Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Smash Bros. Bundle and according to the adapter insert, the Wavebird will not be manufactured again or supported yet you can use it with the adapter. That puts a kabash on people who were hoping that Nintendo would rerelease it again. Apparently the USB adapter and the Smash Bros. Controller isn't even being made by Nintendo and the company that is didn't anticipate the demand for it.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.225 is up

-Added support for Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter (Thanks Adeka, Khar00f, Sakitoshi, joefz2)
You currently need to enable the adapter in a game that supports it. Exit that game. Then start Nintendont without powering off for it to work.
-Added MultiIn=3 for multiple controllers from the same adapter all using the same message. When MultiIn=3 MultiInValue= needs to be set to how many bytes are for each controller.
-Added an error message for missing kenobiwii.bin when it is required
-When cheats and cheat path are on. Booth are now turned off when you change games. (cheats were being applied to the wrong games)
-Added an error message for missing the file specified in cheat path when cheat path is used.
-Added an error message for the file specified in cheat path being to big when cheat path is used.

To all of you who wanted to help test and didnt recieve a test copy. You didnt follow the simple instruction of including your email.

The Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter was confirmed to work with standard gamecube controllers, wave birds, and a dance pad.

I am still looking for feedback on if it works with bongos, steering wheels and other non standard controllers.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.225 is up

-Added support for Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter (Thanks Adeka, Khar00f, Sakitoshi, joefz2)
You currently need to enable the adapter in a game that supports it. Exit that game. Then start Nintendont without powering off for it to work.
-Added MultiIn=3 for multiple controllers from the same adapter all using the same message. When MultiIn=3 MultiInValue= needs to be set to how many bytes are for each controller.
-Added an error message for missing kenobiwii.bin when it is required
-When cheats and cheat path are on. Booth are now turned off when you change games. (cheats were being applied to the wrong games)
-Added an error message for missing the file specified in cheat path when cheat path is used.
-Added an error message for the file specified in cheat path being to big when cheat path is used.

To all of you who wanted to help test and didnt recieve a test copy. You didnt follow the simple instruction of including your email.

The Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter was confirmed to work with standard gamecube controllers, wave birds, and a dance pad.

I am still looking for feedback on if it works with bongos, steering wheels and other non standard controllers.

Wow, I must of really needed some sleep as I only read to PM you (I guess when you are on 2 1/2 hour trip home and didn't get home until 1am, the mind plays tricks). For some reason my mind completely blocked out the part of giving my email.

I will play Pokémon XD (not up to Pokémon transfer part yet) to test out the GBA adapter, unless someone beat me to it. Still have mine brand new in the box from eons ago.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, I must of really needed some sleep as I only read to PM you (I guess when you are on 2 1/2 hour trip home and didn't get home until 1am, the mind plays tricks). For some reason my mind completely blocked out the part of giving my email.

I will play Pokémon XD (not up to Pokémon transfer part yet) to test out the GBA adapter, unless someone beat me to it. Still have mine brand new in the box from eons ago.
why would gba link cable work? remenber the adapter is being readed as a simple hid device so it wont work for sure the only way to even use the gba cable is to turn native on on a wii with gc ports you cant simply use it without native on and native disables hid/bt controllers.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would gba link cable work? remenber the adapter is being readed as a simple hid device so it wont work for sure the only way to even use the gba cable is to turn native on on a wii with gc ports you cant simply use it without native on and native disables hid/bt controllers.

You are right. The GBA link cord doesn't work with it, don't bother trying

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I dont expect the GBA link cable to work now. What does HIDTest show when its connected to an active adapter?

offset 0 shows 21 and every other offset is 00. It's the exact same as when a controller is unplugged so it's not registering it at all.

Tested with 2 different GBA link cables

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just updated Nintendont to 2.225 and put the Wii U GC adapter controller.ini onto my hard drive so it can be used with Nintendont. When I try and load up a game (more specifically, Mario Sunshine), Nintendont acts like it's loading up everything, including the HID device, but then the Wii U just restarts when it says it is loading the game. Oh, and I did boot up Smash Wii U before loading Nintendont, so the adapter would have power. Not really sure what the problem could be.

Just tried it with Melee, too, and now it just seems to freeze on a black screen.

Edit: Tried booting up Sunshine with a Wii U Pro Controller, and this time it worked fine, so it might be GC adapter issue.

Edit (again): Seems like every game I have except Sunshine now boots to a black screen, and Sunshine just restarts the Wii U. Very weird. (Yeah, tried Sunshine again, and now it just boots to a black screen as well.)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated Nintendont to 2.225 and put the Wii U GC adapter controller.ini onto my hard drive so it can be used with Nintendont. When I try and load up a game (more specifically, Mario Sunshine), Nintendont acts like it's loading up everything, including the HID device, but then the Wii U just restarts when it says it is loading the game. Oh, and I did boot up Smash Wii U before loading Nintendont, so the adapter would have power. Not really sure what the problem could be.

Just tried it with Melee, too, and now it just seems to freeze on a black screen.

Edit: Tried booting up Sunshine with a Wii U Pro Controller, and this time it worked fine, so it might be GC adapter issue.

Edit (again): Seems like every game I have except Sunshine now boots to a black screen, and Sunshine just restarts the Wii U. Very weird. (Yeah, tried Sunshine again, and now it just boots to a black screen as well.)
Are you saying "every game I have now boots to a black screen" always or only when trying to use the gamecube adapter?
Running games from usb or sd?
if usb how is the drive powered?
What usb cables are plugged in whare?
At what point do you get the black screen?

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but are there any broken or fixed games in the latest version? I can't find anything saying so, and was wondering if someone could tell me.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I instaled Nintendont (last rev.) yesterday. So today I tried it but a problem appears.

On melee when I restart an event match too many times, and the music enter a loop after that only glitchy sounds :S

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wonder why PM isn't good enough.

So do we need to redownload the controller.ini for the adapter to work?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why PM isn't good enough.
Because PM on this board dosent allow me to attach files. All my test versions are distributed PRIVATLY through email.

So do we need to redownload the controller.ini for the adapter to work?

Whare would you have downloaded one for this adapter previously and how would anyone know whats in the one you have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa @Xdqwerty, Gnight