Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Could someone in charge of the project please fix the titles.txt file to make it have these lines (These are 2 Super Smash Bros. Melee Mods and they show up incorrectly as another third party game):

GS2E01 - Super Smash Bros. Melee 20XX
GSLE01 - Melee: SD Remix

Thank You.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because PM on this board dosent allow me to attach files. All my test versions are distributed PRIVATLY through email.

Whare would you have downloaded one for this adapter previously and how would anyone know whats in the one you have?
Pardon me, I meant download, therefore updating the existing one we may already have should we have bothered to make one ourselves.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Could someone in charge of the project please fix the titles.txt file to make it have these lines (These are 2 Super Smash Bros. Melee Mods and they show up incorrectly as another third party game):

GS2E01 - Super Smash Bros. Melee 20XX
GSLE01 - Melee: SD Remix

Thank You.

That's because those title id are used for those 3rd party games.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon me, I meant download, therefore updating the existing one we may already have should we have bothered to make one ourselves.
I saw several different controller.ini files for this adapter over the last couple of days. Most of them were not completely functional. If you want it to work with multiple players you will need to add new commands to the one you created your self. You can compare your file to the released one, see what the differances are and make your own choice. If you feel that for some of the differances your file is the correct one, let us know we can update everyone with the corrections.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw several different controller.ini files for this adapter over the last couple of days. Most of them were not completely functional. If you want it to work with multiple players you will need to add new commands to the one you created your self. You can compare your file to the released one, see what the differances are and make your own choice. If you feel that for some of the differances your file is the correct one, let us know we can update everyone with the corrections.
Is it already downloadable from within Nintendont?

_DJLO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont

*Hello, I'm a first post. I was here, thanks for quoting me fully without requiring it, but just copy the relevant part you want to quote from me, thank you*

I wanted to say thank you so much to the whole nintendont team!!! Ive been trying to go discless for the longest time, and until recently could only play Wii games from my usb(and SNES/64 games from installed wads). For whatever reason, i always had to use actual gamecube discs to play them. I tried other gamecube loaders and they never worked.

Now, i can play Melee without needing to put the disc in! All my favorite games can stay safely in their cases never to be scratched or snapped. Thank you guys so much for making my Wii the ultimate nintendo machine!!!

<3<3<3

will donate sometime down the road when i have more money coming in.

love you guys, thanks again!!!!!!

-DJLO

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying "every game I have now boots to a black screen" always or only when trying to use the gamecube adapter?
Running games from usb or sd?
if usb how is the drive powered?
What usb cables are plugged in whare?
At what point do you get the black screen?

It only boots to black screen when I try and use the GC adapter, when I use another HID controller or a BT controller it works fine.
Running from USB.
Drive is powered externally, and the USB cable is plugged into the top Wii U back port.
Hard drive plugged into back top, and black GC adapter cord plugged into back USB bottom (grey one not plugged in because I heard it was just for rumble or something)
I get the black screen after it looks like it loads the games (goes through every step when I select the game to load, then looks like it loads it, and black screens).

Edit: Tried it again after updating Nintendont to 2.226, and now Nintendont doesn't even detect it, it just says to plug controller in bottom rear USB port when I try and boot up a game (even though it is already plugged in and it powered through Smash Wii U).

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the GC adapter work on a wii ? If it's a HID i think it can

Not yet as the adapter needs Super Smash Bros. U to be played every boot to initialize the adapter for some odd reason. Once they figure out how to do it through Nintendont, then you will be able to. Only people with a Wii U and a copy of Smash Bros. U can use the adapter as of now.

I never expected the adapter to work so quickly. Great job guys and gals(if there are any that helped out.)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ports should the adapter be plugged in so that an ext hard drive works as well?

Only the black cord needs to be plugged in. The other cord does nothing with Nintendont.

It follows the same rules as other HID controllers

is it possible to play off usb device with the new update? specifically external hard drives?
You have been able to play off of usb drives since april
A bit of a long slot, but can you activate the adaptor via smash, then keep it powered and connect it to a different device? (Wii or PC)
Unplugging the adapter turns it off.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the black cord needs to be plugged in. The other cord does nothing with Nintendont.
It follows the same rules as other HID controllers
For now, as the other plug is to give the adapter extra power for controller rumble so it will eventually be used once Howard or someone else figures out how to do it.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry i meant with the ssb wii u adapter

Yes. The adapter must be plugged in the bottom back port

For now, as the other plug is to give the adapter extra power for controller rumble so it will eventually be used once Howard or someone else figures out how to do it.

Don't expect rumble support anytime soon. The adapter is just too new

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While reading the adapter manual it mentions that to use the adapter you need to start a supported game which makes me think that there will be future and/or previous games that will come out/be updated to support the adapter. Maybe a future system update that will enable you to use the adapter in the system menu for the Wii U (vWii may never be supported as it is stated in the manual). Wishful thinking.

When you think about it, having this adapter work with only ONE game is kind of stupid given the high demand for it and the fact that it is sold out almost everywhere. That might give Nintendo a clue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...