JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The issue with the UI update is not exclusive to PAL games most of my games are ripped with CleanRip, which all of are NTSC-U.

I also just reverted to the 2.209 you linked to and the games i tested with 2.210 work again.

Oh and yes i do really like the fade in the new UI, although the light reflection in the logo strains my eyes a bit. :)
Damn. Thanks for the info.
it was for Auto, but it works with None too.
Like crediar said, None was intended to not affect the video mode at all. (the loader should set it, and nintendont use the one set by the loader).

Currently, none is behaving like Auto.
There should be an additional check if None is selected to not set/force any video mode.
It just occurred to me that me not experiencing problems with games might have something to do with the video settings I have. Later I'll try deleting the nincfg file and test it out.

Btw, I remember awhile back people were able to fix force progressive in PAL by enabling 480p in SE GUI first. I don't know if that helps.

raene111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderGX 1233
(if you need version 222 or 250, look in my blog)

The new options should work, but I didn't see any difference with/without Deflicker.
let me know if it doesn't work.
I just tried the GC games again with 1233 and now I get this

"Warning: This Nintendont version is not correctly supported. Auto boot disabled"

After I click ok, it sends me to the Nintendont screen (where it lets me boot whichever game I choose as if I booted Nintendont from the menu)

:wtf:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendont 200 to 207 are not supported 100%, but the loader still allow the user to launch it but you have to edit the video settings manually in Nintendont settings.
these version of nintendont are using a different config file with modified video mode.
Update nintendont.

Reactions: raene111

raene111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont 200 to 207 are not supported 100%, but the loader still allow the user to launch it but you have to edit the video settings manually first.
these version of nintendont are using a different config file with modified video mode.
Update nintendont.
So do I need to update Nintendont or do the Nintendont creators have to update it? I think I have the latest one, let me check

Thanks!

NVM, I just updated Nintendont and it works perfectly now! THANKS CYAN! :D

EthralSSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated from nintendont itself, didn't help. It does know when I put a usb ps3 controller it, it does recognize the controll at first, but it work to load a game or play the game if I load it using my wiimote
Not sure whats wrong then mine does it automatically

Also that UI looks amazing good work Joostin

GongTheHawkEye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I can't get Pokemon Colosseum, XD, or Mario Party 7 to work with this thing.
I start them and it just stays at a black screen forever, I've used DMToolbox to optimize them to the correct filesizes that the compatibility list requires. What am I doing wrong?

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I can't get Pokemon Colosseum, XD, or Mario Party 7 to work with this thing.
I start them and it just stays at a black screen forever, I've used DMToolbox to optimize them to the correct filesizes that the compatibility list requires. What am I doing wrong?

Can't help you unless you post version and settings.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people who experienced problems with the nicer UI: Were you using a Wii or Wii U?
The autoboot corrupting nintendonts screen problem I have is on a wii.
It occures every time.
You mentioned a fade in. I dont see a fade in. The image appears fully formed. but the corruption might be a fade in going to far.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The autoboot corrupting nintendonts screen problem I have is on a wii.
It occures every time.
You mentioned a fade in. I dont see a fade in. The image appears fully formed. but the corruption might be a fade in going to far.
I was talking about games not loading. I don't know why your TV isn't showing the startup properly, but that's not something that matters much compared to current issues.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont revision : 2.219
Wii/Wii U : Mios Wii
Loader: Nintendont
SD/USB: USB HDD WD My Passport Fat32 32 Cluster
McEmu/Real MC: Real MC
Native on/off : Off
Controller used: NGC Controller
AV/HDMI: AV
All games in the list are clean 1:1 rips (except for the Triforce ones)

-Batman Vengeance [GBVE41]: Game broke again, black screen at start.

-Sonic Adventure DX [GXSE8P]: Chao race now black screens, game seems to work fine other than that, also Game Gear titles run fine.

-Sonic Adventure DX (Alpha) [RELS01]: Game runs fine (Finally) please can you keep this? PLEASE!

-Sonic Mega Collection [GSOE8P]: At first it seemed to work fine, played Blue Sphere for half an hour and noticed the sound slowly starts to be delayed, then it becomes very delayed and starts to garble, there's an issue with the sound with this game and the longer you play the worse it gets, the Proto version is even worse, some games seem to work like the final with the noticeable delay and the garbled sound as you play longer, other games like Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D Blast has no sound at all, this is really weird as they're just roms running on the same emulator, I don't really know what the problem is, at least all games work fine with Gensplus GX.
I also noticed a delay in Midway Arcade Treasures, playing Mortal Kombat 3, but I don't own this game legally so I don't know if this is normal or not.

-Frogger Ancient Shadow [GFPEA4]: Still black screen at start followed by an error message.

-Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 [GGPE02]: still crashes after camera screen, game black screens if you set EmuMC to off though, not sure if this was mentioned before.

Other than that every other game I tested worked perfectly fine.

Cyan I really love the update you did for both Nintendont and USB-Loader GX, thank you for the update and thanks to everyone for their hard work.

pedro702 Do you think you can share your complete save for Godzilla?

Reactions: SuperrSonic

megbethanyread

Trophies
Website
www.zeldainformer.com
XP
Country
Hello! I'm running Nintendont via HBC on my 4.3E Wii, on iOS258 I believe. My HDD is 150GB FAT32. Nintendont is on my SD card. And I use an official wired GameCube controller.
I can run and play GameCube games fine - until the character impacts with something. So like, I played TLoZ: The Wind Waker and the controls stopped when I dropped from a ladder. So I tried Luigi's Mansion - controls stopped working when I walked into something. And again with Super Mario Sunshine - controls stopped working when I jumped and hit a block. I tried playing Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing - both run fine because you can't move fast enough to impact an in-game object hard enough for the controls to stop working.
The games don't freeze. They still run fine. I just can't move the character NPC any more. It'll just sit there. I've tried unplugging and replugging in my controller - nothing. I am using the latest version of Nintendont also. Can anyone help? EDIT: I didn't mention that I have tried it with both my HDD, and a 32GB USB stick. Both do the same thing.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
can someone check if this patch is good?
I don't know all the GameID region code.

maybe just set JP/US and set everything else in default would be better?

Code:
Index: loader/source/main.c
===================================================================
--- loader/source/main.c (revision 212)
+++ loader/source/main.c (working copy)
@@ -580,7 +580,31 @@
} break;
}
}
+ else
+ {
+ switch (ncfg->GameID & 0x000000FF)
+ {
+ // EUR
+ case 'D':
+ case 'F':
+ case 'G':
+ case 'P':
+ case 'S':
+ case 'U':
+ case 'X':
+ case 'Y':
+ Region = 2;
+ break;
+ // JP / US
+ case 'J':
+ case 'E':
+ default:
+ Region = 0;
+ break;
+ }
+ }

+
gprintf("Region:%u\r\n", Region );
progressive = ncfg->Config & NIN_CFG_FORCE_PROG;
switch(Region)
These are the region codes:
Code:
D
E
F
H
I
J
M
P
S
U
W
X
Y
Z
So you're missing some. I haven't looked up each one yet since I'm pretty sleepy (it's 4:45AM here), but I'll check it later.

Reactions: Cyan

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
-Sonic Mega Collection [GSOE8P]: At first it seemed to work fine, played Blue Sphere for half an hour and noticed the sound slowly starts to be delayed, then it becomes very delayed and starts to garble, there's an issue with the sound with this game and the longer you play the worse it gets, the Proto version is even worse, some games seem to work like the final with the noticeable delay and the garbled sound as you play longer.
Devolution has the same problem but tueidj insisted it was the emulator's fault and though that may just be the case, it doesn't happen in GC mode or on a real GC, must be a clock difference thing, other emulators afaik work fine.

Too bad about the two Genesis games without sound, I've added that info to the comp. list.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Devolution has the same problem but tueidj insisted it was the emulator's fault and though that may just be the case, it doesn't happen in GC mode or on a real GC, must be a clock difference thing, other emulators afaik work fine.

Too bad about the two Genesis games without sound, I've added that info to the comp. list.
I haven't tested the game with Devolution tbh, now I wonder why I haven't, I can confirm though the game runs fine using the real disc, anyway thanks for confirming that the issue is also in Devolution.

Edit: I just had a thought, I remember the game working fine with Dios Mios but I wanna double check, I have to go to work now but I'll double check when I get back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo