Hacking Nintendont

milkonmonday

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

New here, but lurking for a while.
If someone could help me or point me in the right direction I would be very happy :)

I use a Mayflash adapter (GC>Wii/WiiU) (so not the USB version) and it works great.
When using this adapter the start button has 3 functions: single press for "-" double tap for "+" and hold for "home"
However if possible I would like to disable the press "-" to toggle button layout in Nintendon-t.

Because "+" is mapped to start I need to double tap to pause, however sometimes it doesn't register the second tap so the button layout gets toggled.
A little annoying, as I don't need this function while playing with the Gamcube controller.

I've searched for couple of days, but can't find a solution...
Hope someone can help.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi all,

New here, but lurking for a while.
If someone could help me or point me in the right direction I would be very happy :)

I use a Mayflash adapter (GC>Wii/WiiU) (so not the USB version) and it works great.
When using this adapter the start button has 3 functions: single press for "-" double tap for "+" and hold for "home"
However if possible I would like to disable the press "-" to toggle button layout in Nintendon-t.

Because "+" is mapped to start I need to double tap to pause, however sometimes it doesn't register the second tap so the button layout gets toggled.
A little annoying, as I don't need this function while playing with the Gamcube controller.

I've searched for couple of days, but can't find a solution...
Hope someone can help.

comment lines 102-108 in kernel/bt.c
also to lines 148-154
Code:
if((!(prevButton & BT_BUTTON_SELECT)) && BTPad[chan].button & BT_BUTTON_SELECT)
                {
                        dbgprintf("Using %s control scheme\n", (stat->controller & C_SWAP) ? "orginal" : "swapped");
                        stat->controller = (stat->controller & C_SWAP) ? (stat->controller & ~C_SWAP) : (stat->controller | C_SWAP);
                        sync_after_write(arg, sizeof(struct BTPadStat));
                        sync_before_read(arg, sizeof(struct BTPadStat));
                }
by adding // before each line then recompile

disabling button minus is lines 155 to 161 but this should only disable rumble toggle

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Gamecube Adapter set up and played a little Melee to test it out, but when I tried to return to the loader with the button combo it wouldn't work for me and I had to reset the system. Was there something I was supposed to do with the .ini first beforehand?

Roxas012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Gamecube Adapter set up and played a little Melee to test it out, but when I tried to return to the loader with the button combo it wouldn't work for me and I had to reset the system. Was there something I was supposed to do with the .ini first beforehand?
The button combo is different. Reset is still the same though.

L+R+Z+Start = Return to loader

Reactions: conradcervantes

Michael Pama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also want to confirm that r229 also fixed the HID initialization issues i was having, my Dual Shock 3 and 4 are now both recognized as being plugged in again and no more black screens on game boot. Thank you for the quick fix it's much appreciated.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to my HDD, which uses a 3.0 cable and it works no issue, so, it being 3.0 shouldn't be an issue. However, it seems we have a serious feature-breaking error here.

The problem I have with USB 3.0 ONLY happens when I enable HID with my USB 3.0 Card Adapter. When I use it by itself with Bluetooth there is no problem. That's why I was asking if you were using your USB 3.0 device with HID enabled. USB 3.0 seems to work fine when HID is disabled.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
You know with bluetooth and using the gamepad screen you already got your "dream" portable GC, am I the only loser who still likes to play in front of the TV?
Hahaha true, it's sort of portable, still need a power source though that revo is straight game native GC games on the go, soo cool. Nothing's better than gaming on TV though so I hear ya ;)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some stuff for the OP while cyan is here.

Add Wii U Fight Pad controller (pdp) under working bluetooth controllers

add Wii U gamepad to not working bluetooth controllers (even though it uses wifi to connect, bluetooth is the best area to put it.)

Does anyone know if those Hori gamecube shaped controllers work with bluetooth?

Aozz2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having issues with Luigi's Mansion NTSC
well i got Nintendont updated this morning and (before that the game worked fine) but now the game hangs on Nintendo Logo after it said "NINTENDO"

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im having issues with Luigi's Mansion NTSC
well i got Nintendont updated this morning and (before that the game worked fine) but now the game hangs on Nintendo Logo after it said "NINTENDO"
luigi mansion ntsc has been broken since 226 its a known thing.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a Wavebird, it gets signal, launch the game but no button is responding, can someone point me out a working GCN adapter controller .ini?

nvm, got it working!

My HDD is connected at the top rear USB, got to put an extension cable to reach the front USB xD, the adapter is connected to the bottom rear, the cable thing is a mess xD, I hope you guys find a way to enable front ports.

RexZShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm using usb loader gx and i changed all setting for using nintendont so when I launch the game it say current verison of nintendont don't support loadering form usb like wtf? I have the most updated verison too coz i went to nintendont first to update. Please help.

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
so i'm using usb loader gx and i changed all setting for using nintendont so when I launch the game it say current verison of nintendont don't support loadering form usb like wtf? I have the most updated verison too coz i went to nintendont first to update. Please help.
make sure to have the latest version of USB Loader GX as well, i know how you feel it happened last time but it isnt just Nintendont you need to update in order to do it. It has to be USB Loader GX as well, as both try to keep updated with the other.

Retronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some stuff for the OP while cyan is here.

Add Wii U Fight Pad controller (pdp) under working bluetooth controllers

add Wii U gamepad to not working bluetooth controllers (even though it uses wifi to connect, bluetooth is the best area to put it.)

Does anyone know if those Hori gamecube shaped controllers work with bluetooth?

I can confirm the Hori battle pad controller works. It identifies as a normal classic controller because of the Z&L/R button layout but doesn't have analog triggers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol