Hacking Nintendont

absinthee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then, I'd like to know which Triforce games work on Nintendont so I could hunt them down

I can confirm that F-Zero AX and both Mario Kart Arcade GP games work. Load times tend to be a bit long on your first time running them, but they run great in-game.

Not sure about any others.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, you need the gcm versions of the Tri-Force games, no mame files, nor iso will work, I tried that already. But I still recommend this tool to change the Game ID of Virtua Striker 4. Ver. 2006 Export and Japan to the custom one, because FIX94's tool will maintain the Game ID of the Virtua Striker 3 GCN game.
to come back to this I just finished up work on my patcher and made it a new repository including a README on the bottom of the page which I think should explain everything fairly well how to use it, I did come up with custom IDs and titles for every game so nothing should overwrite each other anymore.
I dont know but maybe this should get onto the first page? I think it would be pretty good to finally have some sort of clear files because they are quite a lot of files floating around.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that F-Zero AX and both Mario Kart Arcade GP games work. Load times tend to be a bit long on your first time running them, but they run great in-game.

Not sure about any others.
I already have those along with Virtua Striker 4, I have them since the Quadforce days, but I was talking about the other games Fix94 mentioned a few pages back.

Thanks, I didn't know that I know nothing about compiling a dol, but looking at the source in the link you sent I can see all four games mentioned there, however I was asking for any other Triforce games working with Nintendont "other than the ones that use cards or any other physical items that Pedro702 mentioned" since I have these four already and they run just fine.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have those along with Virtua Striker 4, I have them since the Quadforce days, but I was talking about the other games Fix94 mentioned a few pages back.

Thanks, I didn't know that I know nothing about compiling a dol, but looking at the source in the link you sent I can see all four games mentioned there, however I was asking for any other Triforce games working with Nintendont "other than the ones that use cards or any other physical items that Pedro702 mentioned" since I have these four already and they run just fine.
gekitou pro yakyuu - mizushima shinji all stars vs. pro yakyuu. That is the only other triforce game that works with nintendont that i know of.

normally I dont like double posting but oh well.
-added support for the triforce game gekitou pro yakyuu (rev b and c) and adjusted the controls of the virtua striker games to be closer to what they should be

That was from fix94 back on page 1538 and there is also a picture somewhere on page 1533 of it running on nintendont.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: sonictopfan

lets get fruity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with a game
Game : Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Describe Issue : The game initially loads fine but when I select a game (regular OoT or Master Quest) it goes to black screen and I am unable to do anything but unplug my wii
Region : NTSC-U
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : v3.377
Last known working revision (if any) : none
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : none
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : Lexar 8gb flash drive
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : make and model unknown as a result of all the info on it being rubbed off, FAT32, 32kb cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real mem 251 block
Native on/off : on
Controller used if Native off : N/A
Composite/Component/HDMI: Composite
Anything else you want to explain: nope

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having a problem with a game
Game : Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Describe Issue : The game initially loads fine but when I select a game (regular OoT or Master Quest) it goes to black screen and I am unable to do anything but unplug my wii
Region : NTSC-U
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : v3.377
Last known working revision (if any) : none
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : none
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : Lexar 8gb flash drive
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : make and model unknown as a result of all the info on it being rubbed off, FAT32, 32kb cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real mem 251 block
Native on/off : on
Controller used if Native off : N/A
Composite/Component/HDMI: Composite
Anything else you want to explain: nope
tell me all your nintendont settings specialy wide and videomodes , posting all of them makes it really easy to spot the issue just post all.

lets get fruity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell me all your nintendont settings specialy wide and videomodes , posting all of them makes it really easy to spot the issue just post all.
Cheats off
Debugger off
Debugger Wait off
Memcard Emulation off
Cheat Path off
Force Widescreen on (tried with this off to no avail)
Force Progressive off
Auto Boot off
Unlock Read Speed off
OSReport off
WiiU Widescreen off
Drive Read LED off
Log off
MaxPads 4
Language Auto
Video Auto
Native Control off
Video Width 676
Screen Position 0
Patch PAL50 off

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cheats off
Debugger off
Debugger Wait off
Memcard Emulation off
Cheat Path off
Force Widescreen on (tried with this off to no avail)
Force Progressive off
Auto Boot off
Unlock Read Speed off
OSReport off
WiiU Widescreen off
Drive Read LED off
Log off
MaxPads 4
Language Auto
Video Auto
Native Control off
Video Width 676
Screen Position 0
Patch PAL50 off
try with width on auto since width breaks manny games.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
gekitou pro yakyuu - mizushima shinji all stars vs. pro yakyuu. That is the only other triforce game that works with nintendont that i know of.

normally I dont like double posting but oh well.
-added support for the triforce game gekitou pro yakyuu (rev b and c) and adjusted the controls of the virtua striker games to be closer to what they should be

That was from fix94 back on page 1538 and there is also a picture somewhere on page 1533 of it running on nintendont.
Thank you for the reply, I see it's a baseball game, I probably won't play this much "I hardly ever touched Mario Baseball" but it would be nice if I add it to my collection.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I did of course try hooking up the memory card code but it makes the game crash badly and corrupt the save data in the process so yea, chances are very unlikely that feature will ever be added.
This makes me quite sad however no huge loss still unbelievable that the fixes keep coming for Nintendont. Love to see the on-going support this community provides. Thx 2 all! XD

Last edited by MassiveRican,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so because I've seen quite a lot of people now not knowing how to properly set the triforce header or want to know if they have a valid file in their hands I decided to make a little patcher tool which automatically sets a header readable by a human and also checks the iso SHA1 to make sure whatever they have there is actually a valid dump. Just drag and drop the file you have into the .exe and let it do its work.
As a small bonus I also let it remove some useless data in GP1 which exists because of a overdumped file and also let it fix a known bad texture in virtua striker 4 version 2006 (japan) if the dump happens to have that known dumping error. Let me know if it works like it should.
Thanks! Really useful tool

joshuroar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a Nintendo Wii and I'm having trouble getting my wavebird controllers to work. Should they be working out of the box? I know they need to be on before starting and I have them powered on. I'm not sure what to do! Anyone have any knowledge about this? Thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm on a Nintendo Wii and I'm having trouble getting my wavebird controllers to work. Should they be working out of the box? I know they need to be on before starting and I have them powered on. I'm not sure what to do! Anyone have any knowledge about this? Thanks
well just put them on the 1st slot of the wii like regular gc controllers and turn them on on the nintendont menu and chooze a game to launch with them.

forkedpotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to play on Nintendont by connecting PS3 Controller, which was working the first time I ever loaded Nintendont, but doesnt seem to work anymore. Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo