Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i modded my friend's wii and now she cannot play retail discs .. could it be because i activated Priiloader option "Force all games to use IOS249" ? or what could it be if it's not the problem ? she use Neogamma R8 Beta 15 for games loader ..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can't sync up your wiimotes from the bootmii menu, u have to use the power and reset buttons to navigate it (or a gamecube controller may work depending how it was installed--boot2 vs ios)

navigate the bootmii menu, to get to homebrew, then continue deleting STUBS and installing cios'

Bravostar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Bravostar said:
Kajdan said:
usb-loader blocks updates, as they are designed to start in the disk channel.

P.S. yes, to be honest, they load much faster!

Thank you, I'm very happy to hear this. But I just realized another thing: power supply.

Do I have to use 3.5" external HDD that has to be plugged into current socket or can I use 2.5" external disk that uses USB cable for powering itself?

I plan to buy 2.5" disk, but if it won't work, please warn me about it
smile.gif

shameless bump of my question
smile.gif

Paa

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
u can't sync up your wiimotes from the bootmii menu, u have to use the power and reset buttons to navigate it (or a gamecube controller may work depending how it was installed--boot2 vs ios)

navigate the bootmii menu, to get to homebrew, then continue deleting STUBS and installing cios'

Awesome mate, thank you. Now that you mention it I remember reading something about not being able to use the wii-motes, but I never really figured out when that stage was.. I guess I know now.
biggrin.gif
Thanks again

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ykteng said:
ykteng said:
longtom1 said:
all you had to do was hold reset and load the HBC from preloader and reinstall preloader and it would have fixed your problem happens every time you reinstall the IOS preloader is running on but is a simple fix

I see. Silly me, going a big round to fix this. And there I was, thinking preloader saved my ass!

Thanks!

Sorry, but reinstalling preloader didn't work.
don't understand why it didn't work worked for me when i patched my IOS60

kidkovax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install the bannerbomb softmod if I already have done the Twilight hack or do I have to delete the hack before installing the bannerbomb hack?

Malurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having problems dumping games with SuperDump v1.3. (or any version).

I get the 99% ripped issue (I've tested the games 99% ripped, they don't work), and downgrading to cIOS rev13 did not fix the problem, like it is supposed to. What am I doing wrong?

All I have to do is run the installer for cIOS38rev13, correct? And I can use the network installation mode, right?

ykteng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
longtom1 said:
ykteng said:
ykteng said:
longtom1 said:
all you had to do was hold reset and load the HBC from preloader and reinstall preloader and it would have fixed your problem happens every time you reinstall the IOS preloader is running on but is a simple fix

I see. Silly me, going a big round to fix this. And there I was, thinking preloader saved my ass!

Thanks!

Sorry, but reinstalling preloader didn't work.
don't understand why it didn't work worked for me when i patched my IOS60

True, the preloader installer patches IOS60, as what it says on the dump screen. But it doesn't touch IOS30.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieg said:
i modded my friend's wii and now she cannot play retail discs .. could it be because i activated Priiloader option "Force all games to use IOS249" ? or what could it be if it's not the problem ? she use Neogamma R8 Beta 15 for games loader ..
you again?
smile.gif
you really mod so many wiis of your friends. first why do you have to force all games to use ios249 in priiloader wherein fact she uses neogamma to load her games? why not try to disable the hack and see.
smile.gif

Dismo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salutations guys, this is my first post on the temp!

If someone would be kind enough to assist me through my debilitating noobness, I promise to repay in kind.

I attempted to repeatedly attempted to mod my wii with varying degrees of success, but I wasn't satisfied with my results; so I came across xzxero's simplistic mod and followed it to the t, or so I thought. I got HBC, I got bootmii as boot 2, I made myself a nice NAND backup! ...but I got problems...

When I put in my retail NSMBW it says I need a system update! I can load it through NeoGamma, but the disc channel is useless. I checked in DOP-IOS and all the IOS's I have are at higher versions than the most recent available.

I also can not load any backups through NeoGamma (R7). I tried 2 gamecube games (I patched MIOS) and a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Gamecube games gave a timeout error, Call of Duty gave 001 error.

I feel totally lost, any direction?

EDIT: I switched to Dop-IOS v8, it is a better program, but I still have the same problems.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
charlieg said:
you again?
smile.gif
you really mod so many wiis of your friends. first why do you have to force all games to use ios249 in priiloader wherein fact she uses neogamma to load her games? why not try to disable the hack and see.
smile.gif

that's better to ask to people which are modding a lot of wiis or to pro than to brick wiis
wink.gif
that's why i'm often here
tongue.gif

but thank you
smile.gif

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dismo said:
Salutations guys, this is my first post on the temp!

If someone would be kind enough to assist me through my debilitating noobness, I promise to repay in kind.

I attempted to repeatedly attempted to mod my wii with varying degrees of success, but I wasn't satisfied with my results; so I came across xzxero's simplistic mod and followed it to the t, or so I thought. I got HBC, I got bootmii as boot 2, I made myself a nice NAND backup! ...but I got problems...

When I put in my retail NSMBW it says I need a system update! I can load it through NeoGamma, but the disc channel is useless. I checked in DOP-IOS and all the IOS's I have are at higher versions than the most recent available (although I am using DOP-IOS v5).

I also can not load any backups through NeoGamma (R7). I tried 2 gamecube games (I patched MIOS) and a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Gamecube games gave a timeout error, Call of Duty gave 001 error.

I feel totally lost, any direction?

Use the latest verson of DOP-IOS found on Wiibrew.org

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just wondering is it possible to play all my snes,nes and megadrive roms and their emulators via the hdd or do I have to do it through the sd card?

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Mid123 said:
I was just wondering is it possible to play all my snes,nes and megadrive roms and their emulators via the hdd or do I have to do it through the sd card?
Yes you can you just need fat 32 partition
So all I have to do is put both the emulators and the roms onto the partitioned part of my hdd and that's it?

dragon_168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super N00b here,
Brand Spanking new wii with firmware 4.0U and Serial LUA 72xxxxxxx.

Is this softmodable?

will I be able to play back up games, VC.

is there a youtube video tutorial or an ultimate guide from torrent sites that can guide me.

Dismo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragon_168 said:
Super N00b here,
Brand Spanking new wii with firmware 4.0U and Serial LUA 72xxxxxxx.

Is this softmodable?

will I be able to play back up games, VC.

is there a youtube video tutorial or an ultimate guide from torrent sites that can guide me.

This guide is easy to follow: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 . Try it first, step by step, if you have problems after you finish everything, come ask for specific help!

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed Secret of Monkey Island and Smash Bros VC today. I noticed Secret of Monkey island being kinda slow but figured it was normal. Then I played SSB and the game was really slow, definitely not normal. Anyone know why this is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1