Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It didnt work.
if it didnt work you are probably modifying the iso before putting it on the sd/usb

you can see that if you used a program to touch the iso the md5 afterwards wont match because you are breaking the iso alligment and any audiostreaming game will fail to work on nintendont.

so open your usb/sd and check the md5 of the iso inside your storage device not on the pc, but the one inside the games folder, that must match redump.

Thelunatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if it didnt work you are probably modifying the iso before putting it on the sd/usb

you can see that if you used a program to touch the iso the md5 afterwards wont match because you are breaking the iso alligment and any audiostreaming game will fail to work on nintendont.

so open your usb/sd and check the md5 of the iso inside your storage device not on the pc, but the one inside the games folder, that must match redump.
The iso on my usb matches the MD5 and SHA-1 of the redump, but it doesnt match the hash

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i figured out Fairly OddParents, The: Shadow Showdown Thelunatic problem.

Searched google and found 4 people with the same issue and they were all from Spanish speaking country's so my guess was Spanish language.

The game has a dummy Spanish language mode which nintendont loads and then shows the message "no String" and black screens so force language to English in nintendont settings and the game will work correctly.

Reactions: KungBore and ber71

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Searched google and found 4 people with the same issue and they were all from Spanish speaking country's so my guess was Spanish language.

The game has a dummy Spanish language mode which nintendont loads and then shows the message "no String" and black screens so force language to English in nintendont settings and the game will work correctly.
It is interesting to see more games that weren't properly finished.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is interesting to see more games that weren't properly finished.
yeah the best was that bmx game which name escapes me, where devs left a dummy 480p file and even on real gamecubes if you had component cables the game would blackscreen and not start if you started the game with 480p lol

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the best was that bmx game which name escapes me, where devs left a dummy 480p file and even on real gamecubes if you had component cables the game would blackscreen and not start if you started the game with 480p lol
I remember that with Nintendont a special exception had to be made so prevent that game from running in progressive.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

In hindsight, the error message tipped us off. There are no Spanish strings.

How these games passed lot check is beyond me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In hindsight, the error message tipped us off. There are no Spanish strings.

How these games passed lot check is beyond me.
well the game was only released in usa and tbh could ntsc gamecube consoles be set to Spanish? probably not so unless you used a region mod and used a pal Spanish language gamecube no one would ever see this error i guess.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the game was only released in usa and tbh could ntsc gamecube consoles be set to Spanish? probably not so unless you used a region mod and used a pal Spanish language gamecube no one would ever see this error i guess.
I believe you could choose English, French and Spanish. I’ll have to double check.

EDIT: I take that back. I thought you could since NTSC-U goes for all of North America which uses all 3 languages.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe you could choose English, French and Spanish. I’ll have to double check.

EDIT: I take that back. I thought you could since NTSC-U goes for all of North America which uses all 3 languages.
yup they didn't care for the rest of America just English on ntscu so yeah unless you hacked this game it would never run with Spanish language, maybe they wanted a latter pal release that as cancelled.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are there French resources?
well yes, same issues as Spanish i think they left all the dummy files of all languages there but only English actually has a code to load the files next, they just left the entire language options turn on while having no code to follow if you force dutch,Italian Japanese , any language that the gc devkits had besides English it will get the error.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yeah. Back then, Nintendo didnt really care much about Latin America at the time, so pretty much all consoles and games before NDS only had english, with a few very few exceptions.

NikoozFreymouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
1 is gamepad as player 1 and 2 as 2 and so on, many games only allow player 1 to control the game so leave it at 1, also do remember the settings are only saved if you start a game without exiting nintendont so

start nintendont, choose sd/usb, press x/1 to access settings, choose what you want then press x/1 to go back to game selection menu, start any game in the list, if you exit nintendont by pressing home, no settings will be saved you need to start a game.
Hello, I have the same problem, updated Nintendont, reseted my settings, my gamepad is set as player 1, but it doesn't work.

Any solution ?
Thx a lot !

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
updated nintendont to 494

Fix The Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown "no String"
Made sure no matter your console language or forced language in nintendont settings the game The Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown runs with english language so it doesnt crash at the no string issue due to dummy language files.

Hello, I have the same problem, updated Nintendont, reseted my settings, my gamepad is set as player 1, but it doesn't work.

Any solution ?
Thx a lot !
you sure you saved your settings? you must start a game without leaving nintendont app so the game does save your settings, if you change the settings and then exit by pressing home or exit the settings arent saved.

also make sure you dont have a wiiu gc adapter connected with controller in port 1.

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
injects start with no gamepad control even though i resaved config in nintendont with wiiu gamepad slot :1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you are talking about the injects that start the game automatically, those you cant set any settings since the game skips nintendont menu and starts the game right away, i fo have a nintendont solo wiiuvc inject where i start from nintendont menu and i can chnage the settings and then start games from sd card.

if you have the first injects and cant make settings before game starts its easy, go to vwii and start nintendont normally from home-brew channel, as along as you have a game on sd you can save by starting any game.
i confirm that latest version breaks inject gamepad compatibility.

NikoozFreymouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
updated nintendont to 494

Fix The Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown "no String"
Made sure no matter your console language or forced language in nintendont settings the game The Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown runs with english language so it doesnt crash at the no string issue due to dummy language files.

you sure you saved your settings? you must start a game without leaving nintendont app so the game does save your settings, if you change the settings and then exit by pressing home or exit the settings arent saved.

also make sure you dont have a wiiu gc adapter connected with controller in port 1.

Hello ! Thanks for your answer.
I have just updated Nintendont from 493 to 494, and yes I started a game within nintendont to save my settings, Wii U gamepad set to slot 1, no gamecube adapter plugged... Forced my games to progressive scan, wii U widescreen enabled, memcard emulation 59 blocks, BBA enabled.

And the Wii U Gamepad doesn't work in injection mode indeed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1