Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My original list still lies at https://pastebin.com/nEZbsv3F . Just Google a titleID to find that game's name and region.
It's way worse now. I was in the process of trying to use my PC to snag all the USA releases that were still available and I think Nintendo is actively updating EVERY game on the eShop to now require proper authentication. Even random crap like "Family Bowling 3D" won't download now. Easy days are over, folks.

D

Deleted User

It's way worse now. I was in the process of trying to use my PC to snag all the USA releases that were still available and I think Nintendo is actively updating EVERY game on the eShop to now require proper authentication. Even random crap like "Family Bowling 3D" won't download now. Easy days are over, folks.

Just grab them manually and install. Only a few extra steps.

Deleted member 425649

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

You're right, Nintendo blocked a total of 2852 titles now. See the updated list at https://pastebin.com/68T0brhj .

Reactions: CheatFreak47

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess blocking just a few games was just a beta testing, seeing it worked it's being enforced on pretty much all games now.

saltysalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.eyebleach.me
XP
Country
United States
No.... this was said a thousand times: This ONLY affects CDN downloads, NOT installing through CIAs, NOT online play and NOT already installed games.
Okay.

You really did not have to be rude. :(

When you see something like authentication, it can mean ANYTHING. It could have meant checking if games being accessed on a device are legit. You never know. Ninety could have e backdoor implemented something like that.

Honestly, i rather ask and answer a question several times because of how something is now worded different and safe, than play it fast and loose. I get that it can be an inconvenience, but people are worried.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

You really did not have to be rude. :(

When you see something like authentication, it can mean ANYTHING. It could have meant checking if games being accessed on a device are legit. You never know. Ninety could have e backdoor implemented something like that.

Honestly, i rather ask and answer a question several times because of how something is now worded different and safe, than play it fast and loose. I get that it can be an inconvenience, but people are worried.

It just affects CDN downloaded stuff, due to the change in NIM in 11.8.

Reactions: saltysalamander

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess blocking just a few games was just a beta testing, seeing it worked it's being enforced on pretty much all games now.
I called this in another topic. Essentially CDN apps would become worthless, though I expected it to be slower. I assumed they would start incrementally rolling out the checks after the initial protection on their first-party titles.

I'm not sure how it affects PC-based ones such as Villain3DS, but even if it works for now (assuming you have a titlekeys list) it wouldn't take much extra time to fix.

I guess Nintendo finally hired some people who know cyber security.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/