Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I had this problem my first time I found a youtube video toward this, but I can´t seem to find it anymore.
But at the end of the "process" the Wii u gamepad and the hdmi output shows a completely red screen.

What I am trying to do is play a GC game from USB stick or SD card with the gamepad.
Since it works by starting from vwii I do not think my monitor has a problem.
Version 6.498 (Wii U).

Just realized, that the vwii version works from the USB-stick, but not the sd card. Therefore I try to make a backup and reformat my sd card.
well solo nintendont forward doesnt work off the usb fat32, so you should put isos on sd card and try the solo nintendont forwarder, if it works by manualy playing games from sd card then you can try injects on wiiu nand or wiiu formatted hdd after.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I had this problem my first time I found a youtube video toward this, but I can´t seem to find it anymore.
But at the end of the "process" the Wii u gamepad and the hdmi output shows a completely red screen.

What I am trying to do is play a GC game from USB stick or SD card with the gamepad.
Since it works by starting from vwii I do not think my monitor has a problem.
Version 6.498 (Wii U).

Just realized, that the vwii version works from the USB-stick, but not the sd card. Therefore I try to make a backup and reformat my sd card.
maybe you have a corrupted file, try redownloading latest nintendont, deleting ninconfig.bin , check if there are 0kb files on your saves folder.

leon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well solo nintendont forward doesnt work off the usb fat32, so you should put isos on sd card and try the solo nintendont forwarder, if it works by manualy playing games from sd card then you can try injects on wiiu nand or wiiu formatted hdd after.
I have copied all files from sd to my PC and formatted my SD card.

Then copied everything back and now it works like a charm.

Thank you very much

rafaelsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

Where can i download the latest official Nintendont? Cant find the files on FIX94 github...

I tried using the latest MMMod, but when loading a game it goes to a debug screen before loading the game, I think the official one didnt have this and was faster

Thanks in advance

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
install a nintendont solo forwarder then launch the games through the sd card and see if they work, on the fowarder you can check and change settings at will by pressing x/1 change what you want and then repress x/1 to go back to the game list and test if the games are going to work before making an inject.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qacy3cxpmawe3/Nintendont_%28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file

put your isos on the sd card path must be
sd:games/anyname/game.iso

for isntance windwaker i have
sd:games/windwaker/game.iso

Thank you for this guide! I will be able to try this in a few days. Just some quick questions before I dive in:

1 Can this forwarder run directly from Wii U Tiramisu, or will I need to run it through vWii?

2 If through vWii - is it possible to have vWii Homebrew and Wii U Homebrew running at the same time? Won't that cause some sort of awful crash?

3 And, is vWii Homebrew run in the same way as when modding an actual Wii, or is it a different process?

Thank you for your help and patience with this :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. probably via the wiiu
2. not issues doing that
3. I think with game exploits, yes, but you can use wup hax to hack the vwii. btw, afaik, you don't have to hack the vwii to use the forwarder.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for this guide! I will be able to try this in a few days. Just some quick questions before I dive in:

1 Can this forwarder run directly from Wii U Tiramisu, or will I need to run it through vWii?

2 If through vWii - is it possible to have vWii Homebrew and Wii U Homebrew running at the same time? Won't that cause some sort of awful crash?

3 And, is vWii Homebrew run in the same way as when modding an actual Wii, or is it a different process?

Thank you for your help and patience with this :)
1-yes
2-yes vwii homebrew(including wiiu side injects like nintendont and emulator like wii64/wiisxrx are on this path, you can isntall forwarders on wiiu side and never needing to enter vwii unless you really want to use fat32 usb since that doesnt work while injected on wiiu mode)

sd:apps

while wiiu native homebrew
sd/wiiu/apps

3-same way no difference at all, heck even better since you can overclock vwii homebrew which helps with emulators like wii64/wiisxrx

Gahrsim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,
I'm running into the notorious USB problem with Nintendont when trying to launch a GC VC inject in Wii U menu, while having an official GC adapter plugged in. I'm specifically looking for a known Nintendont working build. I've tried to use the old 486 build as pointed out on Github but I still get a blackscreen when loading up any GC injection, even with this old build.

If I unplug the adapter before booting, the issue disappears.

Thanks for any help you'll be able to provide.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi there,
I'm running into the notorious USB problem with Nintendont when trying to launch a GC VC inject in Wii U menu, while having an official GC adapter plugged in. I'm specifically looking for a known Nintendont working build. I've tried to use the old 486 build as pointed out on Github but I still get a blackscreen when loading up any GC injection, even with this old build.

If I unplug the adapter before booting, the issue disappears.

Thanks for any help you'll be able to provide.
check your sd card for corrupted files delete all your ninconfig.bin, controller.inis and cehck your saves folder to see if there is any 0kb file in there and delete it.

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Why everytime i put exit combo, returns me to the Homebrew Channel instead to USB Loader GX? Before updating, Nintendont return me to USB Loader GX.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's recommended to use Nintendont as a module integrated in your favorite USBLoader

Where can I get a USBLoader (I can't find one on the Wii U HB App Store)? Can anyone recommend one that is compatible with Wii U running Tiramisu CFW?

:blank:Forwarder

Install the forwarder version for your console using a Wad Manager.

What's a Wad Manager and where can I get one?

The forwarders are looking for the file located on:
SD:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
SD:apps/Nintendont/loader.dol
USB1:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
USB1:/apps/Nintendont/loader.dol

Does apps/Nintendont have to contain both boot.dol and loader.dol for the forwarders to work?

My game doesn't work but it's marked as working on the compatibility list
If you are using the biggest memory card size, try to create and use 8 MB (1019 blocks) or lower for better compatibility.

How can this be done per-game? My understanding is that Nintendont uses global settings only.

EDIT:// I just read that you need a USBLoader to do this. Which USBLoader is recommended for this purpose, where can I get it, and how do I install it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

EDIT:// Strikethroughs are because I now have Nintendont working via the Wii U Forwarder (linked above by pedro702) that isn't listed in the OP and which doesn't require modding the vWii.

For anyone else that might need it, it can be found here. To install it, use WUP Installer GX2 and install it to Nand. And of course, make sure Nintendont is updated to the latest version.

Last edited by Willicious,
Reactions: ca032769

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Where can I get a USBLoader (I can't find one on the Wii U HB App Store)? Can anyone recommend one that is compatible with Wii U running Tiramisu CFW?

What's a Wad Manager and where can I get one?

Does apps/Nintendont have to contain both boot.dol and loader.dol for the forwarders to work?

How can this be done per-game? My understanding is that Nintendont uses global settings only.

EDIT:// I just read that you need a USBLoader to do this. Which USBLoader is recommended for this purpose, where can I get it, and how do I install it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this.
nintendont has global settings for each game having its own memory card and 251 block for each game is basically everything you need unless you want to play some big ass save games like madden and such.

Reactions: jeannotte

AquaGreenBoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey, Nintendont doesnt support Third Party Wiimote, I have one that is the same as an official but without the Wii logo, and it doesnt connect with Nintendont, I want to use the Wii + Classic Controller combo, but I can't because my Third Party Wiimote doesnt connect to the Wii when booting games and I get stuck at the title screen or on the progressive scan screen.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Nintendont doesnt support Third Party Wiimote, I have one that is the same as an official but without the Wii logo, and it doesnt connect with Nintendont, I want to use the Wii + Classic Controller combo, but I can't because my Third Party Wiimote doesnt connect to the Wii when booting games and I get stuck at the title screen or on the progressive scan screen.
Unfortunately Nintendont only support genuine Wii remotes as the developers didn't have access to 3rd party and fake remotes. Many 3rd party and fake remotes don't follow how a genuine remote works.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: the worst fanfic website