Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

trOublie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I have a question !

I always followed the wii hacking scene, until the beginning of the year of 2008, where we did not had any cIOS and soft loaders and etc, the last thing I saw about that it was the datel freeloader
huh.gif

Now I am back to my home country and when I got here I was like "wow". There´s a lot o things happening. My situation is simple, I have a Wii with wiikey (not the v2) with that last update. I am at 3.2E. What do I need to do now, to start running new games and homebrews? I just want the latest homebrew channel, and I want to know if I can update my FW, without having problems to run my old games (NTSC and PAL) and some new games (I am about to burn madworld). Thanks!!

D

Deleted User

MidnightR said:
So I'm trying to run some of the newer Wiiware releases, but they won't load. I get a black screen for a few seconds then it boots me back to the Wii Menu. I'm guessing I have to update something but I don't know what.

Install these IOSes:
1)IOS 55
2)IOS 53
3)IOS 38
4)IOS 37

All using WAD Manager and NUSD.

trOublie said:
Ok, I have a question !

I always followed the wii hacking scene, until the beginning of the year of 2008, where we did not had any cIOS and soft loaders and etc, the last thing I saw about that it was the datel freeloader
huh.gif

Now I am back to my home country and when I got here I was like "wow". There´s a lot o things happening. My situation is simple, I have a Wii with wiikey (not the v2) with that last update. I am at 3.2E. What do I need to do now, to start running new games and homebrews? I just want the latest homebrew channel, and I want to know if I can update my FW, without having problems to run my old games (NTSC and PAL) and some new games (I am about to burn madworld). Thanks!!

Okay. First of all, do you have HBC? If not, look at the Sticky.

If you do, simply connect your Wii to WiFi (If you haven't already) and go into HBC. It will prompt for an update, just install it.

Then, to update to the latest firmware (4.0E) simply use either one of the safe methods found here (So, I'm telling you to search!).

Then, install these IOSes:
1)IOS 55
2)IOS 53
3)IOS 38
4)IOS 37

Hyroero said:
Hyroero said:
QUOTE(ndstuff @ Apr 13 2009, 03:22 PM)
Hyroero: Use WiiBrickBlocker instead.
~solved.

I already do but thats just an external program that patches ISO's to remove the updates right?

That cant help if i brick via a WAD

Bump for this.

What do you need help with? I already answered your questions.

trOublie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
afif95 said:
MidnightR said:
So I'm trying to run some of the newer Wiiware releases, but they won't load. I get a black screen for a few seconds then it boots me back to the Wii Menu. I'm guessing I have to update something but I don't know what.

Install these IOSes:
1)IOS 55
2)IOS 53
3)IOS 38
4)IOS 37

QUOTE(trOublie @ Apr 17 2009, 06:53 AM) Ok, I have a question !

huh.gif

Okay. First of all, do you have HBC? If not, look at the Sticky.

If you do, simply connect your Wii to WiFi (If you haven't already) and go into HBC. It will prompt for an update, just install it.

Then, to update to the latest firmware (4.0E) simply use either one of the safe methods found here (So, I'm telling you to search!).

Then, install these IOSes:
1)IOS 55
2)IOS 53
3)IOS 38
4)IOS 37

Ok thank you very much! But what do you mean by "safe" ? I can´t install the update directly from nintendo ? I searched for some methods but I found one who says that the twilight hack will not work anymore. I dont think this is the right one, or is it?

D

Deleted User

You can't do the update with nintendo.

What you have to do, is use Waninkoko's Upgrader. That or use the semi-offline method I used:

1)Install IOS60
2)Install System Menu (417 is US, 418 is Europe, 416 is Japan)
3)Use IOS 60 patcher

Steps 1 and 2, I used WAD Manager. Step 3, well, I used an app. For more details, hit #Softmii in IRC (Because that's where I learnt that method)

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering..

Using the GC Backup Loader my backups work, but when I back up Dragonball Z budokai 2 and Digimon World, they just hang at the Green Screen.

Any help?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Krobelus said:
I was wondering..

Using the GC Backup Loader my backups work, but when I back up Dragonball Z budokai 2 and Digimon World, they just hang at the Green Screen.

Any help?

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Gam...patibility_List

Always check there for compatiblity with games that use GC backup loader. also check that u got the latest loader + Cmios.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Riley, I completely forgot about the Compat. List.

Digimon World 4 does work, and it says it hangs at the Green Screen for a min or so.. so yeah. But it also says DBZ Budokai 2 works, so I'll try to get it working again.

===
Anyway I have one last question:

I was looking on Snesorama forums, and I seen some N64 games ported to the Gamecube being run by an N64 Emulator as an Iso (Including Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Kart 64) and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that with other N64 games?

Thanks again.

P.S. I'd ask over there, but when I tried to register my email address was banned for some reason, so I'm getting that straightened out first.

naturesbane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

Updated to 4.0 "safely" - verified that can take a .wad installed VC game to SD card, then run it. Also, .wad files still install and everything seems OK.

My question is how do I setup my SD card to run VC collection? Does each .wad file need to be installed onto system, then moved to SD card one-by-one? Or, is their an easier way?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
naturesbane said:
Quick question:

Updated to 4.0 "safely" - verified that can take a .wad installed VC game to SD card, then run it. Also, .wad files still install and everything seems OK.

My question is how do I setup my SD card to run VC collection? Does each .wad file need to be installed onto system, then moved to SD card one-by-one? Or, is their an easier way?
Installed and moved one by one
no other way for wads (yet)

shady313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ALright I have a really noob question Lol. Anyways, Can I upload n64 Roms onto my Wii without physically hacking the wii? Nintendo released an update which you can play games off your SD card, so is it possible to add n64 games on the SD card and then playing them on the wii?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shady313 said:
ALright I have a really noob question Lol. Anyways, Can I upload n64 Roms onto my Wii without physically hacking the wii? Nintendo released an update which you can play games off your SD card, so is it possible to add n64 games on the SD card and then playing them on the wii?

No, with 4.0 you can't just put roms on your SD card and then run them clean off your Wii.
You could however do that with Wii64 (Check WiiBrew.org for that)
It's an emulator for the Wii that emulates the Nintendo 64, but it's still in progress and doesn't run a lot of games good.
There should be a compatibility list somewhere, Google it
smile.gif

You can then put the N64 roms in a folder on your SD card, and the homebrew somewhere else on your SD card. It's all explained on WiiBrew.org.

But to run homebrew off your Wii, you will have to the Twiilight Hack or have the Homebrew Channel somehow on your Wii.
Do you have that?

shady313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I read up on that twilight hack, and no i dont have it installed. Hows the homebrew community for the wii? Any cool stuff released?

Coolsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the homebrew channel installed and am on 3.2e

got a problem with the VC games. As far as I know N64 (Zelda) and Genesis (Phantasy Star IV) games are running ok, but when i try to start up a snes/nes (secret of mana/mario games) game My Wii freezes?
anyone knows what causes this.

The rest of my Wii is working perfect.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shady313 said:
Yeah I read up on that twilight hack, and no i dont have it installed. Hows the homebrew community for the wii? Any cool stuff released?

Well, you will need the Homebrew Channel if you want to run N64 roms on your Wii.
And if you have the Homebrew Channel, you can run Wii ISO's too on your Wii, without having to install a modchip.
And many more interesting apps for your Wii in the homebrew community, it's certainly worth to install the Homebrew channel.

hawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiMonkey said:
hawker said:
Noob question:

Okay I got hold of the files for usb 1.4, but I am dammned if I can rememebr where to put them on my sd card, can some kind soul help this n00b out. A quick but easy to follow guide on installing usb 1.4 would be fantastic. The zip file I have is this one:
Usb_SD_LOADER_1.4_All_You_Need_Wii-iND

Cheers

CODEUSB/SD LOADER 1.4 ALL YOU NEED

USB Loader 1_4.wad
(install with wad manager 1.3)

cios36 rev10 installer
(install with latest HBC [apps/appname/boot.dol] and put IOS36-64-v1042.wad into root of sd card for installer )

WBFSManager2.2.msi
(install to pc to manage your sd/usb from pc , needs framenetwork 3.5 )

hope it helps

Thanks for the info will give it a go over the weekend.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, it's me again
tongue.gif
. And like always it isn't realy a Noob-Question, but I think it's better to post here instead making a new Topic...

Well, the day before yesterday, I was able to dump Brawl via USBLoader 1.4, but it always locked up always after a Match. It also locked up started from the disc, and I thought it was a cIOS problem, or something software-based. Well, today, I wanted to dump Brawl again with the 1.5 Loader, but this time, it couldn't succeed, it stopped by 55,1%. So looks for me like it can't acess the second layer, and fails there...the disc still plays from Disc Channel, but still hangs after a match...and the disc is clean, couldn't see something on it...no scratches, nothing. Also other games work, from the Disc and ripping with the Loader. So I think I have the two possibilities:

1)Something with the Disc is wrong.
2)My Wii is unable to read Dual-Layer Discs (it was able do to this before). Maybe the laser isn't clean?

I'll try to test 1) with another disc from a cheap label, but what should I do if it's 2? Should I buy a clean disc from Nintendo? Or what should I do? Hope someone can help me...I need Brawl...many Thanks in Advance!!!

EDIT: Well, it's not Number 1...freezes also with another Disc...so what now? Brawl worked since it was released, I don't see why it stopped working so suddenly...maybe (and hopefully) only the laser is dirty...or could it be that I need to tweak it? Please help me!!!

~Blue-K

babybusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am not entirely sure if this pertains fully as NOOB question, but here it is.

I have tried the following method on two Wiis, one a PAL and one NTSC. Both I started with system menu 3.4, installed the Homebrew Channel through the Twilight Hack, all the necessary WADs and IOS and cIOS files, downgraded to 3.2, installed some elements of Starfall (to play games of different regions for example especially) and then installed IOS249. For the PAL Wii, everything worked perfectly fine other than in the beginning one of the IOS wouldn't install (think it was IOS16) in the Custom WM so installing it through regular IOS installer worked fine as well and allowed me to proceed to installing the cIOS installer and everything else went well after. So I started playing games on the NTSC Wii, games of different regions, and everything was working completely fine at first. I copy some channels over to SD card and delete them to make room for one WiiWare game I just got and then suddenly two backed up PAL games which worked before do not work on the NTSC Wii but 3 backed up NTSC games do. Nothing else seemingly changed. I had actually tried also before copying and deleting channels on my PAL Wii and this had no effect like on NTSC Wii. I don't quite understand how or why this would happen or what I should do to make the PAL region games work again on the NTSC Wii? I have helped a number of people hack their own Wii and the NTSC Wii is technically not mine but never had this problem, but it is the only NTSC Wii I have tried. I run Backup Launcher gamma on IOS249 and have IOS36 v4.18. Should I just try preLoader 0.26 and RiskiiMod? Any help is much needed and appreciated!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This has probably been asked before, but I can't find it.

I just formatted my HD with USB-loader 1.4 and installed some games, but I just tried WBFS manager 2.2 and it won't read the HD and also it can't format the device.

What do I do????

EDI: I found it, I had to run it as administrator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: