Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

spamking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
spamking said:
I've checked several guides on several sites and it looks like the files noobwarrior created are my best bet.

I've got a 3.4 Wii and I'd like to use those files to successfully copy over wads and whatnot . . . I got the HBC installed, and can see items in my apps folder, but get errors upon trying to copy them over.

Make sense?

I don't think I really get you, do you want to copy files to your SD, or do you want to install wads in your Wii, it is something like that, but it is not specified, I need to know exactly what are you trying to do, copying files to your Wii it isn't possible, you can install/uninstall, or copy files to your SD only, and I need to know the exact error (1017, 1, 1035, etc...) and wich aplications is the one giving you this error

I can't install additional wads using a Wad Manager from my SD to my Wii. I've tried to install using Wad Managers v1.2 and v1.3. The error I get is 2011 . . .

I've tried to install a cIOS wad several times using this method and continually get the same error.

The only thing I've installed is the HBC via the twilight hack . . . the HBC seems to run just fine and reads from my SD fine . . .

Would I be better off trying to downgrade?

Thanks . . .

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dodol said:
if I do regionfree patch to NTSC-J=>NTSC-U, does it mean the game become truncha disc ?

It's "trucha". I'm not sure, i think there's a way to patch only the information from which region the disc is. If it's this, it's possible the disc won't be trucha signed after this. If more is patched, the language for example, the disc would be trucha signed after this(if regionfree signs the disc).

Anyway, why do you want to patch the disc? Do you want to play it from the disc channel or from a loader? If you want to play it from a loader, there's no need to patch the disc in nearly all cases.

Tranquil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Tranquil said:
Okay thanks. Last question: Can someone please tell me the LATEST ways I can load backups that will require the least amount of modification to my system? I'm currently running 3.3 and I already have homebrew channel installed.

Install either WiiGator's cIOS36rev7(the Gamma cIOS) or Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7. Done. To play the games run either Gamma or SoftChip from the HBC, look here before burning for compatibility:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

PS: The latest loader would be my toy R4 with video mode patches, and yes you can run it from HBC too and don't need to install anything (except the cIOS) for it

So then I don't need to downgrade to 3.2 or anything? A lot of people said I should do that and install Starfall. And I don't need DvdX either?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a noob question why the hell when ever time i load up my wii is i get a black screen and hear the do do sound and no music i can't see anything on wii screen no menu's no nothing... it's got cioscorp on there the latest version of it and it's menu is 3.2 please someone tell me what to do i don't want to ship it to nintnedo...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tranquil said:
WiiPower said:
Install either WiiGator's cIOS36rev7(the Gamma cIOS) or Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7. Done. To play the games run either Gamma or SoftChip from the HBC, look here before burning for compatibility:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

PS: The latest loader would be my toy R4 with video mode patches, and yes you can run it from HBC too and don't need to install anything (except the cIOS) for it

So then I don't need to downgrade to 3.2 or anything? A lot of people said I should do that and install Starfall. And I don't need DvdX either?

If you need to downgrade depends on your firmware. On 3.3v1 you can install the cIOS without a problem, with 3.3v2 you need to downgrade. DVDx is not needed anymore for backups, where did you get that information? There a nest somewhere, from where this missinformation is spread, too many people think DVDx is needed in the last days. Starfall is a good idea if you want to be the person who tells your Wii what to do and what not.

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cioscorp question, I understand you need the right games for your right country, however...
it said it was permanent, this means it stays on there forever... will updating my wii and downgrading it get rid of it to back to normal?

Tranquil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think I have the early 3.3. So that means I just need to install those two things, right? I downloaded a ZIP with the launcher and the cIOS installer. I guess that's all I need? Can the cIOS ever revert back to a regular IOS?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
spamking said:
I can't install additional wads using a Wad Manager from my SD to my Wii. I've tried to install using Wad Managers v1.2 and v1.3. The error I get is 2011 . . .
I've tried to install a cIOS wad several times using this method and continually get the same error.
The only thing I've installed is the HBC via the twilight hack . . . the HBC seems to run just fine and reads from my SD fine . . .
Would I be better off trying to downgrade?

Thanks . . .

you don't have the cIOS needed, use Wad Manager 1.3 and tell me if in the first screen at the top part says "cIOS loaded succesfully", if it doesn't says that, you are in 3.3v2 or 3.4, you need to do the Oct23rd FIX...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tranquil said:

Just remember that you can do whatever you want to do with your Wii, IF your planning to install wads and channels I really recomend to use cIOS and IOS downgraders to 3.2 and install Starfall, if you only want to play backups then do nothing and stay in 3.4

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DJPlace said:
i got a noob question why the hell when ever time i load up my wii is i get a black screen and hear the do do sound and no music i can't see anything on wii screen no menu's no nothing... it's got cioscorp on there the latest version of it and it's menu is 3.2 please someone tell me what to do i don't want to ship it to nintnedo...

So can't see anything but you have the sound...??? Mmmmmmm.... maybe you used Any region changer and changed the video output to PAL and your TV doesn't support that signal input

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
spawn844 said:
Cioscorp question, I understand you need the right games for your right country, however...
it said it was permanent, this means it stays on there forever... will updating my wii and downgrading it get rid of it to back to normal?

who said it was permanent, pffff if you update it'll go everything down thru the flush of your toilet...!!
laugh.gif

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh please help me get rid of the Oct 23 update or get the Fix for it. I looked in the thread but it confused me. Anyone want to be nice and try to help me step by step? We can even go in a private chat if you want. Just someone please help me.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tranquil said:
Yeah, I think I have the early 3.3. So that means I just need to install those two things, right? I downloaded a ZIP with the launcher and the cIOS installer. I guess that's all I need? Can the cIOS ever revert back to a regular IOS?

the cIOS for the launcher gets installed in IOS249 place, wich no other original IOS from "N" is, and why all the people is being paranoic about the stuff installed on their Wii's...??? if you really don't want to have those files in there, then just don't install anything, uograde to 3.4 and format your Wii, no big deal...!!!
biggrin.gif

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have tried various methods of clearing all softmods eg cioscorp/cios249/preloader/riiskimod ect
but does anyone 100% know what method returns a wii to a clean state - out of box
i think this method is works
use hack remover for pl hacks
install sysmenu.wad -removes pl
run ios downgrade
run cios downgrade -to refresh 3.2 files
there are so many ways to clean your wii , i would just like to know which would be the most cleaner method
thanks

Tranquil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then what's this IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad thing? Do I need this or can I just use the launcher and the cIOS installer?

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
you caught me out ☆ i do that just forgot it all can delete hbc from channel menu
so do you guys think what i have said in previos post sounds proberly one of the cleaner methods or not

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can fidget around with the menu icons but i can't see them... so i can't go to homebrew or anything...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tranquil said:
So then what's this IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad thing? Do I need this or can I just use the launcher and the cIOS installer?

that IOS16 is from "N" we just use it to hang Wad Manager Custom on it, then we can install cIOS_fix.wad

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Littlegreenmen said:
you caught me out ? i do that just forgot it all can delete hbc from channel menu (
wtf.gif
what?)
so do you guys think what i have said in previos post sounds proberly one of the cleaner methods or not

the things you have installed in your Wii are

IOS249 for the gamma launcher, so you need to delete it or uninstall it
the rest will go away as soon as you update to 3.4 and format you Wii, that is it, if you still have the feeling of someone going behind you I really recomend to stop smoking that shit
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1