Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

philipcooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The game is crash of the titans. I upgraded my Wii to version 4. Will I still be able to get backups to work. I have the wiikey installed in my wii and it is playing my old games that I backed up but not the new ones I am downloading. Can anyone help.

Donmoonie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glukriek said:
Edit: Donmoonie, I think you need to install some IOS for it to work... Don't remember the exact number but you should find that easily)

How do i do this? I thought IOS and stuff was for softmodding?

stringerbell

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just followed a few different guides to how to get all this softmodding done, and the only thing i managed to install was the HBC. Everything else i tried wouldn't work, so i tried several guides and i continue to struggle. I formatted my wii to try and start afresh with a noobs guide to doiong it which set up the SD card and everything. However when i try to run it and install the WAD batch installer it needs to install cios249 (allegedly). When i accept this it then says error! (ret = -1035). I'm officially frustrated. I've lost HBC and i'm in a worse position than when i began! I'm on 4.0E.

Any advice on what i have to do? or even what -1035 means?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
stringerbell said:
I have just followed a few different guides to how to get all this softmodding done, and the only thing i managed to install was the HBC. Everything else i tried wouldn't work, so i tried several guides and i continue to struggle. I formatted my wii to try and start afresh with a noobs guide to doiong it which set up the SD card and everything. However when i try to run it and install the WAD batch installer it needs to install cios249 (allegedly). When i accept this it then says error! (ret = -1035). I'm officially frustrated. I've lost HBC and i'm in a worse position than when i began! I'm on 4.0E.

I just saw this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156702
maybe it helps

stringerbell

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
stringerbell said:

I just saw this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156702
maybe it helps
thanks i'll try that now

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glukriek said:
Hello Guys,

I have a few questions... Right now I am on a 3.2U Wiikey Wii with HBC and starfall installed.
I would to install BootMii and also some USB loader and while I am at it upgrade to 4.0.

From what I red, I have to:
1 - Install BootMii and backup my NAND
2 - Uninstall StarFall ( How? Is AnyTitleDeleter' going to work?)
3 - Update to 4.0 using one of the guide
4 - Install Preloader (just to be safe)
5 - Install cIOS rev 9 (seems that the 10 has some issues)
6 - Install one USB loader

I am missing something? Should I do it in another order?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: Donmoonie, I think you need to install some IOS for it to work... Don't remember the exact number but you should find that easily)
You can uninstall Starfall with the same thing you used to install it. The rest of those steps seem good. Just be very careful to follow the guides exactly as they are written.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I update to 4.0 through Waninko's updater, will I still be able to run backups from the disc channel?

If I can't, what version does Punch Out update me to (if it does at at all) if I'm on 3.2U?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to run homebrew apps from a USB drive? I ran out of space on my SD card
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some people here want to know if backups can be played on 4.0 through the disc channel.
Well the answer is YES they can be played. The only thing you need is cIOSCorp (run it after updating to 4.0, even if you had it installed already) or the cIOS that is needed by the game

Little side note: you can use preloader to block the updates on the discs

malapo said:
My cousin bought a bunch of games from Vietnam and it's obvious that the games were burnt because they weren't in the official box, they were in a package, and the cd cover is different. My cousin's wii is not modded in anyway.

is it possible to burn my own wii games so I can play them on his wii?
yes you can burn games and play them on his wii
you will need the ISO of the game and a program called IMGBurn. There should be tutorials for it here somewhere.

QUOTE(bowser @ May 24 2009, 10:53 AM) Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to run homebrew apps from a USB drive? I ran out of space on my SD card
smile.gif
HBC 1.0.2 has USB support, or use the homebrew launcher

coursemyhorse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick one, if I buy a brand new Wii today and it comes with the latest firmware, can somone confirm that I will or will not be able to run homebrew and backups? There is controversy in the threads I'm returning in searches, so please don't tell me to search.
smile.gif

EDIT: Im in the UK
Regards

OneOfTheSame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coursemyhorse said:
Just a quick one, if I buy a brand new Wii today and it comes with the latest firmware, can somone confirm that I will or will not be able to run homebrew and backups? There is controversy in the threads I'm returning in searches, so please don't tell me to search.
smile.gif

Regards

Not possible unless you look at the Wii ##

RaydenEG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, its been a while so I am a little uncertain of the details.

I have a Wii launch system modded with the Wiikey. The last time I upgraded the wiikey was when Mario Galaxy came out. I believe that firmware was 1.9g but I could be making that up completely. I also don't know what firmware is currently on the system. It's not 4.0 whatever. Probably whatever was on Mario Galaxy. 3.3U or something like that.

Anyway my question of the day because I have been out of the loop forever - How does one play wiiware games on a modchipped system? Do I still need to use that twilight hack ive read about or does the modchip enable me to do something else?

Thanks.

MB1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I'm used to modding 360s (I know, they're a joke) and I'm new to wii hacks. My new roommate has a wii with 3.1u firmware. I'm wondering if there is any reason for me to upgrade to 4.0 and use the bannerbomb hack. Will I have any trouble running backups of recent games if I'm running 3.1u? I only ask because I don't have a wireless connection to update to 4.0 and finding someone that does is going to be a bit of a pain in the nuts.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help.

Cheers

D

Deleted User

Hey guys. I'm pretty new at Wii hacking, but after a bit of reading I installed cIOScorp on my wii so I can run backup games from the disc channel. However, just in case there is a system update or in the future I would like to revirginize my Wii, how would I do that? I know that this installer patched my IOS files, but I just want to feel comfortable knowing that I can always undo what I've done. Thanks in advance.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RaydenEG said:
Hey all, its been a while so I am a little uncertain of the details.

I have a Wii launch system modded with the Wiikey. The last time I upgraded the wiikey was when Mario Galaxy came out. I believe that firmware was 1.9g but I could be making that up completely. I also don't know what firmware is currently on the system. It's not 4.0 whatever. Probably whatever was on Mario Galaxy. 3.3U or something like that.

Anyway my question of the day because I have been out of the loop forever - How does one play wiiware games on a modchipped system? Do I still need to use that twilight hack ive read about or does the modchip enable me to do something else?

Thanks.
You can use the twilight hack, but now you can also use bannerbomb.
install the Homebrew channel and use the wad manager to install the pirated wiiware games (note: some wiiware games require a certain IOS that has to be installed with the wad manager)

MB1984 said:
Hey guys,

I'm used to modding 360s (I know, they're a joke) and I'm new to wii hacks. My new roommate has a wii with 3.1u firmware. I'm wondering if there is any reason for me to upgrade to 4.0 and use the bannerbomb hack. Will I have any trouble running backups of recent games if I'm running 3.1u? I only ask because I don't have a wireless connection to update to 4.0 and finding someone that does is going to be a bit of a pain in the nuts.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help.

Cheers
You can softmod perfectly fine on 3.1. Even better would be doing a disc update to 3.4 or lower and downgrade to 3.2 (there are methods to do that offline)
some new games may need the installation of a new IOS

QUOTE(Epuls56 @ May 24 2009, 09:17 PM)
Hey guys. I'm pretty new at Wii hacking, but after a bit of reading I installed cIOScorp on my wii so I can run backup games from the disc channel. However, just in case there is a system update or in the future I would like to revirginize my Wii, how would I do that? I know that this installer patched my IOS files, but I just want to feel comfortable knowing that I can always undo what I've done. Thanks in advance.
cIOSCorp installes new cIOS + Updating installs new IOS + New IOS overwrite old ones = cIOS get replaced by IOS when updating, so no need to uninstall cIOSCorp

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help already

So I have a wiikey with homebew channel installed via the twilight hack

I am on system 3.4
I have the wad manager instaleld etc

So it looks like I need to update to 4.0

in order to play
Punchout
Sonic and the black knight
golds cardio gym
Donkey kong jungle beat

or are there IOS I can install?

If there are IOS which ones and can I do it via wad manager?
If not via the WAD manager what do I just stick then on the sd rool and load from the homebrew loader.

If I need to go to 4.0 can anyone point me to the update guide?
Do I need banner bomb if I am already running the homebrew channel etc?

Thanks

googjew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What directory of my drive do I place apps in to be used with the new HBC's USB homebrew loading function.

Also, is NTFS a supported format for HBC USB app loading?

coursemyhorse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OneOfTheSame said:
coursemyhorse said:
smile.gif

Regards

Not possible unless you look at the Wii ##

Sorry? Unless I look at the "Wii # # "
Are those deliberate hashes in the above line? Not sure what you mean. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1