Hacking Nintendont

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those Games werent actualy games thats why the roms dont exist, they were like slot machines(but not they were some wierd jap money game between flippers and slot machines) that played certain animations whenever you won or lost money, so yeah no roms exist becuase they werent full on games and they cant be played at all if you ever had a rom all you could do is play the animations lol.
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Kinda off topic but there's a large community dedicated to being able to play real pinball tables on a computer. I don't know exactly how they did it and I'm not trying to suggest that this happens with those games or that this should work in nintendont. I'm just stating that just because there are physical elements to the game doesn't mean it can't be recreated. If you've never seen or heard of this before check out this video in the spoiler of my favorite table.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
nitendont sometimes destroys the saves and games on usb flash
How it can cure?

THX.
As Pedro said, Nintendont only reads files off the USB device, the only writing happens with the raw file, very early versions of Nintendont would corrupt your save file if you exit the game in a bad timing "it was a 50/50 chance" but it's been fixed long time ago so my guess is you're either using a very old version of Nintendont "which is unlikely" or most likely your USB is slowly wearing off.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Kinda off topic but there's a large community dedicated to being able to play real pinball tables on a computer. I don't know exactly how they did it and I'm not trying to suggest that this happens with those games or that this should work in nintendont. I'm just stating that just because there are physical elements to the game doesn't mean it can't be recreated. If you've never seen or heard of this before check out this video in the spoiler of my favorite table.

How can you play a physical pinball on a computer? :o

Megasxiii

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As Pedro said, Nintendont only reads files off the USB device, the only writing happens with the raw file, very early versions of Nintendont would corrupt your save file if you exit the game in a bad timing "it was a 50/50 chance" but it's been fixed long time ago so my guess is you're either using a very old version of Nintendont "which is unlikely" or most likely your USB is slowly wearing off.
THX.
I use lastest version Nintendont, and i correct quit, i check my usb flash.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Like i said it was not pinbal it was a wierd money game, and even if it was pinbal are you even thinking the ammount of work that would take basicaly someone would need to make a pinbal game by modeling, texturing it, add colisions to it, make the phisics, then it would have to be connected to nintendont and be runned silmutaneosly as the triforce iso and when key spots were hit play the animations, so basicaly nintendont would need to run the triforce iso and the pinball game at the same time wich would likely not work we are on a wii with a very low processing power and nintendont almost uses it all to emulate some gc components and nintendont patches so the games run, we arent on a multicore pc nintendont wouldnt be fast enough to play a pinball game with advanced phisics and calculations and run a triforce iso at the same time.

Also like i said it wasnt a pinball game
Donkey-Kong-Banana-Kingdom.jpg

this is no pinbal game this is a wierd jap only game we dont even know how it plays i saw a video once and its a vertical game were balls drop and its about balancing them or somehting to reach the correct place or something along those lines, but yeah not pinbal at all.

Last edited by pedro702,

GIngaRanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simplest question: Regardless I have read the 2 page tutorial dedicated to Controllers...:
Is the standard Bluetooth Wii Mote controller compatible? or maybe I need nunchuk?
Tnx

I have been trying to use an official wiimote with or without nunchuks and nothing seems to work. Please let me know if you find a solution

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like i said it was not pinbal it was a wierd money game, and even if it was pinbal are you even thinking the ammount of work that would take basicaly someone would need to make a pinbal game by modeling, texturing it, add colisions to it, make the phisics, then it would have to be connected to nintendont and be runned silmutaneosly as the triforce iso and when key spots were hit play the animations, so basicaly nintendont would need to run the triforce iso and the pinball game at the same time wich would likely not work we are on a wii with a very low processing power and nintendont almost uses it all to emulate some gc components and nintendont patches so the games run, we arent on a multicore pc nintendont wouldnt be fast enough to play a pinball game with advanced phisics and calculations and run a triforce iso at the same time.

this is no pinbal game this is a wierd jap only game we dont even know how it plays i saw a video once and its a vertical game were balls drop and its about balancing them or somehting to reach the correct place or something along those lines, but yeah not pinbal at all.
Yeah, in no way was I trying to suggest that a game like that be recreated in nintendont. I don't even have the slightest idea how people were able to digitize physical pinball tables and make them playable on a computer. I was just trying to say that anything is possible if you have enough dedicated people willing to put forth the effort.

Megasxiii

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have been trying to use an official wiimote with or without nunchuks and nothing seems to work. Please let me know if you find a solution
wiimote with nunchuks works but very strange.
1) you cannot change the control
2) not enough buttons and a gyroscope is used, it is impossible to play

I use classic controller pro, very well.

danialbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! very new to nintendont
I have installed (loader v3.387) + cfgusbloader v70r78 on Wii and I have the following questions:
1) When launching from cfgusbloader, HOME button freezes and I have to remove power (does not happen if I launch from Homebrew)
2) From Homebrew 'B' change settings, then Home - restart but setting don't get saved
3) On cfgusbloader I have selected gamecube loader but within games options I cannot find the nintendont specifics such as Progressive etc.
Is there a detailed settings explanation? Thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i
Hi! very new to nintendont
I have installed (loader v3.387) + cfgusbloader v70r78 on Wii and I have the following questions:
1) When launching from cfgusbloader, HOME button freezes and I have to remove power (does not happen if I launch from Homebrew)
2) From Homebrew 'B' change settings, then Home - restart but setting don't get saved
3) On cfgusbloader I have selected gamecube loader but within games options I cannot find the nintendont specifics such as Progressive etc.
Is there a detailed settings explanation? Thanks
Probably cfg loader was never updated with all nintendont options i guess, that isnt nintendont team fault, you need to ask them to do it. Why do you press B and exit when choosing settings? settings are only save after the game is started.

if it freezes is becuase you are using a cfg fowarder without a full stub therefore nintendont cant return becuase it doesnt have the entire info needed to return to a fowarder.

danialbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i

Probably cfg loader was never updated with all nintendont options i guess, that isnt nintendont team fault, you need to ask them to do it. Why do you press B and exit when choosing settings? settings are only save after the game is started.

if it freezes is becuase you are using a cfg fowarder without a full stub therefore nintendont cant return becuase it doesnt have the entire info needed to return to a fowarder.

Thanks a lot pedro702 for the quick reply
You are right, configs are saved after the game start, it works now
It is not trivial to associate options between nintendont and cfgusbloader: I fond that PAD HOOK=Native control, Video can be set to Force 480p etc.
I will definitely install a forwarder, I have a few games and don't care about UI

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks a lot pedro702 for the quick reply
You are right, configs are saved after the game start, it works now
It is not trivial to associate options between nintendont and cfgusbloader: I fond that PAD HOOK=Native control, Video can be set to Force 480p etc.
I will definitely install a forwarder, I have a few games and don't care about UI
best way is to use nintendont directly from homebrew channel that way everything works nicely.

GIngaRanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiimote with nunchuks works but very strange.
1) you cannot change the control
2) not enough buttons and a gyroscope is used, it is impossible to play

I use classic controller pro, very well.

Yeah I'm actually using classic controller pro plugged into wiimote. Still doesn't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i

Why did you quote me and say "i"?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

In all fairness he did says in his initial post that he did not suggest the same to be done with Nintendont, he only pointed out that what we may think is impossible has been done before.

Also, since we know nothing about this game other than it uses the Triforce engine, then for all we know there might be a video of some sort that plays while the game is running, a video that Nintendont should be cabable of running, I'm not saying that the game needs to be found and dumped then converted to work with Nintendont but it wouldn't hurt if someone looked into it to find out what it really is.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In all fairness he did says in his initial post that he did not suggest the same to be done with Nintendont, he only pointed out that what we may think is impossible has been done before.

Also, since we know nothing about this game other than it uses the Triforce engine, then for all we know there might be a video of some sort that plays while the game is running, a video that Nintendont should be cabable of running, I'm not saying that the game needs to be found and dumped then converted to work with Nintendont but it wouldn't hurt if someone looked into it to find out what it really is.
Fix was already hunting triforce games thats where he got that baseball game and such, those dumps are nowhere to be found so if you find them let us know.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun story... I visited a "gaming bar" last night and it was fullllll of dudes playing modified versions of Smash on a ton of wii's running nintendont... lol! I wonder how long they are going to get away with it... they had at least 20 consoles of it running (pretty much every station :P ).

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun story... I visited a "gaming bar" last night and it was fullllll of dudes playing modified versions of Smash on a ton of wii's running nintendont... lol! I wonder how long they are going to get away with it... they had at least 20 consoles of it running (pretty much every station :P ).
Sounds like fun. Where was this at? Are they a chain? Do they have more locations elsewhere?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just proves that Smash Bros. Melee was the best Smash game and Nintendo should really get busy with GameCube Virtual Console games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste