Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tanks, but I can't seem to find it in the downloads section... The first page of this thread only provides links to the latest versions...
there is no download secction all you have to do is navigate to the commit you want, click on it then scroll down and look for a file called loader.dol and click view then view raw and download it, then just rename to boot.dol

Reactions: NikoozFreymouz

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendont updated to 496
Workaround for wiiugamepad and autoboot injects issues of not working

if you got an autoboot game in internal wiiunand/wiiu formated hdd, the wiiu gamepad will be player 1 if no hid is connected to usb ports, if an hid is connected to usb ports wiiugamepad goes to player 2 and hid takes player 1.

This is becuase sailormoon who did the pull request on github for wiiugamepad slot had not awnsered me back tried to message him/her few times on his pull request with no luck and there is an error on his commit that if you have an autoboot inject wiiugamepad is always disabled becuase there is an error somewhere that for some reason nintendont cant read the ninconfig wiiugamepadslot value when autobooted but reads just fine if you have an inject that loads nintendont menu and then you can choose a game from the sd card the wiiugamepad slot can be readed just fine.

So unless someone can fix this or wants to give it ago this is how i made the code work with some help from Cyan and my very poor programing skills ended out.if you have an inject with acess to nintendont menu before starting the game the wiiugamped slot will work just fine, if your inject goes straight to game the priority will ge hid(if connected)>wiiugamepad>bt controllers else wiiugamepoad will be player one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I have the same problem, updated Nintendont, reseted my settings, my gamepad is set as player 1, but it doesn't work.

Any solution ?
Thx a lot !
yeah they worked before and they worked again when i reverted to the feb 28 version.
can you guys test 496? wiiugamepad should be player one on autoboot injects if you got no hid controller connected to the usb ports of your wiiu.

Reactions: ber71

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I get nincfg.bin? I followed the guide but when I try to start a gamecube game it says that file is missing?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get nincfg.bin? I followed the guide but when I try to start a gamecube game it says that file is missing?
It is usually created when you edit Nintendont settings and immediately start a game. You must start Nintendont directly and not using a VC injection.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is usually created when you edit Nintendont settings and immediately start a game. You must start Nintendont directly and not using a VC injection.
you can use a vc injections long as its not an autoboot one xD

i have a wiivc injection of nintendont alone that loads games from sd card xD

got 2 options

1-make a nintendont injection with nintendont alone wich will boot nintendont without a game and you can change settings (need one iso on sd card to save settings)

2- go to your vwii mode if its hacked you got a homebrew channel, enter homebrew channel and start nintendont directly and choose your settings and then start a agme on vwii your iso can be on sd card or fat32usb.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

How do I start it directly? I don't see it in any of my homebrew launcher apps? the guide said to put it in the apps folder on the root of the SD card but I'm not seeing it?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I start it directly? I don't see it in any of my homebrew launcher apps? the guide said to put it in the apps folder on the root of the SD card but I'm not seeing it?
Usually you open the Homebrew Channel in vWii. The only way to open it in Wii U mode is using a forwarder or a vWii inject that launches Nintendont directly.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried starting Resident Evil 4 but I just get a black screen. Could this be an issue to do with games that come with 2 discs?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried starting Resident Evil 4 but I just get a black screen. Could this be an issue to do with games that come with 2 discs?

Do you have both discs named correctly in the same directory?

Disk 1 = game.iso
Disk 2 = disc2.iso

Edit - Should look like something like this:
-USB/games/Resident Evil 4 [G4BE08]/game.iso
-USB/games/Resident Evil 4 [G4BE08]/disc2.iso

Last edited by ca032769,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you still dont have ninconfig.bin could be why, re4 works just fine as long as you did the inject the right way, when doing 2 disc injects you need to put both files on the injector at the same time so the inject has both isos inside of it

disc one named game.iso and disc2 named disc2.iso

also btw dont know if you know thihs but nintendont is a wii app which means it wont appear on wiiu homebrew launcher you need the wii side of wiiu and inside the homebrew channel.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you still dont have ninconfig.bin could be why, re4 works just fine as long as you did the inject the right way, when doing 2 disc injects you need to put both files on the injector at the same time so the inject has both isos inside of it

disc one named game.iso and disc2 named disc2.iso

also btw dont know if you know thihs but nintendont is a wii app which means it wont appear on wiiu homebrew launcher you need the wii side of wiiu and inside the homebrew channel.

I got the Nintendont program from wiiUSB helper as I read that that version works with wiiU. I have a ninconfig.bin that I downloaded from somewhere, most of my games work just not RE4 for some reason. Pretty sure my ninconfig.bin is in the right spot to.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got the Nintendont program from wiiUSB helper as I read that that version works with wiiU. I have a ninconfig.bin that I downloaded from somewhere, most of my games work just not RE4 for some reason. Pretty sure my ninconfig.bin is in the right spot to.
latest nintendont is not compatible with old ninconfig.bin files and i have no idea which dol version is included on usb helper, you need to know which version you have.

do you have your wii side hacked? if so just enter it and go to homebrew channel and start nintendont from there to see which version you have.

Also nintendont settings inside ninconfig.bin can affect games, depends on what settings you have on, some games crash or wont work with certain settings toogled on while other work just fine, and it seems you have no idea at all what settings you have on...

Last edited by pedro702,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does anyone know if nintendont support this controller on wii and wii u?

Playmax Classic Controller with 16MB Memory Card for Wii & Gamecube
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223921863187

Mad Catz Wii & Switch Compatible GameCube Controller
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322806659253
please dont buy fake gc controllers in afew months your analogues will just die lol, i had 4 fake gc controllers from diferent brands and all of them lasted at maximum 1-1.5 years, the analogues are so bad they break or go extreme drifting, and still to this day my officiakl gc controller that came with my gc still works perfectly, and i had the gc on day one.

Reactions: ca032769

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont updated to 496
Workaround for wiiugamepad and autoboot injects issues of not working

if you got an autoboot game in internal wiiunand/wiiu formated hdd, the wiiu gamepad will be player 1 if no hid is connected to usb ports, if an hid is connected to usb ports wiiugamepad goes to player 2 and hid takes player 1.

This is becuase sailormoon who did the pull request on github for wiiugamepad slot had not awnsered me back tried to message him/her few times on his pull request with no luck and there is an error on his commit that if you have an autoboot inject wiiugamepad is always disabled becuase there is an error somewhere that for some reason nintendont cant read the ninconfig wiiugamepadslot value when autobooted but reads just fine if you have an inject that loads nintendont menu and then you can choose a game from the sd card the wiiugamepad slot can be readed just fine.

So unless someone can fix this or wants to give it ago this is how i made the code work with some help from Cyan and my very poor programing skills ended out.if you have an inject with acess to nintendont menu before starting the game the wiiugamped slot will work just fine, if your inject goes straight to game the priority will ge hid(if connected)>wiiugamepad>bt controllers else wiiugamepoad will be player one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you guys test 496? wiiugamepad should be player one on autoboot injects if you got no hid controller connected to the usb ports of your wiiu.
injects+gamepad work again!
thank you!

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
latest nintendont is not compatible with old ninconfig.bin files and i have no idea which dol version is included on usb helper, you need to know which version you have.

do you have your wii side hacked? if so just enter it and go to homebrew channel and start nintendont from there to see which version you have.

Also nintendont settings inside ninconfig.bin can affect games, depends on what settings you have on, some games crash or wont work with certain settings toogled on while other work just fine, and it seems you have no idea at all what settings you have on...

Does RE4 support wide screen? I think I had that turned on. The version on wiiUSB helper says it's a beta version so I don't know. I haven't modded the wii part of my wiiU yet. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't need to because I already have a softmodded wii. But for Nintendont is it worth it then I guess?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?