No More Heroes III coming to PlayStation, Xbox and PC this fall

No More Heroes 3 - Day 1 Edition_Content.jpg

XSEED Games has announced today that last year's No More Heroes III will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (via Steam and the Microsoft Store) this Fall. This new version is expected to feature "improved HD visuals, framerates, and faster loading times to keep players dishing out eye-popping ultraviolence," according to the press release. XSEED will also soon begin taking pre-orders for the limited edition physical version soon, featuring a 5.3"x7.3" 70-page art book, a CD with a selected soundtrack, and a Santa Destroy license plate.

Like every other title in the series, No More Heroes III debuted as a Nintendo exclusive, but the games have slowly been ported to other systems. The first two games were released on Steam and Amazon Luna last year, and spin-off title Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes was ported to PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2019, several months after releasing on the Switch. The first game also received an enhanced port on PlayStation 3 back in 2010.

If you'd like to know more about No More Heroes III, you can check out GBAtemp's review from last year here.

:arrow: Source (GBAtemp Inbox)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't played this series yet, the graphic looks like a ps2 era game. is it actually good?
No More Heroes 1&2, at least, were basically the best effing M rated game you could get on the Wii. And if you wanted a motion sensing lightsaber game, it basically beat Star Wars to the punch, with about the best adaptation to the controls as well.

Reactions: Kitocco

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
One of the only gripes I had with NMH3 was performance - in a frantic hack and slash like this framerate drops spoil the experience. I really, really hope that this “big boy console” version includes asset tweaks and a nice framerate boost, especially in the open world sections. Populating the city a bit more would also be nice, as the original does seem quite barren.

Reactions: Xzi

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope the fucking framerate is at least a locked 30fps, because I couldn't bear the frequent drops on the Switch. I sold my copy a few hours into the game due to sheer frustration. I swear it's the Cyberpunk 2077 of Nintendo consoles

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the only gripes I had with NMH3 was performance - in a frantic hack and slash like this framerate drops spoil the experience. I really, really hope that this “big boy console” version includes asset tweaks and a nice framerate boost, especially in the open world sections. Populating the city a bit more would also be nice, as the original does seem quite barren.
I hope the fucking framerate is at least a locked 30fps, because I couldn't bear the frequent drops on the Switch. I sold my copy a few hours into the game due to sheer frustration. I swear it's the Cyberpunk 2077 of Nintendo consoles

The press release said the new version will have improved framerates, visuals and loading times, which is something I embarrassingly forgot to put in the OP. Article is updated now.

Reactions: Xzi and Foxi4

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see Nintendo losing an exclusive as it benefits gamers across all platforms.

Heroes Paradise was on PS3 so it's not a full-on exclusive, but NMH is known as a Nintendo game. Nintendo just isn't what it used to be.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good to see Nintendo losing an exclusive as it benefits gamers across all platforms.

Heroes Paradise was on PS3 so it's not a full-on exclusive, but NMH is known as a Nintendo game. Nintendo just isn't what it used to be.
NMH: Heroes Paradise was on both the PS3 and the 360, although the PS3 version was obviously preferable due to the move controller. All of the games received PC ports at some point, too. They’re also on the Amazon Luna, of all things. It really hasn’t been an exclusive for a long time now.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The whole point of the game series was the motion controls, unlike certain Zelda game it actually worked well for the game.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally, it won't run like ass in the empty open world. Though the combat at least was okay.
yes but dont expect high framerates either. Suda games tend to be badly optimized, like how the PS3 version of the first game runs WORSE than the Wii original even though it is running on a more powerful machine with not many graphical enhancements outside the resolution bump.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's cool af, I won't have to bother running it on Yuzu, I'll wait for it and finally have decent performance cuz that's insane to have something like that on the Switch, no matter how good the game is

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the PS3 version was obviously preferable due to the move controller.
no, the PS3 version runs worse than the Wii and the move doesnt add anything differently that the Wii game didnt.
The move controller CAN be more accurate than the remote but it doesnt mean it WILL be taken advantage of both camera, gyro and accelerometer. There are very few games who does this and NMH is not one of them, it just use accelerometer like the Wii game, since all motion control it has is some gestures on the finishing moves, the recharging power and that is it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no, the PS3 version runs worse than the Wii and the move doesnt add anything differently that the Wii game didnt.
The move controller CAN be more accurate than the remote but it doesnt mean it WILL be taken advantage of both camera, gyro and accelerometer. There are very few games who does this and NMH is not one of them, it just use accelerometer like the Wii game, since all motion control it has is some gestures on the finishing moves, the recharging power and that is it.
Heroes Paradise is not on the Wii. NMH and NMH: Heroes Paradise are not the same, HP is an “enhanced port”. The PS3 version of HP is preferable to the 360 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?