tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
darkrai1009 said:
r u sure it will work??anybody tried it???
yes, updating from another region will brick, but the gamma loader skips the updates (if its not a backup, you can also use GeckOs)
to run through the disc channel without updates, you need preloader/starfall

QUOTE(Sephiran @ May 25 2009, 05:17 PM) can I change sys menu music?
no but you can disable it with a preloader/starfall hack

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thought I would ask in here 1st to save starting another thread and I am out of the loop currently with WiiSpeak
wacko.gif

Just bought EA Sports Active for the fiancee and obviously it wants to install a wad (IOS53-64-v4113.wad), my Wii is on 3.2E with BootMii on boot2 and also Starfall set to block updates, so I just get a black screen when launching it from Wii menu.

If I launch it from GeckoOS however it tells me it wants to install the wad, is this safe to do please folks?

bascar

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have a two year old wii and I've stopped with wii hacking about a year ago. My wii has an unmodified 3.2E os and Wiikey 1 with 1.9g firmware (i downgraded from 1.9s because GC audiofix doesn't work with 1.9s). I used the twilight hack to install HBC, which enabled me to install wads with waninoko's wadmanager. I tried to keep nand as clean as possible, i.e. no custom IOS-es or anything.

Now I have a problem because latest games require SysMenu 4.0 and I have to upgrade. What would be the cleanest way to achieve this, given the fact that I'm interested only in SysMenu 4.0, working HBC channel and a wadmanager which would allow me to continue to install wads?

Thanks,
Boris.

tone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
D-an-W said:
Thought I would ask in here 1st to save starting another thread and I am out of the loop currently with WiiSpeak
wacko.gif

Just bought EA Sports Active for the fiancee and obviously it wants to install a wad (IOS53-64-v4113.wad), my Wii is on 3.2E with BootMii on boot2 and also Starfall set to block updates, so I just get a black screen when launching it from Wii menu.

If I launch it from GeckoOS however it tells me it wants to install the wad, is this safe to do please folks?

I'm also in a similar situation. I was thinking of just installing the wad itself via wad manager.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tone said:
Hello.
I installed a modchip some time ago, although now I mainly use original disks.
If I were to softmod the wii, could I return it back to factory standards in the future? I would be looking to use the usb loader to run my games so I don't have to keep swapping disks over.
Thanks

Well...for USB Loader you only need to install in the Wii the cIOS249_r10 so you'll only need the AnyTitle Deleter to delete the IOS249 (and IOS250 if you use the cIOS installer) and the HBC, and that will let your Wii on factory non-hacked state..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Do I need IOS61 installed on System Menu 4.0 to safely use the wii shop channel?

You don't need the IOS61 to "safely" use the WiiShop Channel, you need it IF you want to use the WiiShop Channel, no IOS61 = no WiiShop at all..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
just bought a backup Mario kart wii here at philippines(I DONT BURN GAMES).....I have a 3.2u wii...its an korean version.....
i have a modchip installed called d2epro...i also got gamma backup launcher.....and HBC.....if i update my wii w/ mario kart...will it brick......What will i do?

If the mario kart is a korean disc, then you'll be updating to a 3.1 FW, wich you can't hence you are at 3.2 now, so I really really really really really really recomend (given your lately questions) to install Preloader v0.29 (as I told you before, ask about preloader and korean Wii at wiibrew.org forums) and enable the "Skip Disc Updates" hack and forget about updating, cause you're so close to semi-brick your Wii, I just feel it, don't ask me why, or as anyone would do, get the Gamma Launcher as a channel, install it, and run all of your copies thru it, so no update reading is performed on your Wii...!!
smile.gif

can I change sys menu music?

Not yet, but be very attend (

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
D-an-W said:
wacko.gif

Just use WUFE to extract the IOSes on the disc, and then install the one it ask with Wad Manager and try to run it again, or if that GeckOS as the option to just install that requiered .wad file, then do it, it is completely safe, as long as it wont run the entire update partition of the disc, wich will probably let you on a 3.4 FW, and just to have a fallback, try to install the latest cIOS, so if an update gets installed, you have the key to downgrade your entire system, ok..?
wink.gif

QUOTEI have a two year old wii and I've stopped with wii hacking about a year ago. My wii has an unmodified 3.2E os and Wiikey 1 with 1.9g firmware (i downgraded from 1.9s because GC audiofix doesn't work with 1.9s). I used the twilight hack to install HBC, which enabled me to install wads with waninoko's wadmanager. I tried to keep nand as clean as possible, i.e. no custom IOS-es or anything.

Now I have a problem because latest games require SysMenu 4.0 and I have to upgrade. What would be the cleanest way to achieve this, given the fact that I'm interested only in SysMenu 4.0, working HBC channel and a wadmanager which would allow me to continue to install wads?

Thanks,
Boris.

First install the latest cIOS36_r10 (or cIOS249_r10, is the same) then update your Wii to 4.0 and enjoy your games, the games don't actually need the FW 4.0, just some of the IOSes on that FW, but you could also install only the IOSes you lack of, and that would solve your problem, or just use the Gamma Launcher and that can be your easiest solution...!!
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ether2802 said:
cIOS36_r10 (or cIOS249_r10, is the same)
not really true
cIOS249 would mean a custom version of IOS249
since that one doesn't officially exist, there can be no cIOS of it
(I know cIOS36 installs on the place of IOS249, but thats something else)
lets keep it simple and always use cIOS36
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well I understand your point of view and I also have one of my own wich is:

the IOS249 is not really a normal IOS but a custom one, that's why I've been calling it that way since the leaked ISO Loader (remember..??), and that's why on CIOScorp WiiBlaster named the .wad files as:

cIOS9
cIOS12
cIOS28
cIOS30
cIOS36
cIOS53
etc.

...the app is called cIOS36_r10-Installer tho
smile.gif

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks ether2802, am I right in saying the L/R buttons in WAD Manager show you the WAD's you currently have installed?

I did install cIOS 36 rev10 a while back to test USB loading, has there only been one revision of it (Can you check your IOS's I assume "there's an App for that too")?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
D-an-W said:
Thanks ether2802, am I right in saying the L/R buttons in WAD Manager show you the WAD's you currently have installed?

I did install cIOS 36 rev10 a while back to test USB loading, has there only been one revision of it (Can you check your IOS's I assume "there's an App for that too")?

I use the wad manager with the Wiimote, so I don't know what L/R buttons do, if you tested the USB Loader you can have the r8, r9 or the latest wich is the r10, and as in the iPhone, "There is an app for about everything" the one you're looking for is "Title Lister", is displays (not useful) and then pressing "A" writes a .txt file in your SD (this one would do), and then you'll know wich version of every IOS you have installed...!!
wink.gif

bascar

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
I have a two year old wii and I've stopped with wii hacking about a year ago. My wii has an unmodified 3.2E os and Wiikey 1 with 1.9g firmware (i downgraded from 1.9s because GC audiofix doesn't work with 1.9s). I used the twilight hack to install HBC, which enabled me to install wads with waninoko's wadmanager. I tried to keep nand as clean as possible, i.e. no custom IOS-es or anything.

Thanks,
Boris.

First install the latest cIOS36_r10 (or cIOS249_r10, is the same) then update your Wii to 4.0 and enjoy your games, the games don't actually need the FW 4.0, just some of the IOSes on that FW, but you could also install only the IOSes you lack of, and that would solve your problem, or just use the Gamma Launcher and that can be your easiest solution...!!
smile.gif

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

If I understood you correctly, I should install the latest cIOS36_rxx and on top of that the official 4.0 update?
Can custom IOS-es be easily uninstalled afterwards? And about that Gamma Launcher, I thought that it's only used as a s/w modchip replacement, do I really need it if I already have a h/w modchip installed (the aforementioned wiikey 1)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o