Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

aeorsmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SO start from the begining? It gets complicated a littlebit with the NUS Downloader for me
1. downloaded the first zip file mod and extracted pretty simple

the next step was to get this, but this program to i click on generate certs? then it says it cant find any and it has to create new ones is this right.

Is there no zip file that contains the file that dont need NUS Downloader to be run?
is this program used to upgrade the version/firmware?

icpmattj said:
aeorsmith said:
Good Evening,
I did the twilight hack some time ago early 2009 and got the gama update i believe. and im currently sitting at 3.3u i believe, im just starting to get back into gaming and when i try certain games like Punch out, I get error 002

I know i guess i need to update certain stuff, but im not sure where to start
smile.gif
i should have keeped up to date on what to do,

Can anyone help me as to what i need for this step going forward to update my system to most recent modded files to ensure i can play some newer games ?
smile.gif

Thanks for your time.

Follow this guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Since you already have HBC installed just skip the parts about installing it with bannerbomb

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aeorsmith said:
SO start from the begining? It gets complicated a littlebit with the NUS Downloader for me
1. downloaded the first zip file mod and extracted pretty simple

the next step was to get this, but this program to i click on generate certs? then it says it cant find any and it has to create new ones is this right.

Is there no zip file that contains the file that dont need NUS Downloader to be run?
is this program used to upgrade the version/firmware?

icpmattj said:
aeorsmith said:
Good Evening,
I did the twilight hack some time ago early 2009 and got the gama update i believe. and im currently sitting at 3.3u i believe, im just starting to get back into gaming and when i try certain games like Punch out, I get error 002

I know i guess i need to update certain stuff, but im not sure where to start
smile.gif
i should have keeped up to date on what to do,

Can anyone help me as to what i need for this step going forward to update my system to most recent modded files to ensure i can play some newer games ?
smile.gif

Thanks for your time.

Follow this guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Since you already have HBC installed just skip the parts about installing it with bannerbomb

You only need NUSD if you don't have any internet connection for your Wii and need to get the files for it from your PC instead of wirelessly with the applications automatically. Read through xzxero's guide in the stickies, there is a clear offline and online method. Also refer to my guide if you want to actually know what you're doing.

shimoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since no one Answered my question D:
I have a query! I have 3.2U and I do not know what kind of things I've already installed on my wii. Well I can name a few stuff like Homebrew Channel, some backup loaders, wad installer and the such. Now onto the main point of my question. I want to apply the "Rock Band DLC hack" and I was wondering how to get it work. Because everytime I go to the shop it tells me to upgrade. What do I have to do? Do I really have to upgrade and lose every hack I have? (including the certain things I installed to make Monster Hunter Tri work) Or is there something that can help me to override the said needed upgrade to enter the wii shop? Oh and I run Rock Band 2 on a backup and use softchip loader if it makes any difference. I do have a legit copy but I seem to have misplaced it. Thanks for whoever answers this query of mine. OH! One more thing, if you can explain in a couple of sentences how to basically install the DLC hack (Since I downloaded the necessary files already) Please do mention it too. Thanks!

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i'm new to this hacking stuff and i dont want to sound like a moron or waste peoples time. A friend of mine soft modded my wii a few months a go with the homebrew channel and backup launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249. What i would like to know is:

a) what is the best software i should install?
b) i dont have a usb hdd, will i still be able to play metroid prime trilogy the dvd5 version with just one and two on it?

thanks

redow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all

İ have a softmoded Wii. system update is on 4.0 / ciosrev14 and playing games without a problem with the usbloader but now i wanna play gamecube games too on my wii.What do i need / or to do to play the gc games which i have downloaded from the net?Do i have to install anything on my wii for that?

Regards

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobdigi84 said:
hey guys, i'm new to this hacking stuff and i dont want to sound like a moron or waste peoples time. A friend of mine soft modded my wii a few months a go with the homebrew channel and backup launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249. What i would like to know is:

b) i dont have a usb hdd, will i still be able to play metroid prime trilogy the dvd5 version with just one and two on it?

thanks

You should be using NeoGamma R7 instead of backup launcher 0.3 gamma. IOS249 is just a slot for an IOS that Waninkoko's cIOS installs to. Any revision of it you install will install over whatever revision is there before. The most recent one is cIOS rev14. You can run that installer and have it use IOS249 and do a network installation (if you have wifi) and it should install over whatever rev you have.

As for MPT, I believe there is a thread on the dualogy version of it, check through that to see what else you may need to run it if anything.

SethElite said:
If I've softmodded my wii to run gamecube backups will installing the guitar hero 4 system update brick?

Don't do disc updates, depending on what you did to your system, it could brick you. Properly update your system then use something like preloader to enable the skip disc update hack.

QUOTE(redow @ Sep 13 2009, 11:04 PM)
Hi to all

? have a softmoded Wii. system update is on 4.0 / ciosrev14 and playing games without a problem with the usbloader but now i wanna play gamecube games too on my wii.What do i need / or to do to play the gc games which i have downloaded from the net?Do i have to install anything on my wii for that?

Regards

Much like Wii backups require a cIOS and backup launcher to be played, gamecube backups require a cMIOS and a GC backup launcher. I have a small section in my guide that links to one set of a cMIOS/backup loader. tj_cool's guide also has a link to some too I think.

shimoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I PLEAD YOU TO ANSWER ME D: I'm going crazy..
I have a query! I have 3.2U and I do not know what kind of things I've already installed on my wii. Well I can name a few stuff like Homebrew Channel, some backup loaders, wad installer and the such. Now onto the main point of my question. I want to apply the "Rock Band DLC hack" and I was wondering how to get it work. Because everytime I go to the Music store it says I need to first open my wii shop. Then my wii shop channel says that I need to upgrade >.< I found something on the net for the wii shop problem but then again it just made me restart the wii everytime I clicked on Wii shop Channel which didn't do that before lol. Now I'm stuck! What do I have to do? Do I really have to upgrade and lose every hack I have? (including the certain things I installed to make Monster Hunter Tri work) Or is there something that can help me to override the said needed upgrade to enter the wii shop? Oh and I run Rock Band 2 on a backup and use softchip loader if it makes any difference. I do have a legit copy but I seem to have misplaced it. Thanks for whoever answers this query of mine. I already installed the RB2 DLC hack but then don't know if it works D: PLEASE I NEED HELP!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shimoto said:
I PLEAD YOU TO ANSWER ME D: I'm going crazy..
I have a query! I have 3.2U and I do not know what kind of things I've already installed on my wii. Well I can name a few stuff like Homebrew Channel, some backup loaders, wad installer and the such. Now onto the main point of my question. I want to apply the "Rock Band DLC hack" and I was wondering how to get it work. Because everytime I go to the Music store it says I need to first open my wii shop. Then my wii shop channel says that I need to upgrade >.< I found something on the net for the wii shop problem but then again it just made me restart the wii everytime I clicked on Wii shop Channel which didn't do that before lol. Now I'm stuck! What do I have to do? Do I really have to upgrade and lose every hack I have? (including the certain things I installed to make Monster Hunter Tri work) Or is there something that can help me to override the said needed upgrade to enter the wii shop? Oh and I run Rock Band 2 on a backup and use softchip loader if it makes any difference. I do have a legit copy but I seem to have misplaced it. Thanks for whoever answers this query of mine. I already installed the RB2 DLC hack but then don't know if it works D: PLEASE I NEED HELP!

You should ask about the RB2 DLC in a thread on RB2 or something, I don't really know much about DLC. But about updating the shop channel, have you tried using WiiSCU to get IOS61 and the new shop channel? Also properly upgrading your system shouldn't make you lose everything you've done. Even officially updating won't get rid of the HBC or your cIOS and such. I don't know what you needed to install for Monster Hunter Tri, but if it was just a normal IOS53 or 55 or something, updating would have done that anyways.

3.2 isn't really the best system menu version to stay on anymore, you can do pretty much anything on 4.0/4.1 now.

Also wad installer is pretty old for installing wad's, wad manager 1.4/1.5 should be used now.

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
bobdigi84 said:

thanks

You should be using NeoGamma R7 instead of backup launcher 0.3 gamma. IOS249 is just a slot for an IOS that Waninkoko's cIOS installs to. Any revision of it you install will install over whatever revision is there before. The most recent one is cIOS rev14. You can run that installer and have it use IOS249 and do a network installation (if you have wifi) and it should install over whatever rev you have.

As for MPT, I believe there is a thread on the dualogy version of it, check through that to see what else you may need to run it if anything.

SethElite said:
If I've softmodded my wii to run gamecube backups will installing the guitar hero 4 system update brick?

Don't do disc updates, depending on what you did to your system, it could brick you. Properly update your system then use something like preloader to enable the skip disc update hack.

QUOTE(redow @ Sep 13 2009, 11:04 PM)
Hi to all

? have a softmoded Wii. system update is on 4.0 / ciosrev14 and playing games without a problem with the usbloader but now i wanna play gamecube games too on my wii.What do i need / or to do to play the gc games which i have downloaded from the net?Do i have to install anything on my wii for that?

Regards

Much like Wii backups require a cIOS and backup launcher to be played, gamecube backups require a cMIOS and a GC backup launcher. I have a small section in my guide that links to one set of a cMIOS/backup loader. tj_cool's guide also has a link to some too I think.

thanks man!

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys. I'm not really new to homebrews, but some things still bother me, mainly about IOS.
-To switch to a new IOS after using the cIOS installer once, do I have to uninstall the old cIOS and then install the new one, or do I only have to install cIOS over the old one and the program will do the rest?
-I have no Wi-Fi connection; I want to know if there's any pack or something else that lets me download updated IOS quickly to the computer, and then putting it on the SD card. Downloading directly from Nintendo is really really bothersome and I would want to avoid it if possible..

Thanks in advance.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eichro said:
Hello guys. I'm not really new to homebrews, but some things still bother me, mainly about IOS.
-To switch to a new IOS after using the cIOS installer once, do I have to uninstall the old cIOS and then install the new one, or do I only have to install cIOS over the old one and the program will do the rest?
-I have no Wi-Fi connection; I want to know if there's any pack or something else that lets me download updated IOS quickly to the computer, and then putting it on the SD card. Downloading directly from Nintendo is really really bothersome and I would want to avoid it if possible..

Thanks in advance.
I'm assuming your first question you're just talking about updating your cIOS and not normal IOS's regardless, you should never have to uninstall any IOS or cIOS, they all install over eachother and all of Waninkoko's cIOS's will just install to IOS249 over whatever revision is previously there. Since you don't have wifi, you need to get the proper version of IOS38 that cIOS rev14 needs (read the readme for the rev14 installer), then after putting the IOS wad on the root of your SD card, have it choose IOS249 at the first prompt and then do a wad installation instead of a network installation. The IOS you choose at the beginning doesn't necessarily HAVE to be IOS249, it just needs to be any IOS that has the trucha bug intact, and since you have an older cIOS (which would have it) it can just use that to install itself over it.

As for getting updated IOS's from your PC. The easiest, legal, and safest way IS just using NUSD, all you have to do is open up the program, go to the IOS section, select what IOS you want to get, select the most recent version, click the "pack to wad" box at the bottom and download it. Then you can just grab the wad from the folder it puts it in, put it in the wad folder on your card and install it with wad manager. xzxero's offline guide explains how to use that in detail with pictures and links to it.

There are possibly some other places that have direct links to download IOS's, but those would be a bit more sketchy and not legal, and you won't be as sure that they are legit and the most recent IOS wad's.

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
whats up guys,
I got this 4gb sd card ive been using for my home brew stuff for a while now, and since i did the 4.1 update ive been trying to put vc games from the card onto the system then moving them back to the card once installed. The games work when on the system but when i move them to the card they dont work anymore. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, and tell me how to do it properly?
thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobdigi84 said:
whats up guys,
I got this 4gb sd card ive been using for my home brew stuff for a while now, and since i did the 4.1 update ive been trying to put vc games from the card onto the system then moving them back to the card once installed. The games work when on the system but when i move them to the card they dont work anymore. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, and tell me how to do it properly?
thanks.

You can't play installed wad's from the official SD card menu unless you patch the trucha bug into IOS60. You can do this by using dop-IOSv7 and going to IOS60 and installing it and say yes to patching the sig hash check (which is the trucha bug).

If you have preloader installed, this will cause a system menu is corrupt screen, in this case, you must hold reset to boot into preloader, and reinstall preloader by running the .dol file for the installer again so it can properly patch this new IOS60 for it to work with the system menu properly.

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
bobdigi84 said:
whats up guys,
thanks.

You can't play installed wad's from the official SD card menu unless you patch the trucha bug into IOS60. You can do this by using dop-IOSv7 and going to IOS60 and installing it and say yes to patching the sig hash check (which is the trucha bug).

If you have preloader installed, this will cause a system menu is corrupt screen, in this case, you must hold reset to boot into preloader, and reinstall preloader by running the .dol file for the installer again so it can properly patch this new IOS60 for it to work with the system menu properly.

thanks

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to install gamecube backup launcher offline? the only info i can find (here and elsewhere) refers to MIOS patcher downloading files from nintendo.

I used deviyl's sweet guide on softmodding my wii and upgraded to 4.1E thru this method.

sub question...........is 4.1E a bit crappy? i have some freezing issues with the sd card menu and when using M Player CE 5. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lostbhoy said:
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to install gamecube backup launcher offline? the only info i can find (here and elsewhere) refers to MIOS patcher downloading files from nintendo.

I used deviyl's sweet guide on softmodding my wii and upgraded to 4.1E thru this method.

sub question...........is 4.1E a bit crappy? i have some freezing issues with the sd card menu and when using M Player CE 5. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.

Not sure about offline MIOS patching, but as for the freezing, you don't still have bannerbomb on your sd card do you?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey nabster, it seems to me that it's not poss offline but wanted to make sure...thats a shame, no GC backups for me!!!
The only things i have on my card are the apps i use such as emus with roms and vc games. Eveything else works no probs....the only wii backup i have sofar is metal slug anthology and its okay but DVDs (ive only tried original retail discs so far) seem to freeze after 5 to 10 mins of playing, then i have to pull out the power cord to reboot.

SvtLight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone look at this signcheck and let me know if its all cool?
Ive been having problems loading disc's
system menu 3.2

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

"IOS255 (ver 31337)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS250 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 8)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS232 (ver 7)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS202 (ver 3092)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS61 (ver 4890)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS60 (ver 6174)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS55 (ver 4633)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS53 (ver 4113)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS38 (ver 3609)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS37 (ver 3612)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS36 (ver 1042)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS35 (ver 1040)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS34 (ver 1039)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS33 (ver 1040)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS31 (ver 1040)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS30 (ver 1039)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS28 (ver 1293)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS22 (ver 780)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS21 (ver 514)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS20 (ver 12)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS17 (ver 512)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS16 (ver 257)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS15 (ver 257)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS14 (ver 263)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS13 (ver 10)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS12 (ver 6)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled

fooentes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NOOB HERE! =)

I lost the ability to install WADs via WAD Manager 1.4 after I upgraded my wii with Wii Sports Resort.
I was using IOS35 and I'm on 4.1U with HBC.

Can anyone please help me?
Everything else runs fine.

thnx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    game's now what, 3 months out the door
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: