Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
to what folder on the SD card are the games stored in that are put into the sd card channel? cause when i put the sd card in my wii, the wiiwares that show up are world of goo, LIT, and bomberman blast. when i insert it into the computer though, the wiiwares that appear in the [sd/mmc drive]=>G:\wad\ are bomberman blast, LIT, lostwinds, tetris party, toki tori, and world of goo. how come the wads that are shown in this folder do not appear in the sd card channel and what can i do to make it happen?
just had to do this, in case someone accidentally misses my question
wink.gif

soopahfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Couple of quick N00bie Q's...

I have a Pal Wii, with CIOS36 Rev 10, and the Backup loader channel. Will this play NTSC games or do I still have to use RegionFrii?

How does the backup channel like scrubbed games?

Geddes321

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I ran into a problem with the ultimate guide to upgrading to 4.0 and the homebrew channel has stopped working. Can't remember at what point it stopped working but now when I click start it reboots the wii menu before getting to the app list.

I thought no problem I'll reinstall HBC, but when I got to the reinstall I got a warning from HBC that said:

I'm running under IOS34 12.15
You have wii system menu version 386 (v24 EUR) installed
Homebrew channel has only been tested with wii system menu 354 (v22) and below

I've been running 3.4E for a while and on the wii menu it still says 3.4E, but I assume I'm halfway between versions.

Any tips for getting back to a point where I can get back to running HBC, and possibly downgrading to 3.2 so I can complete the upgrade? I've seen the front end of zelda enough times in the last couple of hours to last a lifetime.

QUOTE said:
About that warning, just install it. Your Wii got back to 3.4E, so just install it.

Then, follow one of the downgrading guides here.

I've installed the HBC but it still just reboots to the wii menu instead of going into the apps list. Is there a downgrading guide that doesn't rely on having HBC working?

Ta for the help so far
bow.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Zalda said:
how can i partition my 1tb hd? i've tried partition magic, didn't work
i have vista 64bit

I just partitioned on a 32bit system, because I haven't found any way/program to do it on a 64bit system.
I finally found a 64bit program, Paragon Hard Disk Manager or so, and it just started freaking out my PC and I almost broke my brandnew HD!
So just do it on a 32bit system, I used Norton Partition Magic 8.0 (full version via Warez sites, demo version can't do anything!) and it worked like a charm.
Sorry Zalda, no other way I think.

D

Deleted User

You could use a normal Disk Management to partition it. Right click on Computer/My Computer, click manage, go to disk management.

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologise if this has been asked before, but what are the chances that USB Loader will ever be able to work with GameCube games? My understanding is that the GameCube compatibility in the Wii is not totally isolated from the Wii itself (hence being able to use the Wiimote Home button to bring-up Wii menus when in GameCube mode).

D

Deleted User

really? I just did THREE partitions using Disk Management. But that's a 2.5 converted USB HDD so screw me.

Carty1970

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiimanizer said:
wiimanizer said:
to what folder on the SD card are the games stored in that are put into the sd card channel? cause when i put the sd card in my wii, the wiiwares that show up are world of goo, LIT, and bomberman blast. when i insert it into the computer though, the wiiwares that appear in the [sd/mmc drive]=>G:\wad\ are bomberman blast, LIT, lostwinds, tetris party, toki tori, and world of goo. how come the wads that are shown in this folder do not appear in the sd card channel and what can i do to make it happen?
wink.gif

Sticking a WAD in the WAD folder of the SD doesn't make it magically appear on the Wii as a channel. You have to use WAD Manager to install them first.

THFC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help appreciated.

All the wbfs managers (tried lots) fail to work properly on Vista 32 Ultimate

Under Xp everything works fine and the harddrive with games is W:

Works on the Wii too.

Then I plug the hard drive into my vista machine (The one i have games on and use most)

I Get errors with any wbfs manager i try.

3 days of reformatting using an xp machine and a Vista machine and no success on the vista machine with wbfs managers.

Windows Xp and Vista are updated fully, I run programs as administrator too.

After more days of playing around (getting tiresome now) finally -

SOLUTION - Remember this works straight off on Xp -Lacie 250gb USB H/D (Porsche design) but not Vista 32bit

Reformatted drive again on Vista machine - Kept saying unsuccessful in disk management. No h/d eroors found.

Formatted for umpteenth time via Vista cmd prompt run as administrator (used NTFS) - Takes ages

Reinstalled wbfs manager. Go to install directory and find .exe file and right click and set as run as administrator.

This option is only available from the install directory.

The desktopicon is only a shortcut

Loaded manger and selected format and everything Okay on Vista

Hope this helps others

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, please help a noob here:

My Wii is 3.1U. I have followed the instructions to perform Twillight hack and installed home brew channel. After that I installed CIOS and BackupChannel_0.3_ForceNTSC in the zip.
I also ran Safeupdate3.3. Every operation ended up as success or complete (never any error message).

Problem:

1. how do I know HBC works? When I tried to run the tetris and doom that came in the zip both apps returned "not valid Wii game" error. I ran the bomebrewbrower, and downloaded a tetris and that one works. So presumably the tetris and doom that came in the zip might be outdated or whatever. This is not a real issue except it might mean something with the HBC that is not totally working.

2. Do the backup loader and the backup channel play original games? I have tried to load all of my Wii game discs--mariokart, Zhelda, wii-play, etc, they all return errors and froze the console. Is this normal or it means something is wrong.

3. I burned one ISO to disc and the backup loader returned "not valid DVD disc" or something like that. The error code is messed up by words printing on top of each other.

So what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted User

ilnyc said:
Hi all, please help a noob here:

My Wii is 3.1U. I have followed the instructions to perform Twillight hack and installed home brew channel. After that I installed CIOS and BackupChannel_0.3_ForceNTSC in the zip.
I also ran Safeupdate3.3. Every operation ended up as success or complete (never any error message).

Problem:

1. how do I know HBC works? When I tried to run the tetris and doom that came in the zip both apps returned "not valid Wii game" error. I ran the bomebrewbrower, and downloaded a tetris and that one works. So presumably the tetris and doom that came in the zip might be outdated or whatever. This is not a real issue except it might mean something with the HBC that is not totally working.

2. Do the backup loader and the backup channel play original games? I have tried to load all of my Wii game discs--mariokart, Zhelda, wii-play, etc, they all return errors and froze the console. Is this normal or it means something is wrong.

3. I burned one ISO to disc and the backup loader returned "not valid DVD disc" or something like that. The error code is messed up by words printing on top of each other.

So what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hello. First of all, in order to reduce the bandwidth here, I suggest you always search first before asking. Because all three of your questions have been asked before and over and over again.

1. What's the version of your HBC? If it's 1.01, error "not a valid Wii application" is shown when the application is boot.elf and not boot.dol. So, get the newest version of the app from Wiibrew (Renaming the elf to dol won't work)

2.It can, I think. Not sure about the freeze though.

3.Did you just simply put the iso into the disc and burn it? If you did, then you're doing it the wrong way. There's a guide on how to burn isos, follow that.

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
ilnyc said:

Hello. First of all, in order to reduce the bandwidth here, I suggest you always search first before asking. Because all three of your questions have been asked before and over and over again.Appreciate the response, but I did search for "3.1U" and "original game", didn't find the answers in this thread.

afif95 said:
1. What's the version of your HBC? If it's 1.01, error "not a valid Wii application" is shown when the application is boot.elf and not boot.dol. So, get the newest version of the app from Wiibrew (Renaming the elf to dol won't work)Thanks. I think you are exactly right.

QUOTE(afif95 @ Apr 20 2009, 12:59 AM) 2.It can, I think. Not sure about the freeze though.
You mean the backup loader and/or backup channel should be able to play original Wii game discs? That is what I thought. This would mean that the cIOS and backuplauncher0.3 are not working properly. Is there a guide to un-install and re-install? Also, with respect to the backup channel, is it supposed to hang on loading if the disc drive is empty? That is what it does now.

QUOTE(afif95 @ Apr 20 2009, 12:59 AM)
3.Did you just simply put the iso into the disc and burn it? If you did, then you're doing it the wrong way. There's a guide on how to burn isos, follow that.
I used Nero-->burn image to disc with data verification.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. I plan on using WiiShizzza's USB loader GUI, and I was wondering if there was a good channel to go on the home screen for it. It would be a pain to have to go into the Homebrew Channel every time I want to boot a game.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ilnyc said:

2.The launcher do work with original games, the thing is the launcher is using a patched copy of IOS36, Zelda uses IOS9 to work, Mario Kart uses IOS33 (not sure) and so on and on, but they should work fine what so ever, I think that your cIOS it is not the latest, or it is not properly installed, search for the cIOS36_r10 Installer to install the latest cIOS

3.Oh forget it, I just saw that you've already been answered, search for the guide to burning .iso's wich is just like burn as IMAGE instead of as DATA, or use ImgBurn wich is the best burning software..!!
smile.gif

tei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought an external hard drive today to try to use with USB Loader and mplayer.. A LaCie 1TB Neil Poulton type, it was the only one in the store that the wiki had mentioned as working. Made two partitions, one as a 200gb for WBFS, the other was a 512gb ntfs for now since I was worried about going any higher than that. The drive works fine on my computer. On the wii though, it's very... random. I did manage to format the 200gb to wbfs and install my games to the hard drive, and they sometimes work. But just -sometimes-. USB loader and game wad channels work maybe once out of every fifteen tries, every other time it give the "ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1)" screen. Sometimes it will work, most of the times it won't. And this is without changing or unplugging anything, just loading the same usb loader over and over and over again until it randomly decides to work...

Disheartened with that, I next tried using it for video files. MPlayer codedumps when it tries to access it, and MPlayer CE just gives a blank screen when trying to find the drive... I read that GeeXboX may work, so I tried that; it seems to detect it as "Samsung HD103SI Part 2".... and not finding any files on it except an empty "system volume information" folder. I've tried a few versions of each media player, installing various other things I don't understand that other topics suggest installing to help anyways (usb cios, dvdx, etc...), and nothing's gotten it working...

Is there anything I can do to get it working in any way better? Or should I just return it? ....I'm not looking forward to trying to explain to the future shop people that the hard drive doesn't work with my wii so I want my money back. But after spending the whole only day I get off work a week trying to get this thing to work, I'm ready to use it as a kickball unless I get it working or get my money back...
hate2.gif

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
2.The launcher do work with original games, the thing is the launcher is using a patched copy of IOS36, Zelda uses IOS9 to work, Mario Kart uses IOS33 (not sure) and so on and on, but they should work fine what so ever, I think that your cIOS it is not the latest, or it is not properly installed, search for the cIOS36_r10 Installer to install the latest cIOSThanks for the explanation. I have already downloaded the "backuplaunch0.3 gamma" zip pack. Do I just install cIOS in it or I should worry about uninstalling the cIOS I just did a couple of days ago?

QUOTE3.Oh forget it, I just saw that you've already been answered, search for the guide to burning .iso's wich is just like burn as IMAGE instead of as DATA, or use ImgBurn wich is the best burning software..!!
smile.gif
I did use "burn image to disc" with Nero, so the burn is not the problem, although it could be a random coaster. I do appreciate both answers. And it is becoming clear to me that no 2 on my list is the real problem.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carty1970 said:
wiimanizer said:
wiimanizer said:
wink.gif

Sticking a WAD in the WAD folder of the SD doesn't make it magically appear on the Wii as a channel. You have to use WAD Manager to install them first.
what folder do these wiiware channels get stored to on the SD card though? also, to make it work, i HAVE to first install it to the wii's system using WAD manager and THEN copying it to the SD?

mistwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soopahfly said:
Couple of quick N00bie Q's...

I have a Pal Wii, with CIOS36 Rev 10, and the Backup loader channel. Will this play NTSC games or do I still have to use RegionFrii?

How does the backup channel like scrubbed games?

Same question. =) I had no trouble getting my 3.3E system downgraded to 3.2E, then used the guide to get to 4.0 with HBC working. USBloader works great with a random external hard drive I had lying around (only 30g, but enough for my current needs!
smile.gif
). But I've been hesitant to try any NTSC games as I am almost sure they won't work. My son was given a game from the US for xmas, and he'd love to actually play it.
smile.gif

supernapalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya, been using Homebrew for a while, just figured out how to run the backups that were gathering dust on my desk and hard drive
smile.gif

Running 3.3E with CIOS36 Rev 10

The Wii ones I have work fine, but my Gamecube backups don't work (I'm using the loader from a channel on the main menu). When I put in a disc and start the channel, it comes up with the Gamecube Loader graphic, then it just resets the Wii. I'm using 'MultiGame ISO Creator v3.4.4F+' if that's any help.

I'm thinking I either don't have something installed or I'm on the wrong system version. Can anyone help me out here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: