Hacking Nintendont

ikds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
I have question about nitendont. All now unofficial wiiu pro controller have problems to works with Nintendont. I have two others controller(unofficial) and they dont work with Nintendont but work with Devolution. So the question is whether in the future there will be another update for unofficial controllers to Nintendont?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This has been asked a few times before and i think it is safe to give you the answer that was given before.

This will ONLY happen IF there is a DEV that is willing to work on it and IF you are willing to send a controller to this dev for research..
At the moment it does not look like there is any interest because Nintendont already support many devices.
Also secondly, although it already was asked before, nooone ever donated a unofficial wii u pro controller to any Nintendont dev yet as far as i know.

Benkei123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been toying around with nintendont on my wiiu for a week now, the games Ive tried works good except Melee.
For some reason the controls lag with this game.
For instance, sometimes when choosing a character the cursor would just keeps going a half sec after I stopped moving the joystick.
And a lot of times button presses dont register when fighting.

None of the other games I've tried had this issue, anyone else had this problem?
Im using GC controllers thru the adapter made by nintendo.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Been toying around with nintendont on my wiiu for a week now, the games Ive tried works good except Melee.
For some reason the controls lag with this game.
For instance, sometimes when choosing a character the cursor would just keeps going a half sec after I stopped moving the joystick.
And a lot of times button presses dont register when fighting.

None of the other games I've tried had this issue, anyone else had this problem?
Im using GC controllers thru the adapter made by nintendo.
never had any issue with this, maybe you have some wierd settings forced or on?

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, first BIG THANKS to the team who work on Nintendont, it's awesome!!!!!

My questions is about have something more beautiful, with covers, instead of launch gc game just from a text list, how can i do?

My gc games are on a small usb external hard disk, fat32.

Each gamelauncher i try stuck when they try to initialize hard disk, but USBLoaderGX seems works fine (the one installed with WAD and forwarder), the problem is I have search everywhere, I can't find at all where to link USBLoaderGX and Nintendont ?
There is custompath. but they all must be on SD.
So this USBLoaderGX show zero game (but I know they work fine when I use directly Nintendont)
I really don't understand.

For my wii games i use cfgloader and a a big external WBFS hard disk, there is no problem.

I always have only one usn hard disk connected on my wii at the same time.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, first BIG THANKS to the team who work on Nintendont, it's awesome!!!!!

My questions is about have something more beautiful, with covers, instead of launch gc game just from a text list, how can i do?

My gc games are on a small usb external hard disk, fat32.

Each gamelauncher i try stuck when they try to initialize hard disk, but USBLoaderGX seems works fine (the one installed with WAD and forwarder), the problem is I have search everywhere, I can't find at all where to link USBLoaderGX and Nintendont ?
There is custompath. but they all must be on SD.
So this USBLoaderGX show zero game (but I know they work fine when I use directly Nintendont)
I really don't understand.

For my wii games i use cfgloader and a a big external WBFS hard disk, there is no problem.

I always have only one usn hard disk connected on my wii at the same time.
just go to usb loader gx settings(if you have the newer usbloaders gxs that had nintendont support and choose nintendont for GC games.

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks pedro702, but as i said, I see nothing about gc loader or nintendont into usb loader gx :-(
Seems only few versions of usb loader gx can work with nintendont, but I don't know which one exactly.

I have also tried again cfg loader, which I usually use with my WBFS hard disk for wii games, I have unplugged this WBFS hard disk, and plugged my fat 32 hard disk with gc games, and now at least this loader find those games, but i have black screen when I want play them (because only nintendont allow me to play gc games on my wii, and my cfg usb loader can not be linked to nintendont).

I am becoming a little crazy to find which usb loader can works with my fat32 gc games hard disk...

And speaking about hard disk, is it worth to buy a fast ssd external hard disk for modified wii, ps3 and xbox360 ? I mean it can works and works faster ?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thankelezs pedro702, but as i said, I see nothing about gc loader or nintendont into usb loader gx :-(
Seems only few versions of usb loader gx can work with nintendont, but I don't know which one exactly.

I have also tried again cfg loader, which I usually use with my WBFS hard disk for wii games, I have unplugged this WBFS hard disk, and plugged my fat 32 hard disk with gc games, and now at least this loader find those games, but i have black screen when I want play them (because only nintendont allow me to play gc games on my wii, and my cfg usb loader can not be linked to nintendont).

I am becoming a little crazy to find which usb loader can works with my fat32 gc games hard disk...

And speaking about hard disk, is it worth to buy a fast ssd external hard disk for modified wii, ps3 and xbox360 ? I mean it can works and works faster ?
??? Just get the latest usb loader GX.
It has FULL SUPPORT for Nintendont, Neek, Emunand channel and saveloading etc, etc.
Just follow the sticky on GBA temp.
Make sure you are using trusted sources for your builds and files etc. ( this here is the best place. NEVER YOUTUBE DO NOT BE LAZY ! )
If you cannot get it to work, READ.
If you still cannot get it to work, READ AGAIN.
Use the outer usb port on your Wii.
Do a proper softmod using modmii to get your files and guide. ( MODMII BY XFlak, THIS IS A PC PROGRAM AND PROVIDES THE SAFEST WAY TO SOFTMOD YOUR Wii )ALL WIi are essential the same, you do NOT have a unique Wii, It will work on your wii also and any other Wii for that fact.
After that check if your hardware is compatible ( NO SAMSUNG DRIVES, and always Prefer a drive with separate power supply. )
Contact Cyan (moderator of USB Loader GX and GBA temp ) for any surfacing problems after you have tried everything above.

Last edited by Hielkenator,
Reactions: cvskid and bm123456

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Hielkenator for all your advices.

Actually I have finally fix my problem, by updating manually the boot.dol of my cfg loader in apps directory of the wii sd card, by this one http://v01.mikeserver.de/cfg/cfg70r78.dol
For people read this, to solve the same problem, don't forget to rename cfg70r78.dol to boot.dol of course

I am soooo happy it finally works, so now if i want play wii games with cfg loader i just have to turn off the wii and plug my ntfs WBFS external usb hard disk (use wbfs manager windows to copy games on hdd).
And if I want play gc games, with the same cfg loader, i turn off the wii and plug my fat32 usb external hard disk ( usb:\\games\ (any name of game) \game.iso ) (use cleanrip homebrew on wii to dump my gc games)

And everything with covers, so cool!! ^^

Seems my problem was to be unable to update anything directly from the softwares installed on my wii/sd card (cfg loader, loader gx, nintendont, etc)...
Maybe because in my country google website (as well as youtube facebook etc) are forbidden... and seems now many update downloads come from docs.google.com
I don't know.... anyway, if you are stubborn, and don't stop to read and search online, and update files manually, you finally get rewarded :-)

And thanks again to all the scene!!!!!!!!! It's an awesome parallel world that we have here :-)

Sometimes I feel i spend more times to make everything work correctly, or do some collection, than really play, but it's an other debate hahaha

And what about fast ssd external usb hard disk for wii (as well as ps3 and xbox360) is it working and really faster the games loading times ?

Also those gc games with nintendont are as beautiful as they could be with dolphin emulator ?
Anyway with nintendont and cfg loader it's very convenient.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks Hielkenator for all your advices.

Actually I have finally fix my problem, by updating manually the boot.dol of my cfg loader in apps directory of the wii sd card, by this one http://v01.mikeserver.de/cfg/cfg70r78.dol
For people read this, to solve the same problem, don't forget to rename cfg70r78.dol to boot.dol of course

I am soooo happy it finally works, so now if i want play wii games with cfg loader i just have to turn off the wii and plug my ntfs WBFS external usb hard disk (use wbfs manager windows to copy games on hdd).
And if I want play gc games, with the same cfg loader, i turn off the wii and plug my fat32 usb external hard disk ( usb:\\games\ (any name of game) \game.iso ) (use cleanrip homebrew on wii to dump my gc games)

And everything with covers, so cool!! ^^

Seems my problem was to be unable to update anything directly from the softwares installed on my wii/sd card (cfg loader, loader gx, nintendont, etc)...
Maybe because in my country google website (as well as youtube facebook etc) are forbidden... and seems now many update downloads come from docs.google.com
I don't know.... anyway, if you are stubborn, and don't stop to read and search online, and update files manually, you finally get rewarded :-)

And thanks again to all the scene!!!!!!!!! It's an awesome parallel world that we have here :-)

Sometimes I feel i spend more times to make everything work correctly, or do some collection, than really play, but it's an other debate hahaha

And what about fast ssd external usb hard disk for wii (as well as ps3 and xbox360) is it working and really faster the games loading times ?

Also those gc games with nintendont are as beautiful as they could be with dolphin emulator ?
Anyway with nintendont and cfg loader it's very convenient.
well if your hdd is usb 2.0 beggeting a usb 3.0 wont matter since wii or wiiu dont support the speed so yeah you wont get faster loading times.

Nintendont makes games look like they were on the gamecube, dolphin can do hdish gamecube but we cant since we arent on a super computer lol.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how well the Wii handles SSDs, I'm just using an old 250GB HDD and it works great, loads far faster than my old NGC. The Wii does have issues with flashdrives, but I'm not sure about SSDs. I'd assume as long as the first partition is FAT32 (and using MBR), it shouldn't have any issues. There have been some people that have had issues with drives using 4K sector sizes.
Well, not really, more of they look about as good as the Wii can handle. They're still rendered at 480p at best and visually vanilla, beyond widescreen and progressive patches.

Last edited by TecXero,

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aboud ssd hard disk, you are right seems it's worth only for new generation (xbox one, etc), I have read someone has change the hard disk of his xbox one by a ssd hard disk, and all his loading times were suddenly twice faster ^^
But yes, with usb2 ports of our old wii, xbox360, etc maybe there is not so big difference with big old good hard disks.

About dolphin, maybe they make it more beautiful, but maybe they have also more bugs, and need adaptator to plug gc controller, and not the beauty of cfg loader with all the game covers before to choose which game to play.
But I feel this nintendont is between dolphin and original NGC games, because yes at least it upscale to 480p.

Ok, enough talking, now it's time to play :P

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow, I never heard about triforce before (except for zelda ^^).
Just now I have tried Mario kart arcade gp 1 and 2, and fzero ax (and virtua striker), it's AWESOME :-)
There other secret treasure games that work with nintendont?

Last edited by inklara,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??? Just get the latest usb loader GX.
It has FULL SUPPORT for Nintendont, Neek, Emunand channel and saveloading etc, etc.
Just follow the sticky on GBA temp.
Make sure you are using trusted sources for your builds and files etc. ( this here is the best place. NEVER YOUTUBE DO NOT BE LAZY ! )
If you cannot get it to work, READ.
If you still cannot get it to work, READ AGAIN.
Use the outer usb port on your Wii.
Do a proper softmod using modmii to get your files and guide. ( MODMII BY XFlak, THIS IS A PC PROGRAM AND PROVIDES THE SAFEST WAY TO SOFTMOD YOUR Wii )ALL WIi are essential the same, you do NOT have a unique Wii, It will work on your wii also and any other Wii for that fact.
After that check if your hardware is compatible ( NO SAMSUNG DRIVES, and always Prefer a drive with separate power supply. )
Contact Cyan (moderator of USB Loader GX and GBA temp ) for any surfacing problems after you have tried everything above.
Just came in to say thank you for that no samsung drive information. I was close to actually getting one but i will get a Western Digital Drive instead with a separate power supply. I'm assuming one without a separate power supply causes issues with wii/wiiu usb ports?

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm assuming one without a separate power supply causes issues with wii/wiiu usb ports?

I use this kind of external usb hard disk, without power supply, on my wii, to load gc games, I have no specific problems.

On my ps3, with e3 ode pro, I also use this kind of hard disk, never had any problems.

In the past I thought the same as you, but honestly I don't know from where this fear come from, anyway me I have never encounter any specific issues on wii and ps3 with hard disk without separate power supply.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just started adding some support for the "missing" triforce games, just copies and different revisions of already working games like the normal virtua striker 4, and while just looking whats out there I just realized that the japanese version of gp2 actually has a different announcer!

And I thought the english one sounds overly excited :P Too bad there seems to be no actual dump of that version.

inklara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have useed ocarina and neek and activated code on re3 gc pal but codes not working, why?

Do you mean you want use cheat code for some gc games?

If yes I have read somewhere on the first page of this post, that they don't all work now, the nintendont team even suggest some fan people to help them on this part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto