Hacking Nintendont

Kontrarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems obvious that this would work as it is essentially just a pro controller but I just wanted confirmation by anyone who owns one before I make a purchase.
Does the PDP Wired Fight Pad for Wii U work when plugged in to the Wiimote for GCN games.
My son want's to play Luigi's Mansion but the onscreen instructions are confusing to him because they show GCN buttons which don't always line up with the Wii U Gamepad.
Here's a link to what I was thinking about getting: https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Fight-Pad-nintendo-u/dp/B00P8A8OIC/

61HsGbQHK4L._AC_.jpg

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a silly thing to bring up because it's not really an issue, cause it works fine. I mentioned this in the USB Loader GX thread, and learned it's Nintendont's thing so I'm mentioning here.

But essentially, when a game is booted through USB Loader GX with Autoboot, it just stays on a black screen without displaying any information unless needed (like an error or creating memory card file).

Had a reply there about it:
Nintendont doesn't display anything when it's started by sending it the config in memory anymore unless there's a problem or the memory card file needs to be created.

It would be nice to have an option for that or at least a minimal splash screen.

I agree with this, I think it'd be nice if there was a toggle for a minimal loading/splash screen during the transition, to show it's working fine. Though I kinda like "seamless" black screen transition and I can understand why it does that, even if it does take a little bit to work. Just wanted to put that out there.

Cheers.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could get an actual gamecube controller preferably, this controller does not have analog triggers which are used in many gc titles.

this one emulates a wii controller classic controller (the wiiu is on there only for marketing). yes itll work, but no analog
Such as Luigi's Mansion.

Kontrarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know that about the shoulder buttons not being analogue.
Thanks for the heads up!
With an actual GCN controller I would need an adapter though.
An actual GCN controller plus an adapter is a lot more money than $15 and a bit more setup.
I'm trying to keep things simple for my 9 year old son and cheap on my wallet.
Obviously the no analogue shoulders is a deal breaker.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm thinking that since the Wii Pro controller didn't have analogue shoulders, that anything that could possible plug in to a Wiimote is not going to work.
So adapter is the only option...
I'll search Craigslist for a GCN controller.
What's the preferred adapter, Mayflash?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know that about the shoulder buttons not being analogue.
Thanks for the heads up!
With an actual GCN controller I would need an adapter though.
An actual GCN controller plus an adapter is a lot more money than $15 and a bit more setup.
I'm trying to keep things simple for my 9 year old son and cheap on my wallet.
Obviously the no analogue shoulders is a deal breaker.

I'm thinking that since the Wii Pro controller didn't have analogue shoulders, that anything that could possible plug in to a Wiimote is not going to work.
So adapter is the only option...
I'll search Craigslist for a GCN controller.
What's the preferred adapter, Mayflash?
Or Nintendo's.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original classic controller has analog shoulder buttons but I always found it difficult to hold on to. It's like a Tylenol capsule with grease on it. :/

Kontrarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like mayflash makes one that plugs into the wiimote:
201603221646032567.jpg

But does it support analogue shoulders....?

The original classic controller has analog shoulder buttons but I always found it difficult to hold on to. It's like a Tylenol capsule with grease on it. :/

Hmmm...
Then maybe the Wiimote adapter does support analogue shoulders.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like mayflash makes one that plugs into the wiimote:
201603221646032567.jpg

But does it support analogue shoulders....?

Hmmm...
Then maybe the Wiimote adapter does support analogue shoulders.
It should as the original classic controller that plugs into the Wiimote has analog triggers. You just can't have rumble on the GC controller.

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i startet MKAGP and MKAGP2 and at the save folder at the sd card root i only can find the GGPE.raw
if is start the MKAGP2 the file was saved but the save file for MKAGP was missing.
the games i play was GGP01 with MD5 59eccd51f04664c9667900c9ebdec4f7 and
GGP02 with MD5 70f261a2f10d00c7d77b4fd13307843a.
as i told i think the save file for GGP01 is missing, because it didn't save the game state at the data card.

the files GP1.bin and GP2.bin are in the save folder.

Last edited by nintendowii,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i startet MKAGP and MKAGP2 and at the save folder at the sd card root i only can find the GGPE.raw
if is start the MKAGP2 the file was saved but the save file for MKAGP was missing.
the games i play was GGP01 with MD5 59eccd51f04664c9667900c9ebdec4f7 and
GGP02 with MD5 70f261a2f10d00c7d77b4fd13307843a.
as i told i think the save file for GGP01 is missing, because it didn't save the game state at the data card.

the files GP1.bin and GP2.bin are in the save folder.
raw is usless, the mkgp save files are bin files on the saves folder.

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have GP1.bin but it didn't save the save state of the races. what is going wrong?
when i open the file with a text editor the file is empty but i finished the 1st GP with the 1 place.

GP2.bin has something written in it and starts with MKA2

Anyone has a good GP1.bin save file for me?

Last edited by nintendowii,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have GP1.bin but it didn't save the save state of the races. what is going wrong?
when i open the file with a text editor the file is empty but i finished the 1st GP with the 1 place.

GP2.bin has something written in it and starts with MKA2

Anyone has a good GP1.bin save file for me?
how did you saved?

to save you do this, after finishing a race it tells you want to continue? you say no an then it will show saving and when it says to remove the card wait like 10 seconds and then reset your wii/wiiu or shut it down.

Reactions: nintendowii

frsmkii

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I configured Nintendont to work with USBLoaderGX. But whenever I boot a game from USBLoaderGX this sends me to the Nintendont GUI, thus defeating the purpose of using USBLoaderGx. What am I doing wrong?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I configured Nintendont to work with USBLoaderGX. But whenever I boot a game from USBLoaderGX this sends me to the Nintendont GUI, thus defeating the purpose of using USBLoaderGx. What am I doing wrong?

Either one of both of them is out of date or you have autoboot off in GX.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have the latest nintendon't build and I got the wii u forwarder in this very forum. I forgot who made it but it does the job except for these issues so I have a few questions regarding nintendont being launched though wiiVC (for gamepad compatibility):

1- is it possible to enable the rumble feature on the gamepad? player 2 rumble on wiiu pro works just fine.
2- is it possible to set a button combo on the gamepad to return to the nintendont loader? something like ZR+ZL+minus (since the gc controller doesn't have a select button they wouldn't interfere, right?).
3- is it possible to change what the home button on the gamepad does? sometimes I press it instinctively to look at the battery state or hour (as I do in wii u mode normally) but it closes nintendont and brings me back to wii u menu. It would be great if it behaved just like any other wiiVC or at least let the button do nothing at all to prevent this.
4- making the power button on the wii u console actually turn off the console as it would normally do on any other wiiVC title instead of rebooting the whole system.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible to return to Nintendont directly from a GC game under any circumstances as the PPC portion of the loader is replaced with the game when it gets started.

Reactions: september796

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy