Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was no rumour for a new Zelda title, some people just automatically expected it. At no point did any official source say anything about Zelda before E3. Just thought I'd point that out.

I've calmed down a little since the conference, so I just put disappointment. The main problem was Nintendo gave a poor showing, even for the titles they already had. If they'd shown Mad World and The Conduit for third-party titles, it would've looked much better.
And if they'd put in a Pikmin 3 reveal and trailer, we would actually feel like something was revealed. GTA DS was apparently a big announcement, but the way I see it, even if it ends up a really good title, it'll still be inferior to GTA IV which I have yet to play.

So yeah, taking a step back now, things don't look too bad. But the press conference was piss poor.

GoemonMusashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone defending them on the basis on a speech attachment?
I mean its like boasting old technology, you might as well commend other systems
for having analog sticks.

Even the Gamecube eventually got a mic (although it was pointless and only used for like two games).

The conference was really lame for nintendo, nothing to really look forward to.
It seems like one pretty much has to get a 360 now, if they want any kind of continuous
stream of decent games.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
For all the crying babies there..

What Miyamoto has to say about E3 :
QUOTE said:
I think that there’s probably one other element to it, and that’s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where — and certainly Nintendo included — catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more … an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we’re still working on many of those titles, but it’s just not the type of event where we’ll be showcasing that anymore.

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710005/

E3 changed.. no one uses it to announce their big games anymore (a lot of companies like Blizzard and Lucas Arts even skipped it this year)..

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cubin' said:
Regarding Wii Music:
"7:29 Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE!
Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game."
Doesn't really sound like something he would say. Probably a translation error. Japanese is not the easiest language...

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good find cockroach man, interesting... But man ending the show off with them playing fake instruments was weak and I was like wtf... Y can't they showcase both the hardcore and the causal?

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trolly said:
There was no rumour for a new Zelda title, some people just automatically expected it. At no point did any official source say anything about Zelda before E3. Just thought I'd point that out.

A Zelda title is a game taking like 3 to 5 years of development - planning phases, brainstorming and even just engine programming - I count all of that as development. So I'd wonder if just one Zelda title is in development.. probably more like 2 or even 3. So, seriously I'd say it is no wonder.

Kokorazashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone who thought that it had nothing for the core gamers, you're right. Miyamoto himself said that E3 wasn't the show for the core, but more for the public. ACCF looks good, definetely gonna get it.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still think the whole double pun on EEE (E3 & Asus) was rather silly
tongue.gif
. I tuned in a little late (cought most of it though, the 'upgrade' for the Wiimote, animal crossing, gta etc.) but saw Wii music which made me simply sad. Maybe it will be some fun, but damn 'moving like real people playing music would'....? Then again it obviously fits in Nintendo's current scheme to attract a more casual (not really the proper word) gamer. In the end though I ended up watching the sony conference so I wouldn't feel too bad about watching the E3 conference (though that didn't help too much).

Seriously, the EEE was lame
tongue.gif

Mav180

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't think Nintendo's E3 was bad at all. Even Wii music looks pretty fun.

I am personally looking forward to Kirby Super Star Ultra. I knew Nintendo would remake it for the DS.

J

Jackreyes

it wasn't as good as I'd have liked...
but remember, this is Nintendo we're talking about...

GTA on DS could be ok

kylertesch

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clearly they are only catering to soccer moms and 8 year olds atm.. but i think you guys are missing the fact that we are getting a new castlevania and a sequal to a damn good RPG Tales of Symphonia2.. we are getting Mad World as well, which btw looks even more violent and fun than say.. No more Heroes! we have lots to look forward to EVEN if they didnt announce it at the show, okay?(aside from the wii we have loads of great DS games coming too, ive decided to focus on the wii though =P)

One thing i really wanna know though is.. if the Microphone will have to be activated though the games themselves or if they can have some sort of backwards compatibility with say.. SSBB, or MK:wii, like maybe we can activate it through our menu.. cause if it does i cant wait to swear at those soccer moms and there children that ruined our E3 LOL..

OMFG THEY BETTER NOT MAKE THE MIC FRIEND CODES ONLY ILL F-ING KILL NINTENDO >:O

kylertesch

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scorpei said:
but saw Wii music which made me simply sad. Maybe it will be some fun, but damn 'moving like real people playing music would'....? Then again it obviously fits in Nintendo's current scheme to attract a more casual (not really the proper word) gamer.

Seriously, the EEE was lame
tongue.gif

lol the proper word for "casual gamer" there would be

..Mentally Retarded..
sleep.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How fancy for people to take shots at Reggie Fils-Aime. He's great at what he does, and anyone taking shots at him is just sad cause they could never do even half as good of a job.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrofyr said:
How fancy for people to take shots at Reggie Fils-Aime. He's great at what he does, and anyone taking shots at him is just sad cause they could never do even half as good of a job.
I've always thought he's come off as a bit of a cocky tool. Every bit as fake as they accuse (and rightfully so) Cammie of being. However! He is good at his job, excellent. And when he's not playing that stage role he actually looks like a pretty fun guy. Take his Wii Sports Resort match he played with Gametrailer's own Geoff Keighley. When Geoff lost he shouted out some profanity and Reggie's in the background just laughing away at the scene. A genuine laugh. And at that moment, for the first time, I felt he might not be so bad after all. Just needed to see his human side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That cat bites +1