Hacking Nintendont

Donders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys,

awesome homebrew! It's booting up the games real nice.

However I think it doesn't recognize the save files on my memory cards, contrary to Dios Mios when I boot up with it.

Also, do I need to change something if I want to play with more than 1 controller? only controller 1 seems to work right now.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,

awesome homebrew! It's booting up the games real nice.

However I think it doesn't recognize the save files on my memory cards, contrary to Dios Mios when I boot up with it.

Also, do I need to change something if I want to play with more than 1 controller? only controller 1 seems to work right now.

Is your memory card emulation turned off or on?

What controller are you using?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe that the issue found with flash drives was that something went wrong if you were trying to use a drive that was less than 16 GB in size
again, its not a problem with the size itself, the problem is that the device firmware just doesnt follow a proper usb protocol and can mess up with a single wrong call from us which we cant even know about.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Donders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is your memory card emulation turned off or on?

What controller are you using?

I will check the mem card emulation setting tonight.

I have a 3rd party and an official controller, they both work in the first controller port. When I try to start a 2 player game the controller in port 2 is not recognized.

background: I'm using a Wii console, launching GC backups from a HDD with USB Loader GX rev 1244.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I have a 3rd party and an official controller, they both work in the first controller port. When I try to start a 2 player game the controller in port 2 is not recognized.

background: I'm using a Wii console, launching GC backups from a HDD with USB Loader GX rev 1244.
i think usbloader gx has default settings of controllers set to 1 chnage that number in the options and maybe it has mcemu set to on if so to use a real mc you need to turn it off.remenber the mem card needs to be on slot A just to be sure.

pacsniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am having problems with my seagate free agent 500 gb external hard drive. I can only get Wii games running off the vWii but I cant get anything off Nintendont. It just says "NO FAT Device Found..."
Ive seen that some people are having issues with this as well. Any possible fix to this problem? I am on Fat32. Maybe a different cluster size? I have all folders places properly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, I am having problems with my seagate free agent 500 gb external hard drive. I can only get Wii games running off the vWii but I cant get anything off Nintendont. It just says "NO FAT Device Found..."
Ive seen that some people are having issues with this as well. Any possible fix to this problem? I am on Fat32. Maybe a different cluster size? I have all folders places properly.
its the fat32 the primary and logical drive?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, pedro702 meant primary and FIRST partition.

Edit: a few things need to be set correctly, you can find them of course on the first page, but here they are again.

for nintendont your USB device needs to be the FIRST partition and it has to be a PRIMARY partition.
It has to be formatted as either FAT or FAT32 and with a clustersize of 32KB or lower (although i would not reccomend lower)

Edit2: i have seen reports that 64KB clustersize seems to work as wel, but i personally did not try myself.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit2: i have seen reports that 64KB clustersize seems to work as wel, but i personally did not try myself.

I've been using 64KB clustering for a while now and haven't run into any problems relating to that. I doubt it would make a significant enough difference to switch from 32KB, though.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is Maxpads set to 1? If it is you'll have to set it to at least 2 for a two player game (I just leave it on 4)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Would there be any benefit to updating my Wii to 4.3U and then using letterbomb/ModMii to re-mod the console, with regards to that Nintendont DSI exception I am stuck on? Would that clear anything previous with regards to perhaps a trouble-causing IOS?

Nevermind... I decided to try it and the guide for revirginizing didn't get rid of my mods with the system update... so I'm fully reinstalled, on 4.3U, and it did the same damned thing. So yeah, it's looking like hardware or something...

Probably going to get a refurb Wii U and do the mod for the vWii... unless someone else has any ideas.

How did you hack your WII? You should try ModMii if you haven't already. That MIGHT help you out...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, i want to play final fantasy crystal chroniclrs with a wii u fight pad (PDP). But i cant play with the messed up controls. This gamepad is in gamecube controller design. And its scanned as wii u pro controller by wii u.
So is there a way to configure the buttons of wii u pro controller somehow?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i want to play final fantasy crystal chroniclrs with a wii u fight pad (PDP). But i cant play with the messed up controls. This gamepad is in gamecube controller design. And its scanned as wii u pro controller by wii u.
So is there a way to configure the buttons of wii u pro controller somehow?

Most 3rd party Wii U Pro controllers don't work properly with Nintendont and they most likely never will.

Reactions: gina4x

creedda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I have been trying to get my gamecube adapter to work with nintendont to no avail. I am using a wiimote+ only to move through the wiiU menus

I am running the latest version on Nintendont, all of the below attempts were done with a wired original gamecube controller. The Adapter and controller combo works perfectly with SSB4. The adapter controller combo is plugged in from starting up the Wii u all the way through in the usb ports on the front of the console. (though I also tried plugging it in the back once) I have the black cable plugged into the left usb port and the grey in the right on the front of the console (seen from the top) I have the gamecube controller in the slot on the far left when looking at it from the top. I have run the update routines within nintendnt for all 3 updates (titles, controllers, nintendont itself) and restarted nintendont. I am using an official Nintendo adapter. It is brand new. (I just received it yesterday)

The Version is v3.330 (Wii U)
Built Apr 20 2015 23:10:11
Firmware: 58.25.32

I have tried the following:
Booting nintendont from the HBC, gamecube controller does not work in the menu, loading a game, gamecube controller still doesn't work. Only way to reset console is to plug a classic pro controller into wiimote to hit the home button to reset or hit the power button on the console
Booting a gamecube game through usbloadergx, gamecube controller doesnt work. Only way to reset console is to plug a classc pro controller into wiimote to hit the home button to reset or hit the power buttton on the console

I have tried both of these setups with and without a controller.ini file for the Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter on the root of the SD card and the USB device where the games are located.

Is my gamecube adapter getting overwritten by my wiimote somehow? is there a way to set priority? Any thoughts on why the adapter isn't working in the nintendont menu? Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey Guys,

I have been trying to get my gamecube adapter to work with nintendont to no avail. I am using a wiimote+ only to move through the wiiU menus

I am running the latest version on Nintendont, all of the below attempts were done with a wired original gamecube controller. The Adapter and controller combo works perfectly with SSB4.

I have tried the following:
Booting nintendont from the HBC, loading a game, gamecube controller doesn't work. Only way to reset console is to plug a classic pro controller into wiimote to hit the home button to reset or hit the power button on the console
Booting a gamecube game through usbloadergx, gamecube controller doesnt work. Only way to reset console is to plug a classc pro controller into wiimote to hit the home button to reset or hit the power buttton on the console

I have tried both of these setups with and without a controller.ini file for the Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter on the root of the SD card and the USB device where the games are located.

Is my gamecube adapter getting overwritten by my wiimote somehow? is there a way to set priority? Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
nintendont version?(dont say latest please say the number that appears on top f the nintendont menu)
gc controller is for sure inserted in slot1 instead of 4?comon mistake.

creedda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont version?(dont say latest please say the number that appears on top f the nintendont menu)
gc controller is for sure inserted in slot1 instead of 4?comon mistake.
Sure,

the Version is v3.330 (Wii U)
Built Apr 20 2015 23:10:11
Firmware: 58.25.32

I have the gamecube controller in the slot on the far left when looking at it from the top.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E