PS5 Digital - Missing voltage on HDMI circuit

james-london

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.. after some advice. I have a PS5 Digital which is missing the voltages circled in red near the HDMI circuit. All other voltages are present and correct (across the entier board). Have replaced the HDMI encoder, and injected voltage, and checked for short around the area but cannot find the issue. Anyone experienced this before? Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you

Standby-Voltages-missing.jpg

bramo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have the same missing voltages ANY solution ?
Post automatically merged:

i got the same missing voltages ANY solution ??

when power de console 1 beep 2 sec blue light then shuts off

Last edited by bramo,

Johnny_debt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same missing voltages ANY solution ?

i got the same missing voltages ANY solution ??

when power de console 1 beep 2 sec blue light then shuts off
The posted picture is very misleading when you have a 2 sec power on then power off. When you have a 2 second power on then off the southbridge goes into panic mode and doesn't re-enable those standby voltages on the hdmi circuit. It doesn't always mean (usually its not the hdmi circuit) you have an issue with the hdmi circuit.

james-london

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The posted picture is very misleading when you have a 2 sec power on then power off. When you have a 2 second power on then off the southbridge goes into panic mode and doesn't re-enable those standby voltages on the hdmi circuit. It doesn't always mean (usually its not the hdmi circuit) you have an issue with the hdmi circuit.
Thanks @Johnny_debt On this occasion, this turned out to be a bad southbridge IC

gavin25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
chip1.png

hello,i had a question! in my picture,i got a short from this chip.but i dont know this chip name.i want to buy it . help me please. thanks in advance!:bow:

carlohak

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi All.. after some advice. I have a PS5 Digital which is missing the voltages circled in red near the HDMI circuit. All other voltages are present and correct (across the entier board). Have replaced the HDMI encoder, and injected voltage, and checked for short around the area but cannot find the issue. Anyone experienced this before? Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you

View attachment 398449
I James, did you fix the problem?

View attachment 398449
I James, did you fix the problem?

Samraku

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I find myself in the same situation.

@james-london & @carlohak Finally, is the southbridge for you?

Indeed when I read the UART codes I receive the error code indicating a problem with the HDMI IC. I really hope not because I have the CDX90069GG version, much rarer and more expensive.

I noticed a short circuit (0 to 60Ohm) only when I supply 12V to the board near the HDMI IC, behind it, near SB, behind it and close to the dialog chip still behind it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol