Hacking Nintendont

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, that blows, I had the same issue, no real way around it, some TVs simply have issues with those games with unorthodox resolutions; not sure what else to tell ya...sorry, man. :unsure: As for the waverbirds? No idea, I've tested all games on a wired controller.
Yeah, I understand. Oh well, retrogaming is best-enjoyed on CRT TVs anyway, I'll hook my Wii on an old TV next time I wanna play X games. As for Wave Bird controller, so far these 2 megaman games gave me this issue, strangely enough. o_o Other games I've played (Wind Waker, Legend of Spyro, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EVO) don't have this issue.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I understand. Oh well, retrogaming is best-enjoyed on CRT TVs anyway, I'll hook my Wii on an old TV next time I wanna play X games. As for Wave Bird controller, so far these 2 megaman games gave me this issue, strangely enough. o_o Other games I've played (Wind Waker, Legend of Spyro, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EVO) don't have this issue.

You'd best report them or, well, you kinda already did, hopefully they will be fixed, but it might not be for a while.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm Megaman X Collection works fine, 1:1 iso

On a similar news, I just tested 10 new games, here are the results:
-Bonk's Adventure (working)
-Cubic Lode Runner (working)
-Ed Edd N Eddy - The Mis-Edventures (working)
-Flushed Away (working)
-Namco Museum (black screen from beginning, works fine in DM except for audio streaming)
-Phantasy Star Online Episode III - C.A.R.D. Revolution (black screen)
-Robocop Aratanaru Kiki (working)
-Star Soldier (working)
-Worms 3D (working)
-Worms Blast (hangs on the loading screen "confirm?")

If it helps I'll list my entire collection marking what's working and what's having issues, but I tend to report broken games only atm!

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
-Flushed Away (working)
-Namco Museum (black screen from beginning, works fine in DM except for audio streaming)
-Star Soldier (working)
-Worms 3D (working)

If it helps I'll list my entire collection marking what's working and what's having issues, but I tend to report broken games only atm!

Used Composite or Component Cables? o: In my case, on Composite works perfectly, but Component has a issues, native to the game being on the original SNES and PSX resolutions (similar to NES and SNES games on virtual console through Component)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used Composite or Component Cables? o: In my case, on Composite works perfectly, but Component has a issues, native to the game being on the original SNES and PSX resolutions (similar to NES and SNES games on virtual console through Component)

I don't know how I was able to play the game on component video, but it's also dependent on the TV, as it might be scaling to 480i for the Snes/PSX games. If you have a CRT with RGB inputs, it might work fine as well.

Gidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some Modern TVs don't like scaling 240p. That's why they arn't working.

Is this true? I'm using a Samsung HDTV and my games keep on freezing, not just melee. In Dragon World from Budokai 2 it freezes and Melee can freeze whenever. What should I do?

Also, I used a friends Melee disk and ripped the ISO. It still freezes.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Puyo Pop Fever, the game stop responding to the wavebird controls after a few minutes. On 2.148

Sonic Adventure DX and some demo games have this problem too. It started happening with v1.131 so use v1.130, please confirm back if it works fine on that version.
Is this true? I'm using a Samsung HDTV and my games keep on freezing, not just melee.

That's not related, most HDTVs can't handle 240p signals, i.e. you don't see any output.
Megaman X Collection does work with component cables on EDTVs, it does on mine at least.

Also, I used a friends Melee disk and ripped the ISO. It still freezes.
When you used CleanRip to do it did it say it verified OK?

Gidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure DX and some demo games have this problem too. It started happening with v1.131 so use v1.130, please confirm back if it works fine on that version.

That's not related, most HDTVs can't handle 240p signals, i.e. you don't see any output.
Megaman X Collection does work with component cables on EDTVs, it does on mine at least.

When you used CleanRip to do it did it say it verified OK?

Yeah

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

-Flushed Away (working)
-Star Soldier (working)
-Worms 3D (working)

i played like 8 worms blast ntsc levels with no issue so maybe check your iso? i used full iso.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i believe it would be much better if you guys can also add the region codes to your posts. it gets confusing after a while.
European, American and Japanese releases are pretty much different from each other when it comes to compatibility.
then it will be easier for us to help when you have a problem with a specific title.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For SADX use r127 it works good (as in, it does not disconnect).

Yes a list/pic is the best cause it shows what region of the game you play, as well as what games are working in general. So...
*removed picture*

Reactions: sonictopfan

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
So far there is still a game region (JPN) problem for multi saves
memory card file. JPN games need to have an independent memory
card file.

The EXI.c (kernel) and main.c (loader) have to be slightly modified.
For example:
Code:
if ((GameID & 0xFF) == 0x4A )  // JPN games
memcpy(MemCardName, "ninmej.raw", 10);
else
memcpy(MemCardName, "ninmem.raw", 10);
Pls consider this for the next release.

Reactions: SuperrSonic

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i played like 8 worms blast ntsc levels with no issue so maybe check your iso? i used full iso.
I expected that it's my issue, I downloaded another clean rip to test it again!

I used regular AV cables, my TV is regular 4:3 one!

For SADX use r127 it works good (as in, it does not disconnect).

Yes a list/pic is the best cause it shows what region of the game you play, as well as what games are working in general. So...

*don't quote stupidity*
Oh man, I'll do it then, I love Ben Steler!

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to note: I no longer need help with Nintendont, as I'm using USB Loader GX now on my Wii. I'm having a few issues with that, however, so I'll be asking in that thread on what I need to do, and such, so thanks :) Just a heads up, I suppose~

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far there is still a game region (JPN) problem for multi saves
memory card file. JPN games need to have an independent memory
card file.

The EXI.c (kernel) and main.c (loader) have to be slightly modified.
For example:
Code:
if ((GameID & 0xFF) == 0x4A )  // JPN games
memcpy(MemCardName, "ninmej.raw", 10);
else
memcpy(MemCardName, "ninmem.raw", 10);
Pls consider this for the next release.

This is what i was afraid of! I booted a jap game in DM and since i cannot read the language i think i formatted my real MC :O

went to copy my madden 08 save from the real mc to the MCemu from nintendont and no saves found. luckily i already pulled my Super Mario Sunshine save :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol