Hacking Nintendont

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hello everybody
first of all thanks to all the nintendont team for the great work.

i would ilke to know if usb microphone (none official gamecube mic) could be compatible

it's for mario party 6 the best of all :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Also GameCube games can't be compressed. You can remove the garbage data in the ISO but the ISO isn't actually compressed. Same goes for Wii games. This is why you can't revert the ISO back to it's original form since data has physically been removed from the ISO.

Fun Fact: Wii Sports only take up about 130MB of space on that 4.36GB ISO.

Crediar has no idea why the game worked in the first place and couldn't get it run again. It's just like why the devs don't know why a game like Star Fox Adventures has Subtitle timing issues which might seem like something very simple but apparently not.
Actually I never encountered any issues playing Wii games on wbfs format so I don't think it matters if you compress them, just make sure the compression is done correctly, preferably using your own rip with USBLGX or something.

As for Mario Kart, you can't really solve a problem unless you know what's causing it, even then you might still not be able to fix it.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, i'm sick of this shit.

I have a problem with Nintendont since forever, let me explain a little:
Family Wii
Official CCP
Using a 32gb FAT32 HP thumb drive 64kb Cluster
Running Nintendont from HBC
All settings off except MEmu and USB. MEmu 251 and Multi.

Problem: Every game I play, randomly corrupts my MC let me give you and example, launch WW play perfectly to first dungeon, go to second try to save in the entrance it shows that the save was ok but after a couple of secs controls stop responding and if the game try to reload something it just crash (no dsi exception) plus it doesn't save my progress. What I do te resolve this? Create a new MC and transfer the files from the "corrupted" one to the new one, it works but randomly it gets corrupted again.

It doesn't matter what game I try it does the same shit everytime. What I don't understand is why I can save perfectly some times and another just fails and corrupt my MC
Any suggestions?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Family Wii
Official CCP

Problem: Every game I play, randomly corrupts my MC let me give you and example, launch WW play perfectly to first dungeon, go to second try to save in the entrance it shows that the save was ok but after a couple of secs controls stop responding and if the game try to reload something it just crash (no dsi exception) plus it doesn't save my progress. What I do te resolve this? Create a new MC and transfer the files from the "corrupted" one to the new one, it works but randomly it gets corrupted again.

It doesn't matter what game I try it does the same shit everytime. What I don't understand is why I can save perfectly some times and another just fails and corrupt my MC
Any suggestions?
what version of nintendont are you using?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let nintendont creates a fresh new one, then use Dolphin emulator to import your saves, make sure they are not corrupt, or it will screw the whole emuMC (again).
But the save after moving it to the new MC load perfectly and let me save again to it, and load again without problems. But can be corrupted anyway?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Maybe it's a specific game that's causing the corruption?
I think there are some problematic games with emuMC, they cause corruption and force you to format (even when the emucard is fine) what's your emucard size?

EDIT: Check that your device is not locked against writing

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country

Family Wii
Official CCP

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with it. Turned out to be my controller for some reason. I switched to using the Nintendo CC and it stopped having problems. Try with HID and see if it does the same thing. That was how I figured it was the problem.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's a specific game that's causing the corruption?
I think there are some problematic games with emuMC, they cause corruption and force you to format (even when the emucard is fine) what's your emucard size?

EDIT: Check that your device is not locked against writing
This time I tested with Wind Waker, load fine, save after loading, everything fine. Played like 10m tried to save and boom hangs again. I have a video showing this issue let me upload it.

Here is the video http://1drv.ms/1qPBwco it's in my OneDrive public folder let me now if you have a problem viewing it

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with it. Turned out to be my controller for some reason. I switched to using the Nintendo CC and it stopped having problems. Try with HID and see if it does the same thing. That was how I figured it was the problem.
Well I have a third party CC i will try with that. Because I don't have any HID Controller atm

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U Gamecube adapter is compatible with Nintendont already? I'll give it a shot soon; I got my copy of Smash earlier.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I never encountered any issues playing Wii games on wbfs format so I don't think it matters if you compress them, just make sure the compression is done correctly, preferably using your own rip with USBLGX or something.

As for Mario Kart, you can't really solve a problem unless you know what's causing it, even then you might still not be able to fix it.

He was asking about shrinking GameCube ISOs. WBFS is not compression, it just removes the garbage data in the ISO leaving just the game data.

What I find annoying is how people expect help when all they say is game X doesn't work but don't give us any information about their setup, what Nintendont revision they are using, what controller, if using a loader, what settings in Nintendont, Wii/Wii U and region, region of ISO, is ISO 1:1 or shrunk. Without this information, not even the devs can help. I don't mean to sound rude, but without all the details it's impossible to help.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have a third party CC i will try with that. Because I don't have any HID Controller atm

Make sure your wii controller is also official. I had a chinese knockoff and that was also part of the problem. Every time I played it WW it would hang in like ten minutes.

RexZShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what device are you using? if its an sd card make sure its not locked or something if its a usb device i have no idea why that happens, you need to tell which device you are using and the sizes and if there is free space to even create the mcemu card to begin with.
You talking about the device thats holding my games? its on a USB, 4gb and I only have about 2gb filled so it shouldn't be a space issue.

Anjo_Smash

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I have no idea where the best place to post this is but I've done some testing with the Wii U GC adapter on nintendont with melee. Dash dancing consistently is really difficult. I have zero hex or coding exp so all I can do is just tell you how it feels.

Everyone who used my setup had trouble dash dancing.

If I slam the stick really hard, I can consistently dash dance. If I try to do it like I normally would on a GC or Wii the character will fail to turn around after a couple successful dashes.

I think the threshold for dashing is too high, or not enough angles are being registered as a left and right input. It feel a little bit furthest i can press the stick on the GC controller isn't being registered as the furthest a GC controller stick can be pressed if you catch my drift. If you've used dolphin, it is kinda like the Radius isn't set to 100 in gamepad settings.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have no idea where the best place to post this is but I've done some testing with the Wii U GC adapter on nintendont with melee. Dash dancing consistently is really difficult. I have zero hex or coding exp so all I can do is just tell you how it feels.

Everyone who used my setup had trouble dash dancing.

If I slam the stick really hard, I can consistently dash dance. If I try to do it like I normally would on a GC or Wii the character will fail to turn around after a couple successful dashes.

I think the threshold for dashing is too high, or not enough angles are being registered as a left and right input. It feel a little bit furthest i can press the stick on the GC controller isn't being registered as the furthest a GC controller stick can be pressed if you catch my drift. If you've used dolphin, it is kinda like the Radius isn't set to 100 in gamepad settings.
Are you using the controller.ini from the google code page? Most of the early controller.ini that were made did not have radius set to 100.
Is the gray cable plugged in? A low voltage may cause the sticks not to read 100%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...