Hacking Nintendont

Jimmy_Threecocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe your ninconfig got corrupted and you need a new one? or sd card is locked? or no more space to creat save files in the drive?
Deleting the ninconfig and renaming the "saves" folder worked, but if rename the original folder back to "saves" then it tells me that the memory card can't be used. It's cool that it's working now at least, but is there a good way to transfer those saves over and make them usable again?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleting the ninconfig and renaming the "saves" folder worked, but if rename the original folder back to "saves" then it tells me that the memory card can't be used. It's cool that it's working now at least, but is there a good way to transfer those saves over and make them usable again?
If they are supposed to be 251 blocks, make sure they are all 2,097,152 bytes. 59 blocks should be 524,288 bytes. Anything over 251 Blocks should be avoided if possible.

Also you can use Dolphin's Memory Card Manager to transfer the actual game save inside the RAW memory card file if it's not corrupt.

https://dolphin-emu.org

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
maybe the folder itself got some problem or some specific save you have, you can try just passing raw files one by one into the new saves folder to see when that error pops up to find the bad apple.

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting what I've already said in the Nintendont Forwarder thread. Basically, I just want to run Nintendont with the Gamepad as a controller, and have BBA emulation.
I can load Nintendont from vWii just fine, but that lacks Gamepad functionality regardless of settings.
I've managed to load into the Homebrew Channel from the Wii U Homebrew launcher, but the Gamepad doesn't seem to work as a controller.
Finally, I've tried several methods of running a forwarder (or just booting in to Nintendont) using TeconMoon's injector (both Wii Homebrew mode and Gamecube iso mode). But Loadliine just gives me a black screen, and I always get sig errors when trying to install them as icons.

Any advice is appreciated.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Posting what I've already said in the Nintendont Forwarder thread. Basically, I just want to run Nintendont with the Gamepad as a controller, and have BBA emulation.
I can load Nintendont from vWii just fine, but that lacks Gamepad functionality regardless of settings.
I've managed to load into the Homebrew Channel from the Wii U Homebrew launcher, but the Gamepad doesn't seem to work as a controller.
Finally, I've tried several methods of running a forwarder (or just booting in to Nintendont) using TeconMoon's injector (both Wii Homebrew mode and Gamecube iso mode). But Loadliine just gives me a black screen, and I always get sig errors when trying to install them as icons.

Any advice is appreciated.
you can try my fowarder it works with gamepad https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qa...28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file
do remenber latest nintendont chnaged the menu which made old nintendont settings not work, you sou need to redo your settings and choose wiiugamepad as 1 to be player one.

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try my fowarder it works with gamepad https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qacy3cxpmawe3/Nintendont_%28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file
do remenber latest nintendont chnaged the menu which made old nintendont settings not work, you sou need to redo your settings and choose wiiugamepad as 1 to be player one.
I don't doubt that it works great, but I still get the same sig error when I try any WUP installer.

EDIT: I 'm dumb, I didn't hold B to actually boot cfw before entering the HBL

Last edited by Nukatha,

Jimmy_Threecocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are supposed to be 251 blocks, make sure they are all 2,097,152 bytes. 59 blocks should be 524,288 bytes. Anything over 251 Blocks should be avoided if possible.

Also you can use Dolphin's Memory Card Manager to transfer the actual game save inside the RAW memory card file if it's not corrupt.

https://dolphin-emu.org
This was the problem. A few of the saves were different sizes. Thank you!

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I want to report a problem with PoP Warrior Within.
The forced widescreen causes several glitches in the game. I was playing yesterday and the game crashed when I was climbing on some ledges and the camera got stuck in a battle against a troll or golem (I don't know what it was exactly) without being able to do anything but restart. Also in certain cinematics it causes dubbing of the voices not to be heard. I thought would be typical bugs of the game, but I think the forced widescreen cause those glitches.
I've NTSC game and matches the MD5 of the redump web so I don't think it's a problem of corruption.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I want to report a problem with PoP Warrior Within.
The forced widescreen causes several glitches in the game. I was playing yesterday and the game crashed when I was climbing on some ledges and the camera got stuck in a battle against a troll or golem (I don't know what it was exactly) without being able to do anything but restart. Also in certain cinematics it causes dubbing of the voices not to be heard. I thought would be typical bugs of the game, but I think the forced widescreen cause those glitches.
I've NTSC game and matches the MD5 of the redump web so I don't think it's a problem of corruption.
do remenber widescreen is an hack same with any of the forced options so hacks are never 100% guaranteed for some games they work, for some they dont and for some they crash, the widescreen is a general hack it affects every game diferently.

you can use a custom cheatcode to get a gamespecific widescreen

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....ia:_Warrior_Within#16:9_Widescreen_Gecko_Code

Reactions: ca032769

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
do remenber widescreen is an hack same with any of the forced options so hacks are never 100% guaranteed for some games they work, for some they dont and for some they crash, the widescreen is a general hack it affects every game diferently.

you can use a custom cheatcode to get a gamespecific widescreen

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....ia:_Warrior_Within#16:9_Widescreen_Gecko_Code
I tried to use that cheatcode and still continues with the same bugs, so it's better to turn off the forced widescreen for this game, I think. I just wanted to comment on it in case anyone is going to play it and wants to avoid this.

Reactions: snoofly

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried to use that cheatcode and still continues with the same bugs, so it's better to turn off the forced widescreen for this game, I think. I just wanted to comment on it in case anyone is going to play it and wants to avoid this.
you need to use the cheatcode and have forced widescreen set to off, or else the general widescreen hack will still happen.

altough you might need to convert the cheatcode
Nintendont has problems with C2 code types you need to find the decrypted AR codes for best cheat compatibility on Nintendont.

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
you need to use the cheatcode and have forced widescreen set to off, or else the general widescreen hack will still happen.

altough you might need to convert the cheatcode
Nintendont has problems with C2 code types you need to find the decrypted AR codes for best cheat compatibility on Nintendont.
Yes, that's what I did before I turned on the cheat, turn off the force widescreen . Also that cheatcode is in readable Wiird format to be able to use it on Nintendont so no conversion would be necessary.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, that's what I did before I turned on the cheat, turn off the force widescreen . Also that cheatcode is in readable Wiird format to be able to use it on Nintendont so no conversion would be necessary.
nintendont is diferent, some memory allocations are diferent so some cheats dont work correctly or at all due to that, specially c2 cheats.

Last edited by pedro702,

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
nintendont is diferent, some memory allocations are diferent so some cheats dont work correctly or at all due to that, specially c2e cheats.
Hmm probably... Now I understand why Eternal Darkness activating the infinite health cheatcode makes some bosses invincible like the boss from chapter 7 or 8, I don't remember now.

Netossauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone.
I would like to know if it's possible to invert the camera on Zelda Twilight Princess and Zelda Windwaker using nintendont? I have found some posts saying that it is possible using cheat codes (bellow) but I don´t know how to add them.

Any help is useful, Iam eager to play these games, but I get annoyed with this camera inverted.

I got these codes from a guy on reddit.

040CE9C0 EC010028
0416D7C0 FC20D050
041781F0 FC20B850
0417D030 FC207050

azy77

Trophies
XP
Country
If you did not see it yet, I was able to unlock the wiiu wii mode to run the cpu at 1.215ghz instead of the standard wii 729mhz so I've updated nintendont to support this higher clock rate.
-added timer values when running on a wiiu with the cpu clocked up at 1.215ghz
-added string in displayed version to indicate when the wiiu cpu runs that higher clock

Sorry for quoting a 4 yrs old post.
Just to clarify, do you have to run c2w sign patcher before running nintendont or is it already unlocked by default? I have nintendont channel installed on usb hard drive (on wiiu homescreen) and games on sd card.
Thanks.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using original wii: How to widescreen hack metroid prime (and 2) to look like this:

upload_2021-7-7_17-36-43.png

In the wii version, the hud is stretched. I did not find it anywhere

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using original wii: How to widescreen hack metroid prime (and 2) to look like this:

View attachment 269454

In the wii version, the hud is stretched. I did not find it anywhere
wii version is diferent the gc version is the gc version, turn on force widescreen to get 16:9, if the hud is not to your licking then you would need to make yourself a custom widescreen code to not adjust the hud.

Reactions: almmiron

raffur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm reporting an issue with 007 Agent Under Fire, both Version 1.0 and its first revision.

Game : 007 Agent Under Fire (USA) 1.00 AND Revision 1
Describe Issue : When loading levels with FMV's at the beginning, most notably, the on-rails missions and the driving missions, the game will play the intro FMV sometimes instead of the correct FMV for that mission. Other times, The mission will load with the correct FMV, but if there is an FMV in the middle of the mission (ex. Streets of Bucharest), either it will play the intro FMV, or it will bring up the splash screen for another of the driving missions, in this case, Dangerous Pursuit, and crash the game in both of these cases.
Region : USA
Wii/Wii U : Wii RVL-001
Nintendont revision : May 29th (i believe, I just updated it with the link at the beginning of the thread.)
Last known working revision (if any) : I've only tested the revision I had prior to updating, which was a November 2020 Revision
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : None, only nintendont.
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB Pen x3
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size :
-Unknown College USB Stick (Fat32, 2gb, 32kb cluster size, works with other games)
-Kingston Data Traveler G3 (Fat32, 4gb, unknown Cluster Size, works with other games)
-Unknown Insurance Agency USB Stick (Fat32, 4gb, 32kb Cluster Size, works with other games)
ISO 1:1/compressed : Version 1.0 (1:1) Revision 1 (compressed)
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real Memory Card, 256 Blocks (i think, dont remember the exact value, but its around 250)
Native on/off : Off
Controller used if Native off : Gamecube Controller
Composite/Component/HDMI : Component outputting 480i
Anything else you want to explain: Every other game I've tried across these multiple USB drives has worked without a hitch, but 007: Agent Under Fire is having such a strange issue. I've been stuck on Streets of Bucharest due to this issue, which means I have not been able to test out the other levels, but in Streets of Bucharest, Dangerous Pursuit, and even Precious Cargo, the FMV corresponding for that mission does not play, and the FMV for the intro of the game plays, and then crashes the game once the FMV is complete.

No widescreen hacks, no memory card emulation, most, if not all options are left at their default setting.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, I'm reporting an issue with 007 Agent Under Fire, both Version 1.0 and its first revision.

Game : 007 Agent Under Fire (USA) 1.00 AND Revision 1
Describe Issue : When loading levels with FMV's at the beginning, most notably, the on-rails missions and the driving missions, the game will play the intro FMV sometimes instead of the correct FMV for that mission. Other times, The mission will load with the correct FMV, but if there is an FMV in the middle of the mission (ex. Streets of Bucharest), either it will play the intro FMV, or it will bring up the splash screen for another of the driving missions, in this case, Dangerous Pursuit, and crash the game in both of these cases.
Region : USA
Wii/Wii U : Wii RVL-001
Nintendont revision : May 29th (i believe, I just updated it with the link at the beginning of the thread.)
Last known working revision (if any) : I've only tested the revision I had prior to updating, which was a November 2020 Revision
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : None, only nintendont.
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB Pen x3
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size :
-Unknown College USB Stick (Fat32, 2gb, 32kb cluster size, works with other games)
-Kingston Data Traveler G3 (Fat32, 4gb, unknown Cluster Size, works with other games)
-Unknown Insurance Agency USB Stick (Fat32, 4gb, 32kb Cluster Size, works with other games)
ISO 1:1/compressed : Version 1.0 (1:1) Revision 1 (compressed)
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real Memory Card, 256 Blocks (i think, dont remember the exact value, but its around 250)
Native on/off : Off
Controller used if Native off : Gamecube Controller
Composite/Component/HDMI : Component outputting 480i
Anything else you want to explain: Every other game I've tried across these multiple USB drives has worked without a hitch, but 007: Agent Under Fire is having such a strange issue. I've been stuck on Streets of Bucharest due to this issue, which means I have not been able to test out the other levels, but in Streets of Bucharest, Dangerous Pursuit, and even Precious Cargo, the FMV corresponding for that mission does not play, and the FMV for the intro of the game plays, and then crashes the game once the FMV is complete.

No widescreen hacks, no memory card emulation, most, if not all options are left at their default setting.
take a picture of your nintendont settings, lots of people think they have default settings when they dont, i played the entire game on nintendont without any issues some years ago.

also a full 1.35gb iso with md5 matching redump is always the best compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1