SoftMii since the very day it was born, and I can play all my games without any issue or 002 error or any problem at all, the custom IOS can be deleted with "AnyTitleDeleter" (IOS249), Gamma Launcher is more useful than you think, some users have it aside with their ModChip, wich game are you having problems with..??
huh.gif

QUOTE said:
I have a Wii with the Wiikey 2 modchip installed on it. I have been off the Wii hacking seen for about 12 months. All my old backups will work but the new ones I have downloaded and burnt will not. I updated my Wii to version 4 through my wireless connection. Can anyone point me in the right direction as all I am reading is how to get you Wii to play backups when you do not have a modchip.

What's the exact error on screen you are having..?? cause telling us that your new backups don't work, isn't really saying a thing, supousedly if you're on 4.0 then all of your games should work, even your newest downloaded games, begin to install the HBC (Homebrew Channel) with bannerbomb and test if GeckOS can run your new games...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEwant to play punchout. I have Wiigator's Gamma 0.3 Launcher installed and I think I have 3.2U. What do I need to do? I would rather just patch the game if that's the easiest thing to do.

Thanks.

Get the Gamma 002fix from one of my topics, and read at the end of the topic to get a newer version of the 002fix launcher..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(Link5084 @ May 25 2009, 03:39 PM)
Okay, while I was installing the Wii IOS61 and Shop Installer, I left for a bit when it was installing the Shop Channel last, then when I came back it took me back to the Homebrew Channel. Did I have to press any key to continue or did it install successfully? If not, how do I install the latest Shop Channel seperately?

Can you access to the WiiShop Channel..??
huh.gif

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I can access the Shop Channel. So does that mean that even though I got pirated WADs, Nintendo can't do a thing while I'm in the Shop Channel?

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a korean wii but the region is changed i just bought mario kart wii but its just a backup...i cant burn games bcoz my IC is so sloooooow.....my question is if i run the BACKUP MKWii in gamma will it stop d updates??????

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm positive. You can test this by running a game in gamma that would normally require you to update otherwise.

If it asks you to update, simply refuse. It won't ask though. Promise.

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the option... update or not. It isn't automatic when you put disc in drive and try to run it. You can simply say no and remove the disc. or remove it if it ever asked.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got anyregion changer to downgrade my 4.0 wii to 3.2 few questions
1.Is this possible?
2.Where do I put all the files on the sd card?
3.Is this a good idea or is the risk too large for the reward?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Link5084 said:
Yes, I can access the Shop Channel. So does that mean that even though I got pirated WADs, Nintendo can't do a thing while I'm in the Shop Channel?

Ohhh they can, they just don't really care, and they don't want to screw a Wii cause that make them loose a customer..!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
wheres the thread to turn you wii back to normal..?? only system menu 4.0 no cioscorp or anything

Well just downgrade to 3.4 (or W/E) uninstall any cIOS (IOS249 - IOS250 -IOS222) and then update thru the Wii's settings, and voilà, you'll be on the right path to legal things

I have a korean wii but the region is changed i just bought mario kart wii but its just a backup...i cant burn games bcoz my IC is so sloooooow.....my question is if i run the BACKUP MKWii in gamma will it stop d updates??????

The region has been changed to what..??
You can burn backups, what you can't do is download them, and even so yes you can, it is just going to be slow to get them
Gamma or GeckOS doesn't read the "UPDATE" partition of the discs, that is why you can't upgrade using Gamma or GeckOS, to use Gamma you need to install the cIOS, wich is not a problem hence you have a FW 3.2, and to find GeckOS go to wiibrew.org and search there (althought you can find a thread around here too) or get the app called homebrew Browser and have it downloaded to your SD card directly thru the Wii, and you really need to read a little bit about all this stuff, cause if you use the apps being too worried, you might end up with a nice paper weight next your TV, you know..??
wink2.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Smashbro29 said:
I just got anyregion changer to downgrade my 4.0 wii to 3.2 few questions
1.Is this possible?
2.Where do I put all the files on the sd card?
3.Is this a good idea or is the risk too large for the reward?

1.If you have the tools and the knowledge on HOW TO, you probably can in a blink of eyes
2.Search for a tutorial on how to downgrade from 4.0, cause if you don't even know where to put the files, you probably don't even have the HBC (homebrew Channel) installed and you might end up (in a blink of eyes) with a beautiful piece of furniture next your TV
3.Again, if you have the right tools and the knowledge enough, you'll be able to acomplish this in a matter of minutes

I'm not flamming at all, I just don't like the post where the people say they turned ON their Wii and the only thing displayed on the TV is a black screen...!!
smile.gif

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated my wii w/ mario kart wii....

it worked!!

i also trid HOTD Overkill it worked

But i got 2 news and weather channel how can i remove it???

and

What can duplicate channls do to your wii??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Smashbro29 said:
I have the HBC. and I was kinda hoping you'd umm LEND me said knowledge.

Mmmm... I could do it, but I haven't downgrade from 4.0, so I can't say wich problems you'll find, nor wich exact files you need, I can assume that you need:

1.Firmaware Downgrader - to downgrade
2.DVDx Installer - to change IOS35 to a fake-signing bug state
3.cIOS249_r10.wad - to make the downgrader works
4.Wad Manager IOS selectable - to install the cIOS249_r10.wad
5.IOS Downgrader - to return all of your IOSes to a fake-signing state and complete the downgrade

but this is just a guess, that is why I told you to search for a tutorial around here, use the "SEARCH" button at the top of the page, and you'll get to a nice tutorial, where you can even ask and disolve your doubts before starting, I may update some day just so I can ask questions like yours easily, but maybe some day...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEI have updated my wii w/ mario kart wii....
it worked!!
i also trid HOTD Overkill it worked
But i got 2 news and weather channel how can i remove it???
and
What can duplicate channls do to your wii??

Of course it worked, you installed what the game needed to work, you need to run Waninkoko's "Duplicate Channel Remover" to get rid of them, and hence now you installed an update from another region, you have a semi-brick and now you can't access to your Wii's settings, now you just need a game with the 3.4 update, but it has to be the same region as your Wii, so you can unbrick it, otherwise you'll full brick it, do you happen to know wich region is your Wii..??

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ummm wii setting....I can access wii settings......when i opened wii settings its on 3.2u.....my old firmware is also 3.2u but when i update its also on 3.2u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__