Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a parallel universe where the Nintendo CDN wasn't block, right about this time we would be getting a barrage of people asking why the released Yokai Watch Blasters games aren't on freeShop. Someone would say "you have to be patient and wait until the keys are uploaded on that title site".

When those keys do get uploaded, another person mentions, "it's still not freeShop." Duh, you gotta wait til next Wednesday when the R171 cache update gets released.

And finally, there's that one who'll say, "And this is why I use CIAngel. No waiting for some silly cache nonsense."

:)
:(

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
In a parallel universe where the Nintendo CDN wasn't block, right about this time we would be getting a barrage of people asking why the released Yokai Watch Blasters games aren't on freeShop. Someone would say "you have to be patient and wait until the keys are uploaded on that title site".

When those keys do get uploaded, another person mentions, "it's still not freeShop." Duh, you gotta wait til next Wednesday when the R171 cache update gets released.

And finally, there's that one who'll say, "And this is why I use CIAngel. No waiting for some silly cache nonsense."

Yeah, I kind of miss those days

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Make a new server, then.

Nintendo sued people for less, it would be shut down instantly. Unless you're willing to take the bullet yourself...

I admit it was extremely convenient and a lot of people probably only hacked their 3DS just because of Freeshop. Kinda made some people lazy i guess...

Personally i don't mind taking the SD card out from time to time :rolleyes:

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo sued people for less, it would be shut down instantly. Unless you're willing to take the bullet yourself...

I admit it was extremely convenient and a lot of people probably only hacked their 3DS just because of Freeshop. Kinda made some people lazy i guess...

Why would you need to remove the SD card? Remote installs exist

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I got most of my games from freeShop. Still installed some CIA's before its downfall (namely Yu-Gi-Oh Saikyo translation, Dead or Alive Dimensions, and Minecraft updates). It was especially convenient for DLC's. I still liked how it displayed your installed games in MB/GB.

Not on my New 3DS XL, you have to open the bottom cover. microSD management is quite slow, maybe I'll try a FTP homebrew.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got most of my games from freeShop. Still installed some CIA's before its downfall (namely Yu-Gi-Oh Saikyo translation, Dead or Alive Dimensions, and Minecraft updates). It was especially convenient for DLC's. I still liked how it displayed your installed games in MB/GB.

Not on my New 3DS XL, you have to open the bottom cover. microSD management is quite slow, maybe I'll try a FTP homebrew.

CDN downloaders in general (Freeshop included) also helped me to get some hard to find DLCs or patches. Personally i'm very grateful for their existence, i also made a backup with USB Helper and Villain for all my games.

As for FTP i had similar speeds to microSD management but it could be my router, i'm not sure. But i occasionally use Boop or FTPD, it's just for the big files that i take the SD card out. I don't install games frequently anyway.

Last edited by Mysuke,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Released version 4.1.4
  • Stubs out freeShop application due to CDN changes by Nintendo. Full reasoning below.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Why freeShop broke:

On July the 30th, 2018, Nintendo released 3DS system update 11.8.0-41. This system update changed the nim module (which is used by the 3DS itself to install titles and system updates) to send along two new headers. One of these headers is a base64 version of the ticket.

Tickets on the 3DS are signed by a key that Nintendo only has and is not considered Reverse Engineerable (meaning it's not possible to make your own correctly signed tickets). When CFW is installed (such as Luma3DS), it is possible to disable the signature checks for these tickets on the system itself.

Programs like freeShop make their own tickets, which are considered incorrectly signed.

On 9th of August, 2018, Nintendo started enabling requiring these headers on a small number of titles, mostly 1st and 2nd party titles. Before 9th of August, while tickets would not need to be send along, Nintendo would still verify and reject downloads with an incorrectly signed ticket (this could be seen in freeShop by trying to do a sleep download, which uses the nim module, which would subsequently fail).

On 22nd of August, Nintendo expanded this change to all of their commercial applications.

Source: 3dbrew

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Switch to my fork to get a real goodbye screen kek.
9aaf64c3dadd7ca8896cfb46f00bc9d9.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

Reactions: KuroGentei

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Switch to my fork to get a real goodbye screen kek.
9aaf64c3dadd7ca8896cfb46f00bc9d9.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk
>uses cpp3ds in this day and age, when its not possible to make a cpp3ds dev environment anymore
>2.1mb/1.7mb vs 800kb
>suggesting users to switch for a stubbed screen

lol

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
>uses cpp3ds in this day and age, when its not possible to make a cpp3ds dev environment anymore
>2.1mb/1.7mb vs 800kb
>suggesting users to switch for a stubbed screen

lol
I like cpp3ds, and I there's no need for anyone to be able to compile it so meh.

Also I'm joking, tbh I really don't care.

freeShop was nice while it lasted, and let's not forget I had some good times with everyone (especially the team).

So yea, farewell, I'm gone again and cya

D

Deleted User

Can this thread just get closed down? Freeshop doesn't work. People shouldn't ask anymore questions. The only questions people are gonna ask is "where can I download games?", "how do I get free games?", "why did Nintendo do this?", and possibly "how do I get freeshop to work?" even after the thread name change. Please just get rid of it from future replies. I know this will bump it up but this needs to just stop

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Can this thread just get closed down? Freeshop doesn't work. People shouldn't ask anymore questions. The only questions people are gonna ask is "where can I download games?", "how do I get free games?", "why did Nintendo do this?", and possibly "how do I get freeshop to work?" even after the thread name change. Please just get rid of it from future replies. I know this will bump it up but this needs to just stop
It's better people post here than create several new threads asking about it

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it there's legitimately no way to ever get freeShop back, is there a better browser for Nintendo 3DS -- the kind that can download files? My computer has a broken screen and using my Kindle will add unnecessary files to the SD card that already has a bajillion VC titles from freeShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare