Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it was alright.
I can't say I wasn't disappointed, but we do have some cool stuff to look forward to.
wink.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
RupeeClock said:
It was pretty damn lame, although Animal Crossing might have saved it.

Penny Arcade pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.
20080716.jpg

ROFL XD
Roflcopter. I love Penny Arcade. But I thought Sony did rather well this year, relatively speaking of course.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I liked the moment that Reggie spoke about the 3 major Wii releases and walks offstage with that cool arrogance and said something like "take a look..." and I was genuinely impressed...until they showed the 3 games: Animal Crossing, Raving Rabbids TV and CoD... WTF? That's NOTHING!

Basically I thought the press conference was disappointing, especially since Nintendo always presents it like it's the coolest stuff EVER. Which it's clearly not.

What I found especially disappointing:

- I missed some Mario stuff
- Animal Crossing looked like a mix of the GC and the DS version
- Wiispeak sounds as interesting as filling out tax forms
- They failed to impress the public with the Wiimotion Plus thing, cause you can only feel what it's like
- In a way I still was expecting some new DS Lite ( there was a rumour about some sort of motion sensor)

PS: I really really HATED that woman on stage. She was so awful. It was like my auntie selling videogames on that stage. How can such a woman present the new Grand Theft Auto????? It's insane!

Oh and Wii Music looked like crap and it sounded like a bunch of retards playing music (if that's what you want to call it!)

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
QUOTE said:
IGN was the best as far as im concerned. Good quality and smooth framerate. God G4 was horrible.
any differnce from watching it on gamespot or ign??

IGN was 4 minutes behind on the Microsoft show. I'm not sure about Nintendo's or Sony's.

Gamespot's stream was ok quality, you could see fine but it could been better.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IGN was behind on Nintendo's and Sony's as well.
I had both sites up, IGN video muted.

So I took the advantage of Gamespot's faster update, and when presenters start talking about some boring bullcrap I switched over to IGN for high"er" quality trailers.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
DeMoN said:
jalaneme said:
RupeeClock said:
It was pretty damn lame, although Animal Crossing might have saved it.

Penny Arcade pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.
20080716.jpg

ROFL XD
Roflcopter. I love Penny Arcade. But I thought Sony did rather well this year, relatively speaking of course.

They weren't bad.. but indeed they said A LOT that the PS3 was just in the beginning and there was more to come and etc..

And I got that exact same felling from MS, the 360 has a big identity crisis, they don't know to what public they're trying to appeal.. they kept saying the whole time that their system was something to families and the casual public and at the same time that it was for hardcore gamers!

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ninty shouldn't have presented their main attraction, the Wii MotionPlus attachment, a day before the conference...Why the hell did they do that, when they didn't have that much to show in the first place?
wacko.gif

I love the MotionPlus attachment, but I think it's POOR that they didn't announce a single compatible game other than Wii Sports Resort, which will most likely come bundled with the attachment...
They also should've announced a new Wii bundle with the Wii MotionPlus, which is the very least one would expect when they release such an extension that delivers what the Wii remote was supposed to be able to do in the first place...
I bet now many devs will opt against making use of the MotionPlus in fear that many people will not buy the game because they don't have the attachment
mad.gif

Draxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo Was Betrayer and promise Hardcore Gaming (Like Kirby and Kid Icarus....)
hate2.gif

But is all was a lie!... they don't show us Epic Games! (Only Animal Crossing with the weirdo Wii Speaker)

Microsoft and Sony Won the e3 this year...
blink.gif

Maybe someone Destroy Nintendo Memories....
ph34r.gif

NeoWoeN

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No no no !

One Zelda and one Mario !

-New Zelda + Zelda Twilight Princess = Two Zelda
-New Mario + Mario Galaxy = Two mario !

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
my opnion on Nintendos press conf was total shit they were banging on for almost 45 mins about sales figures and nothing of real interest on games. For now Nintendo is dead in the water in my eyes.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some of the games looked interesting and Pikmin will be cool...but where the hell is my zelda/mario/metroid-type games? What a joke.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendoembarrassment1.jpg

LAWLZOR I TEH MOVEZ TEH VIEOGAMEZ

Regarding Wii Music:
"7:29 Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE!
Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game."

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
The 30 ppl that think that press conference was awesome need a life.
What's that? Furfuck Crossing? If you're really satisfied with with that, you really need to see a shrink.
Fuck nintendo. Their shit deserves to be pirated!
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since