Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, I need some help with something KINDA related to Nintendont?
See, I finished Fire Emblem (black screens and all) and I'd like to play the Wii game now. (you know, with the "inherited" save from the GCN game etc)
A friend will lend me a real GCN MC tomorrow so I can transfer the EmuMC save file onto it and then continue from the Wii game.
Thing is, I'm not sure how to do this...
Can anybody help me out?
Basically, what I need is to make a backup of the REAL MC (just in case something goes wrong), "inject" Nintendonts EmuMC into the REAL MC, start the Wii game, create a save file (at which point I'm assuming the REAL MC would no longer be needed since the Wii game already has a save file with that info?) and then, restore the ORIGINAL info onto the REAL MC (in case the process messed with his save files etc)
Can it be done? and How?
Thanks!
it can easily be done with an homebrew app called
GCMM

it alolws you to dumo the memorycard to the sd card and injecting gcis into original gc mc inserted on the wii

so basicaly put the mc on the wii and use this app to dump it raw.
then use dolphin on the pc and extrac your nintendont firemblem save into a single gci file and put it on the sd card, then inject the gci file on the real memory card using this gcmm again and profit?

dkn how fire emble stuff is unlocked it it needs the memroy card inserted every time or if its a one time deal tbh.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: sideskroll

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooooo, the other night was the first time I used the "force progressive scan" setting in Nintendont. I usually select "yes" when the game loads. But this option, most of the games look a LOT better!

ziedxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody, I am having troubles to make multiple HID controllers to work.
I'm using Nintendont v2.277 and im using a Microlab Twin USB Joystick (2 joysticks in 1 port). I used the HID Test to make my own controller.ini and it works well for just one controller. The thing is i want to play with both for multiplayer :) . I have set MultiIn=2 and i dont know how to set the MultiInValue. When i set it to MultiInValue=1 both controllers work but with issues (character moves then stops moves then stops)

This is my controller.ini right now

[Twin USB Gamepad]
VID=0810
PID=0001
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
MultiIn=2
MultiInValue=1
DigitalLR=1
A=5,40
B=5,80
X=5,20
Y=5,10
Z=6,08
L=6,01
R=6,02
S=6,20
Power=6,10
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=2
CStickY=1
RAnalog=0
LAnalog=0
Rumble=1
RumbleType=0
RumbleDataLen=05
Btw if you have nintendont mastermod 2.229 send me a link to download it please i really need it urgently to fix the controllers

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
it can easily be done with an homebrew app called
GCMM

it alolws you to dumo the memorycard to the sd card and injecting gcis into original gc mc inserted on the wii

so basicaly put the mc on the wii and use this app to dump it raw.
then use dolphin on the pc and extrac your nintendont firemblem save into a single gci file and put it on the sd card, then inject the gci file on the real memory card using this gcmm again and profit?

dkn how fire emble stuff is unlocked it it needs the memroy card inserted every time or if its a one time deal tbh.
Thank you @pedro702 , I appreciate it.
So just to be sure, once I inject the save onto the MC all saves and everything that is in it gets replaced by the save or does it get added?

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
that is a known issue it happens when on the ships too its a random issue that garbles the life and the a/b metter for some reason but its random.

played the enteri star wars games and this never happened take a picture of your nintendont settings, it could be you are using a forced setting or have a bad iso.
Ow thats a bummer. So just a bug inside of Nintendont and not like a video setting then right?

Smitty920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The internal SD Slot is slower than it should be. Using the same SD card in a USB adapter resolves any freezing due to slow loading.

I tried a different SD card, and it seemed to get rid of the freezing issue. The one used before was quite old, and made by some obscure manufacturer.

WestJake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's only on my Wii, or every game which i played, where the widescreen function make the games really widescreen (and by Nintendont compatibility list should work without issues), have problem with dissapearing objects on sides of screen? For example: Pandora Tomorrow, XIII, Hunter: The Reckogning.....It's really annoying and I rather play it in 4:3 ratio.

ntnavy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It's only on my Wii, or every game which i played, where the widescreen function make the games really widescreen (and by Nintendont compatibility list should work without issues), have problem with dissapearing objects on sides of screen? For example: Pandora Tomorrow, XIII, Hunter: The Reckogning.....It's really annoying and I rather play it in 4:3 ratio.
Thats the way the widescreen hack works with most games (is the same if you use dolphin). There a are a few games that are patched to deactivate the culling while using widescreen option in nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games are designed with 4:3 in mind and actually will render some elements that are partially out of the 4:3 viewing range so they don't get chopped when the camera rotates them into view. I believe that Paper Mario Thousand Year Door does that as when you enabled widescreen you would see the objects that were rendered out of the 4:3 viewing range but weren't fully rendered yet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
take into account nintendont widescreen tab on the compat list is very outdated and badly filled most people saw stretched 4:3 and clicked widescreen working back then, and yeah most games have that coded becuase they were never meant to be widescreen so the devs had additional codes to make gfx and stuff disapear outside of the 4:3 window to save recources, those games would need a pergame patch to get increase that setting as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after some trial and error, I finally got game saves to work without the memory card being corrupted. I had to use gcn memory card recovery on the corrupted raw image to get gci's of each game. then, I used the dolphin method and injected the saves into a blank raw image. strange that the memory card image got corrupted considering the memory cards work fine in my wii. don't know what could've happened to the raw image.

ziedxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works mean's its compatible just an issue having with it im looking for nintendont mastermod v2.229 because later version broke the adapter.Or ATLEAST a suggestion what i can do

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It works mean's its compatible just an issue having with it im looking for nintendont mastermod v2.229 because later version broke the adapter.Or ATLEAST a suggestion what i can do
230 changed the usb codding for hdds, no hid thing was changed, also manny games will not work on that version and mastermd isnt even official nintendont so ask on their mod thread?

ziedxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
230 changed the usb codding for hdds, no hid thing was changed, also manny games will not work on that version and mastermd isnt even official nintendont so ask on their mod thread?
K trash what i said about the mastermod and can you check my ini configuration and atleast tell me what i can do?

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make it so that nintendont only loads the hidden drive on wiiu so we can finally get multihdd support? I don't understand why you guys call 2 hard drives in a wiiu an "unusual setup" as lot's of wiiu's or only 8gb internal memory and GC games and WiiU games can't be stored on a single drive...

Wii games work great it's just nintendont at this point

thatsage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, some noob questions ^^ Any help will be appreciated.

1. Is it possible to sync my DS4 controller with the console to use Bluetooth connection for GC games?
2. Which gamepads support Rumble? Not getting vibration on my DS4 through USB :(

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, some noob questions ^^ Any help will be appreciated.

1. Is it possible to sync my DS4 controller with the console to use Bluetooth connection for GC games?
2. Which gamepads support Rumble? Not getting vibration on my DS4 through USB :(
DS3 and DS4 will never work using Bluetooth.

I could never get it to rumble either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...