Hacking Nintendont

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's been a few months since I've messed with Nintendont, and it runs pretty much my entire GC library of 20-some games flawlessly now, thanks for all the effort!

Somewhat off-topic: I updated postLoader to support Nintendont's argsboot 'officially' now, so it should be somewhat relevant again, for choices of USB loader frontends for Nintendont.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add:
save states
Dolphin movie playback
slowdown

should be easy to add since you've already added support for every game :^)

Reactions: nxwing

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
save states
Dolphin movie playback
slowdown

no
no
no

Definitely not.

Reactions: Margen67 and nxwing

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save states
Dolphin movie playback
slowdown

Save states as in dumping/restoring memory? Doubtful.
Why not just use the Dolphin emulator if you want to do all that? Nintendont is just for playing Gamecube games.

agranger5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Nintendont on a WiiU with vWii. Everything loads and works fine. However when playing Mario Kart and F-Zero, after playing through a set of races, the games will freeze to a black screen and the audio will stutter rapidly. It does not do this every time. But at least after two or three tournaments it will. I then have to hit the reset button on the WiiU to start it over. I am using a seagate hard drive hooked up with the usb y cable and have no problems with any of the wii games. I am also using the newest build of Nintendont. Any clues?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Nintendont on a WiiU with vWii. Everything loads and works fine. However when playing Mario Kart and F-Zero, after playing through a set of races, the games will freeze to a black screen and the audio will stutter rapidly. It does not do this every time. But at least after two or three tournaments it will. I then have to hit the reset button on the WiiU to start it over. I am using a seagate hard drive hooked up with the usb y cable and have no problems with any of the wii games. I am also using the newest build of Nintendont. Any clues?

Fragmentation? Corrupted roms?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know but it would be cool to have those features in Nintendont
nintendont is not an emulator so we have no memory to even do something like a savestate
Yeah extensions are hidden. One thing to note though, the images were original in a gcm format and I had to convert them to iso. I'm using gcit 1.0.3 build 7 to convert the image files.
get the isos again and dont use gcit at all just rename the extension from gc to iso, since gcm is iso just needs rename, also its expected for the wiiu to fail using a flashdrive if it doesnt have a y cable, my wiiu cant even read my flashdries without a y cable.
remenber on the wiiu you can only have one drive connected at a time no wiiu drive an be connected, your drive needs to be fat32 and you said 8kb cluster? why so low? if you have partitions the fat32 partition needs to be primary and logical.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then what about slowdown or dolphin movie playback?
we cant slowdown the processor that is the reason why we still have a game that runs too fast, since we cant just slow the wii down, the wii isnt a pc.Movie playback would be possible if any dev would like to loose countless hours for a useless feature, which i dont see any dev doing.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
just wanted to say thanks to FIX94 and others for there work. i keep coming back and checking this project and im even playing alot of games i couldnt properly a few months back. great work :) ps the games that used to run 2x the speed actually run normal now. i played prince of persia 2 and hitman with a few others and they seem to run cutscenes and in game properly (i cant answer for all games though)

Scope92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont is not an emulator so we have no memory to even do something like a savestate

get the isos again and dont use gcit at all just rename the extension from gc to iso, since gcm is iso just needs rename, also its expected for the wiiu to fail using a flashdrive if it doesnt have a y cable, my wiiu cant even read my flashdries without a y cable.
remenber on the wiiu you can only have one drive connected at a time no wiiu drive an be connected, your drive needs to be fat32 and you said 8kb cluster? why so low? if you have partitions the fat32 partition needs to be primary and logical.

Are you talking about the HDD or the flash drive? I mostly have problems with HDD.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most flashdrives and hdds need their own power source or a y cable on wiiu its a known fact.

Flash drives shouldn't need them, as they're just flash memory and need minimal power just to send power to memory for read/write. HDDs need a lot more because they need to spin up and sift through large amounts of data.

I believe that the issue found with flash drives was that something went wrong if you were trying to use a drive that was less than 16 GB in size

uberandrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small question because I was curious. Is there are reason cheats are set up they way they are? /games/GameID6/GameID6.gct seems slightly more complicated than it should be, wouldn't /codes/gameid.gct be much easier?

Reactions: sonictopfan

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any benefit to updating my Wii to 4.3U and then using letterbomb/ModMii to re-mod the console, with regards to that Nintendont DSI exception I am stuck on? Would that clear anything previous with regards to perhaps a trouble-causing IOS?

Nevermind... I decided to try it and the guide for revirginizing didn't get rid of my mods with the system update... so I'm fully reinstalled, on 4.3U, and it did the same damned thing. So yeah, it's looking like hardware or something...

Probably going to get a refurb Wii U and do the mod for the vWii... unless someone else has any ideas.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to say thanks to FIX94 and others for there work. i keep coming back and checking this project and im even playing alot of games i couldnt properly a few months back. great work :) ps the games that used to run 2x the speed actually run normal now. i played prince of persia 2 and hitman with a few others and they seem to run cutscenes and in game properly (i cant answer for all games though)

If you find any games that have speed issues (besides GT Cube) then please post them here!

Reactions: jammybudga777

Scope92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash drives shouldn't need them, as they're just flash memory and need minimal power just to send power to memory for read/write. HDDs need a lot more because they need to spin up and sift through large amounts of data.

I believe that the issue found with flash drives was that something went wrong if you were trying to use a drive that was less than 16 GB in size

My drive size is 32GB so I should be fine, more or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po