Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*tries hard not to laugh*
I also knew someone who thought the CD-ROM tray was a cup holder and someone who couldn't understand why her computer wouldn't turn on during a power outage.

As a computer technician you see all sorts of weird and interesting people who don't quite understand the world of computers.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also knew someone who thought the CD-ROM tray was a cup holder and someone who couldn't understand why her computer wouldn't turn on during a power outage.

As a computer technician you see all sorts of weird and interesting people who don't quite understand the world of computers.
Makes me think of fun little pranks back in highschool. For example: sending people scripts, claiming if they open the file I sent, they'll get a free cupholder. Some people didn't understand why their disc tray opened whenever they ran the file, while others got it rather quickly.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me think of fun little pranks back in highschool. For example: sending people scripts, claiming if they open the file I sent, they'll get a free cupholder. Some people didn't understand why their disc tray opened whenever they ran the file, while others got it rather quickly.
This was the call I got: "Come fix my cup holder." She actually was using the CD-ROM tray to hold her cup of coffee. I didn't respond to her until she demanded I come fix her cup holder. Some people should never use computers.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

I remember you telling this story before.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: On the Wii U Pro controller, it's super easy to hit the minus button as the minus, home and plus buttons are so close together. You don't know how many times I've accidentally hit the home button when going for the Plus button. Good thing I'm a Save Whore.
Would be nice if the Home button required you to hold it down for a few seconds, much like the Power button.

I'll look into that along with some other changes. (improved GPT, diagnostics, etc.)

Also, does anyone here have a Hyperkin ProCube or other third-party Wii U Pro controller? I'm fairly positive I know why the third-party Wii U Pro controllers aren't working, but I need to know the Bluetooth device names in order to get them working. (If you try connecting a controller to a computer, you'll see a name like "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC" - that name is needed in order to add proper support.)

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Would be nice if the Home button required you to hold it down for a few seconds, much like the Power button.

I'll look into that along with some other changes. (improved GPT, diagnostics, etc.)

Also, does anyone here have a Hyperkin ProCube or other third-party Wii U Pro controller? I'm fairly positive I know why the third-party Wii U Pro controllers aren't working, but I need to know the Bluetooth device names in order to get them working. (If you try connecting a controller to a computer, you'll see a name like "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC" - that name is needed in order to add proper support.)
preety damn sure they need to have the same exact name or else wiiu games wouldnt recognize them as an wiiupro either.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preety damn sure they need to have the same exact name or else wiiu games wouldnt recognize them as an wiiupro either.
I believe Wii U uses a different method to recognize the Pro controller: checking the extension controller ID. Assuming the third-party controllers use the same extension controller ID but a different BT ID, this would explain why third-party controllers work in retail games and the Wii U menu, but not Nintendont.

I don't have any third-party Wii U Pro controllers to test this. If I see a cheap one, I might pick it up.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe Wii U uses a different method to recognize the Pro controller: checking the extension controller ID. Assuming the third-party controllers use the same extension controller ID but a different BT ID, this would explain why third-party controllers work in retail games and the Wii U menu, but not Nintendont.

I don't have any third-party Wii U Pro controllers to test this. If I see a cheap one, I might pick it up.
i have a fake one and its detected but goes all crazy with joystick values and then sometimes it just doesnt want to aconnect among other things same for my fake wiimote, they are detected as they are its just the way they are coded is not homebrew friendly like the original ones.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

This isn't a bad idea, also while you're at it, an option to disable bios screen please? :P

Zefolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the 7z file and have it extract the contents to wherever you want. It's pretty straightforward.
Okay, thanks, I got everything working now, except the game stops on a white screen at chapter 2 for some reason, so ill just screw around with different isos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll let someone else chime in. I've never used 7zip as I am a Mac guy and have no need for that app.

You probably presses the "minus" button by accident. That button alters, on the fly, the button layout.

Edit: On the Wii U Pro controller, it's super easy to hit the minus button as the minus, home and plus buttons are so close together. You don't know how many times I've accidentally hit the home button when going for the Plus button. Good thing I'm a Save Whore.
Yes, thank you for your help. ive gotten the game to run, although it only goes so far, but ill play around with other isos.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, thanks, I got everything working now, except the game stops on a white screen at chapter 2 for some reason, so ill just screw around with different isos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, thank you for your help. ive gotten the game to run, although it only goes so far, but ill play around with other isos.
if a game freezes is becuase your most likely forcing options on them or the iso is bad but most of the time is the options you have set on nintendont.

Last edited by pedro702,

Megasxiii

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi,
nitendont sometimes destroys the saves and games on usb flash
How it can cure?

THX.

Attachments

• saveExample.JPG
    saveExample.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 243

ginganguly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question for FIX94:
We now have a bunch of Triforce games working on Nintendont.
There are however a couple of others (Donkey Kong Jungle Fever & Banana Kingdom) which haven't yet been converted.
There is very little info out there re Banana Kingdom but it would be a great addition to the list of working titles.
Is this possible? Would you consider attempting this?
If the rom doesn't exist or it simply would be unplayable - then fair enough.
Your thoughts....

(If this has been covered elsewhere then my apologies).

danialbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Simplest question: Regardless I have read the 2 page tutorial dedicated to Controllers...:
Is the standard Bluetooth Wii Mote controller compatible? or maybe I need nunchuk?
Tnx

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi,
nitendont sometimes destroys the saves and games on usb flash
How it can cure?

THX.
besides the single raw file everything else there isnt a nintendont save at all no idea what you do with your device but nintendont saves are just the raw files and the bin files for triforce, everithing else there isnt a save and so far no one has reported such issue so it must be something with your device or something, make sure log and osreport are off and that you use individual memory card that way you will have a raw file for each game making it much harder to corrupt, but like i said everything there isnt even a save file corrupted or otherwise besides the raw file lol.

Just a quick question for FIX94:
We now have a bunch of Triforce games working on Nintendont.
There are however a couple of others (Donkey Kong Jungle Fever & Banana Kingdom) which haven't yet been converted.
There is very little info out there re Banana Kingdom but it would be a great addition to the list of working titles.
Is this possible? Would you consider attempting this?
If the rom doesn't exist or it simply would be unplayable - then fair enough.
Your thoughts....

(If this has been covered elsewhere then my apologies).

those Games werent actualy games thats why the roms dont exist, they were like slot machines(but not they were some wierd jap money game between flippers and slot machines) that played certain animations whenever you won or lost money, so yeah no roms exist becuase they werent full on games and they cant be played at all if you ever had a rom all you could do is play the animations lol.

Simplest question: Regardless I have read the 2 page tutorial dedicated to Controllers...:
Is the standard Bluetooth Wii Mote controller compatible? or maybe I need nunchuk?
Tnx
you would need a nunchuck or CC, solo wiimote does no work, also if your wiimote is fake/3rd party dont count on it working also.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol