Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you are on 11.8 and play previously downloaded free shop games, it's still going to send a ticket to get your console/NNID banned because it's not a legit file and Nintendo can still track it
The ticket is only used when you download and install a title. So its not going to be used.

Genevieve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freeShop does work for now, except with certain titles (here is a list). If console A is on 11.7, console B is on 11.8 and they do the exact same things, either both will get banned or none will get banned. There's also an off chance that either one of them gets banned and the other one doesn't.

There's no point in staying on 11.7 or lower.
not necessarily. 11.8 consoles were secretly intergraded with the ability to send tickets to Nintendo with information on pirated games, 11.7 does not have that

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
if you are on 11.8 and play previously downloaded free shop games, it's still going to send a ticket to get your console/NNID banned because it's not a legit file and Nintendo can still track it
Ticket checks only occur at install time while using the NIM module, and that module is only used by freeShop on sleep downloads. The ones that send console info, that is.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These "sleep downloads", was it when the screen powered down while the console has not been physically closed?
No, it's when you tap the sleep download icon (or a button combination I forgot). It used to download using the eShop while the lid is closed.

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. when you put the console into sleepmode

I never put the console into sleep mode... I'm talking about that black screen screen saver thing FreeShop does where it turns the LEDs off on the screens,. The console was never folded up or told to sleep by me... I only ever told Freeshop to download something and then let it download...

I'm asking if that counts as sleep mode, or if it you had to do something besides just hitting download and waiting.

No, it's when you tap the sleep download icon (or a button combination I forgot). It used to download using the eShop while the lid is closed.

Thanks.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never put the console into sleep mode... I'm talking about that black screen screen saver thing FreeShop does where it turns the LEDs off on the screens,. The console was never folded up or told to sleep by me... I only ever told Freeshop to download something and then let it download...

I'm asking if that counts as sleep mode, or if it you had to do something besides just hitting download and waiting.
No no. thats just the system going into a screen saver thing.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No it's not, like I said before.

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I never trusted the moon icon thing, but I wanted to be sure the screen shutting off on its own wasn't that.

I mean I read about the sleep mode thing and it seemed dangerous to me, handing off the download to the official eshop download software... I just got momentarily paranoid because the screen shutting off COULD be described as a form of sleep mode.

Last edited by JennaScvl,

Deleted member 425649

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of Google; don't even have an account anymore. I'll ping you when and if I discover a CDN-related change, if you don't mind.

People, those 104 titles are only a small part of the CDN's library, so I wouldn't say FreeShop and similar projects are already "dead". Let's hope the devs add some check to gracefully handle the restricted titles, as the CDN still remains a fine way to borrow hidden gems.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure someone made a post stating that it only sent the ticket upon downloading a title from the CDN.
I'll find it real quick.

EDIT: Found the post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/94ited/more_clarification_on_the_update/

I thought about creating a GM9 script specifically for injecting the old version NIM system module in place of the current one found in 11.8 firmware. Coding this is not much different than the Health & Safety injector script.

Found out you can't reinstalled the old one in *.cia format with sysUpdater or else your 3DS stays in sleep mode, and the power button can't force it to shut down. Only way to get out of this is to remove the battery.

I'm currently on 11.8 firmware using a hybridized NIM. Thinking about performing a freeShop sleep mode download for shits and giggles.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about creating a GM9 script specifically for injecting the old version NIM system module in place of the current one found in 11.8 firmware. Coding this is not much different than the Health & Safety injector script.

Found out you can't reinstalled the old one in *.cia format with sysUpdater or else your 3DS stays in sleep mode, and the power button can't force it to shut down. Only way to get out of this is to remove the battery.

I'm currently on 11.8 firmware using a hybridized NIM. Thinking about performing a freeShop sleep mode download for shits and giggles.
Even if you downgrade the NIM module so it wouldn't send ticket data, wouldn't Nintendo still be seeking valid tickets when downloading a title from the server-side?

I assume if your console doesn't send the info the CDN wants it won't let you download the application. Regardless of whether you're on 11.8 or lower.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you downgrade the NIM module so it wouldn't send ticket data, wouldn't Nintendo still be seeking valid tickets when downloading a title from the server-side?

I assume if your console doesn't send the info the CDN wants it won't let you download the application. Regardless of whether you're on 11.8 or lower.

Oh, the server side block is something no one can fix. Any games that are now blocked are blocked for good. But for the ones that are still open, freeShop and CIAngel still has their role to play.

The NIM injection idea is for the lazy who like downloading in sleep mode if they're on firmware 11.8. The problem is that the idea hasn't been proven to work, and I'm not in any hurry to confirm this myself as there aren't any games left for me to download that I'm interested in.

^ This will remain in the unknown compartment in the research bin unless (1) freeShop isn't going away completely anytime soon, (2) enough people are interested in wanting to bring back sleep mode download on their 11.8 firmware, and (3) if bans from sleep mode downloads on 11.8 is empirically proven to be real should a future ban wave ever happens.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
anyways its time for decrypted cias and region free games karma its strong people making stability as meme ironically nintendo be seriously obliterate everything in 1 picosecond

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so just doing a cfw and noticed the titlekey enc website is down (after quick google search, seams was shut down a week ago)
so.... now what to do for backups

1.just manually download game.cia or games.3ds then use godmode to convert to .cia
2.what about bans has there been any bans yet ?

i know with doing free shop games there where never any bans

3.but what about downloading games.cia are those as safe as going threw freeshop?

4. if they install are they safe/if they dont install means not safe ..??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh just noticed that myself I bet it makes the Master System port look amazing by comparison lol