Hacking Nintendont

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you plan on using nintendont i advice getting a real controller, a gc controller(wiis/wiius without gc ports need gc adapter), a wiiu pro or a CC.

nunchuck and wiimote were basicaly made for simple games or fps the current configs are hardcoded and to do a custom config you would need to recompile nintendont.
I'm gonna pick up a CC Pro but until I do I was hoping wiimote-chuck would work. I'm lazy so I'll just push through until I can get my CC.

Thanks for your speedy response :)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preety sure nintendont can only mount a single device at a time or else it wouldnt work since the processor cant mount an sd and an usb at the same time and use them consecutively.

Sure it can. I save to emunand on SD from Wii games running from USB.

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question

If I had 2 Wii classic controllers plugged in to 2 Wiimotes, would the second one (activated as the player 2 wiimote) work as player two in the GameCube games (playing Mario Kart Double Dash with my little sister and stuff)?

Corrosive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, every now and then I get an error through Nintendont. If it looks on the wrong media (SD or USB) I get an error and a crash, and more often than not everything on my USB stick is trashed. This time I got the "this drive is not recognized and cannot be opened or recovered" or whatever. I removed it and replaced it, and ran the scan/fix thing and now it shows the right free/total space but it says there's nothing on the drive. Should I just quit trying to use Nintendont because this has happened about 5 times now and it's getting old having to format and replace everything that's on the drive..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sure it can. I save to emunand on SD from Wii games running from USB.
nintendont runs on a much slower processor than wii games, thats why nintendont cant even support big usb librarys like ntfs, even the fat32 library was butched up so it could run on nintendont.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
nintendont runs on a much slower processor than wii games, thats why nintendont cant even support big usb librarys like ntfs, even the fat32 library was butched up so it could run on nintendont.
That doesn't sound right...
Nintendon't is running in Wiimode and should have access to the same resources that a Wii has. I also doubt processor speed would be the limiting factor. Surely the limiting factor is available RAM for the Nintendon't application itself?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: pokeparadox

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't sound right...
Nintendon't is running in Wiimode and should have access to the same resources that a Wii has. I also doubt processor speed would be the limiting factor. Surely the limiting factor is available RAM for the Nintendon't application itself?

Nintendont's kernel runs on the Starlet the same as the IOS does when you're running a Wii game. The PPC loader portion doesn't do anything after the kernel has been started and control handed over to it. That issue comment is in reference to using different filesystems from FAT32.

Reactions: pokeparadox

Benkei123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the vWii forwarder in OPs post and exiting the app, the screen doesnt go back to the vwii lobby, instead it goes to a black screen and the console freezes.
Anyone got a workaround for this or other forwarder that works good? Thanks

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the vWii forwarder in OPs post and exiting the app, the screen doesnt go back to the vwii lobby, instead it goes to a black screen and the console freezes.
Anyone got a workaround for this or other forwarder that works good? Thanks
Use a loader (like USB Loader GX) to launch the games instead. The forwarders aren't properly setup for Nintendont to know where to return you to.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi eveyone, is anyone having issues with "Knights of the Temple: Infernal Crusade"? when I try to load it, it runs as a Triforce game and then get an Error 21 "This game is not acceptable by main board. I am running latest Nintendont version (3.382). I thought it was a regular Pal gamecube game etc. Did check the compatilbility list and its suppose to be working since ver 2.277. Thank you for any feedback. (Running it from an American Wii U (vWii)

Warmest regards
Pepois

Benkei123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a loader (like USB Loader GX) to launch the games instead. The forwarders aren't properly setup for Nintendont to know where to return you to.
I guess that is the best choice then.
I couldnt however manage to set it up so that cfg USB loader(the one im using) would launch nintendont through my sd card, and the wii games though my usb drive.
I guess the best fix here would be to buy a bigger storage device to carry everything on instead of having two separate devices.

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question

I'm being told that you can't use the Wii Classic Controller Pro wirelessly (plugged in to a wireless Wiimote) with Nintendont. Can I or can't I?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that is the best choice then.
I couldnt however manage to set it up so that cfg USB loader(the one im using) would launch nintendont through my sd card, and the wii games though my usb drive.
I guess the best fix here would be to buy a bigger storage device to carry everything on instead of having two separate devices.
USB Loader GX works just fine for me with that setup. It runs Nintendont from the SD card and my ISOs from my HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto