Hacking error 1035 fix tutorial

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv had an issue after foolishly updating to systemmenu 4.0 . i could not install any cioses or other wads, wad installer constantly ret errors 1035, 1017 and other errors. iv tryed feverishly to find solutions, following tons downgrade tutorials, non seem to have had helped, until Wiigator released an awesome app (cBoot2) that works off of mini, the bootmii environment, wich is non reliant on nintendos ios system(s). this app allows you to patch an ios kernel for fake signing , then boots it, allowing you to mount the nand and install packages free of 4.0s ios restrictions and fixes for the fakesign bug.

Who this tutorials for:

non LU6x wii owners
people who upgraded to systemmenu 4 and find them selves unable to install Cioses and other types of wads (-ret 1035, 1017, 1022 errors etc) with no apparent solution in sight
people who are able to install bootmii to boot2, with the v16 update, cboot2 *MAY* or *MAY NOT* work with bootmii installed as an IOS, proceed w/ caution, the backup WONT help you if mess up with bootmii installed as a ios

This method *SHOULD* work for most people having the same/similar issues as me , there may also be a few things missing from the tutorial , feel free to help me fill in the gaps

requirements:

a non SDHC sd card = or < 2GBs (mine was SDHC, it worked fine, iv herd others having issues with SDHC cards and the cboot2installer)
a wii thats serial# is < LU6x
a wii that can install bootmii to boot2. you can try it as an ios, i would not recommend it due to the inability recover in the event of a brick.

before you begin, its recommended that you at least try the following tutorial to fix the 1035 error before you try mine:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

1. download the required package from http://sadnetworks.ath.cx:82/iosdowngradev3.rar Data management>Channels > SD Card, youll be prompted to run boot.dol, select yes

4. Hackmii installer will start, install the homebrew channel and install bootmii to BOOT2, NOT AS AN IOS, also install the bootmii files to the sdcard. exit the installer after

5. reboot your wii, bootmii should load, when it loads, open the gear looking icon, and MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR NAND!! dont even bother going any further without doing this, i cant stress it enough, once backup is finished power off the wii, copy nand.bin someplace safe and format your sdcard after

6. copy the contents of sdroot2 to the root of your sdcard. boot your wii

7. run cBoot2Installer via HBC, once its finished reboot your wii

8. turn on your wii, it will boot strait to a screen that will display odd asci txt, then it will boot to wadmanager 1.4

9. uninstall ciosv9.wad, IOS30-64-v1040.wad and IOS36-64-v1042.wad (YES, UNINSTALL these wads), DO NOT reboot the wii afterward

10. INSTALL ciosv9.wad, IOS30-64-v1040.wad and IOS36-64-v1042.wad, power off the wii and eject the sdcard

11. power on the wii with the sdcard ejected , once in systmemenu, inert the sdcard and run the HBC.

12. run cios60 installer, skip ios61, install and patch ios60 and skip the shop channel.

13. run the ios downgrader , downgrade all your other ioses

14. your finished, if you want, indulge your self by running the ciosv_10 installer, and watch it complete error free

Thanks can be direct to wiigator for creating cboot2. bushing, marcan, segher, svpe and tmbinc for the creation of bootmii and mini and comex for bannerbomber, as well as wankie for his cioses as well as the wad installers.. and all the other talented coders out there making the wii something worth owning.

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried it but I think that I did something bad. I followed the steps but in the step 5 where you backup your nand, I started the procedure but I had an error about a cluster. I thought it was a bad cluster but in the end, showed verification success with all the pixels in green.
So, I copied the nand.bin to my computer. After that, when I tried to do the step 8, nothing happened. It's in black screen all the time without doing nothing. If I eject the SD, then Wii boots normally. When the SD is inside, Wii does nothing, not even boot. Nor ascii text, nor boot, nor wad manager.
Do you know if something went wrong? Now my wii is somehow semi-damaged.

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
step 8 creates the /bootmii/armboot.bin. you may want to do a full format on your sdcard and try to run the 8th step again. if that does not work you may also need to try a different sdcard.. i was having issues with my initial card untill i switched to another one. Also, during the backup procedure its perfictly normal to get factory bad blocks and ecc errors, 95% of wiis come from the factory like that

also, re-do step 7 after the format, let me know what happend

and also make sure you have no gc memory cards, usb devices , gc controlers or anything other than the AV , sensor bar and the power hooked to the wii when you run step 7 and 8.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just one question, you say that after installing the cboot2 thing, you need to reboot your Wii to have the ascii text and then it'll boot Wad Manager 1.4, right..?? so:

How do you load that Wad Manager again..?? not that it is going to be needed again cause we are going to fix the problem, but I mean, if rebooting makes the cboot2 to load Wad Manager 1.4, then, everytime I reboot my Wii it'll load Wad Manager, or what..??
huh.gif

just asking, I really don't need this..!!
tongue.gif

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Just one question, you say that after installing the cboot2 thing, you need to reboot your Wii to have the ascii text and then it'll boot Wad Manager 1.4, right..?? so:

How do you load that Wad Manager again..?? not that it is going to be needed again cause we are going to fix the problem, but I mean, if rebooting makes the cboot2 to load Wad Manager 1.4, then, everytime I reboot my Wii it'll load Wad Manager, or what..??
huh.gif

just asking, I really don't need this..!!
tongue.gif

good question. the way bootmii installer works, it patches boot2 to look for 2 files on your sdcard, ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin, rather than booting strait to system menu ,and use these files to boot. ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin are the actual bootmii program. when you run the cboot2installer, it copys the boot2 files that reside in 00000001 folder, modify them and generates its own ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin, and places them in the bootmii dir on the root of the sdcard. after the wii reboots, boot2 loads, looks for ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin, and loads cboot2 and cboot2 copys /tmp/cboot2/ppcboot.elf, then it searches for an ios to patch w/ fake sign, paches it, the patched ios is then copyed also to /tmp/cboot2/armboot.bin, it loads /tmp/cboot2/ppcboot.elf to broadway and loads /tmp/cboot2/armboot.bin to starlet cpu, broad way loads boot.dol (wad manager) from the root of the sdcard under the patched IOS, affectivly allowing you to make changes to the nand. at the end of all this everything in /tmp *Should* be deleted automagically.

so a word of advice, you may want to backup your bootmii dir off the sdcard before you start phase 7. or you'll end up needing to runing the hack mii installer again to generate BOOTMIIs ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin.

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tested it at last. It couldn't boot due to GC memory cards and Wavebird controller input device as you advised. I redone steps 7 and all the others and finally completed the downgrading without any problems.
Thank you very much.
You are the best.
Excellent Work!!!

Barim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, uh, tried this and get stuck at step 8.

After reboot a black screen shows up, with the text:

cBoot DOL loader

IOS version 36 v7 0x00240007
IOS successfully loaded (in green text)
sdio_Startup() rv = 0
fat_driver: disk init failed
Failed to load boot.dol from front sd card reader.

Any idea on what to do, as it sits there indefinitely while the blue wii light keeps flashing?

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Barim said:

I think it has to do something with the SD card because it mentions FAT. Maybe Fat system like FAT, FAT32, etc. Can you test it with another SD?

Vvnv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not thank you enough for showing that Im not the only one having this problem! I did practically the same thing you did! kinda strange, eh?

Anyway, Im following your steps as I write this, Thanks for giving me at least a little hope
smile.gif

------
One more thing, When creating a backup of the NAND file, It is the Green Arrow icon inside the Gear icon correct? And how long does it take to make a backup, mine seems to go a little slow...

Vvnv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nkarafo said:
Barim said:

I think it has to do something with the SD card because it mentions FAT. Maybe Fat system like FAT, FAT32, etc. Can you test it with another SD?

Im getting the same error as that guy, I tried formatting the SD card in a different way, no dice...

I dont have another card to test with...But maybe because It is very old...

Barim, about how old is your SD card?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pacman366 said:
good question. the way bootmii installer works, it patches boot2 to look for 2 files on your sdcard, ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin, rather than booting strait to system menu ,and use these files to boot. ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin are the actual bootmii program. when you run the cboot2installer, it copys the boot2 files that reside in 00000001 folder, modify them and generates its own ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin, and places them in the bootmii dir on the root of the sdcard. after the wii reboots, boot2 loads, looks for ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin, and loads cboot2 and cboot2 copys /tmp/cboot2/ppcboot.elf, then it searches for an ios to patch w/ fake sign, paches it, the patched ios is then copyed also to /tmp/cboot2/armboot.bin, it loads /tmp/cboot2/ppcboot.elf to broadway and loads /tmp/cboot2/armboot.bin to starlet cpu, broad way loads boot.dol (wad manager) from the root of the sdcard under the patched IOS, affectivly allowing you to make changes to the nand. at the end of all this everything in /tmp *Should* be deleted automagically.

so a word of advice, you may want to backup your bootmii dir off the sdcard before you start phase 7. or you'll end up needing to runing the hack mii installer again to generate BOOTMIIs ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin.

Do you mean that it search and patches the IOS..?? OR it search for an IOS to patch, that has the fake-signing bug..??
huh.gif

awesome explanation BTW, you couldn't had explained better, really...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off...