Hacking Nintendont

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the tgc must first be converted with tgc2gcm. After you get a .gcm just name it's extension to .iso and open it with Apache3 (a free iso tool)

I suggest the Majora emulator since it's has expansion pack emulation.

Inside you should see a file named zelda2e.n64 It can be swapped with any 32MB or smaller ROM but not all will work. Here is a list of some games that do work but usually with minor graphics issues. The tgc I use is called majora_ENG_091003.tgc

Super Mario 64: (The two player mod by Skelux where player two is Luigi also works and has no slowdown when using ND)
Starfox 64
Duke Nukem 64
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1: almost, gets to the title screen the freezes after hitting start

I'm not sure what all does or doesn't work but you can try it for yourself.

It is possible to swap it out with bigger ROMs but that requires a rebuild of the image. If you would like to do that get GameCube ISO Tool.

tgc2gcm: http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?n...wdownloaddetails&lid=2112&ttitle=TGC2GCM_v0.2
GameCube ISO tool: http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/gcit.html

The Majoras Mask 64MB debug ROM works but has heavy graphics issues, runs very slow and requires two controllers be plugged in. Not worth it IMO.

Also I tried Paper Mario but it doesn't work. Funny thing is is that at first it asks to create a save file then locks up. If you look on the memory card where it created the save file you will notice the Majora logo with the name "Paper Mario" on it. Paper Mario text can also be found inside the DOL file. It seems Nintendo planned to emulate more N64 games on the GC but didn't.

Here is one of my older quotes on how to convert TGC's
Does Conker work with it?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would mention my results with SADX because it's fairly interesting.

The game works. I beat chaos AND stage 1. The only problem is the stupid double input. The controller never disconnected once.

I think it has the same problem has NFS Most Wanted with the gamecube ports. The controller will just disconnect but if you use an HID controller then it wont disconnect.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would mention my results with SADX because it's fairly interesting.

The game works. I beat chaos AND stage 1. The only problem is the stupid double input. The controller never disconnected once.

I think it has the same problem has NFS Most Wanted with the gamecube ports. The controller will just disconnect but if you use an HID controller then it wont disconnect.

Unfortunately, I don't have an HID controller I can use, so unless I wait and/or use Dios Mios, the game will remain unplayable.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I extracted both tgc files with gcti and I'll follow the instructions and test some games, I'll start with Mario 64 since you confirmed it works fine, after that I'll try testing with other games, but I have a couple of questions:

-Will I be able to save and load my progress?
-Can this be done with the Wii game Kirby's Dream Collection? since it also has a N64 emulator for Kirby 64 and I'd imagine it would be better to use with Wii than running a N64>GCN emulator!

Mario 64 and the Zeldas will save. None of the other ones will that I know of.

Does Conker work with it?

I haven't tried it. I don't have it in my N64 ROM folder.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario 64 and the Zeldas will save. None of the other ones will that I know of.
Conker is 64mb so sadly that won't work, I tested multiple games and only ones that worked were Mario 64 and Puyo Puyo Sun (Japanese ROMS work confirmed?) anyway all games tested with nintendont, it's fun to mess around with this tool but it seems compatibility is very poor though games that do work run at full speed, will test some more and see, do you happen to know a compatibility list somewhere?

CPCM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont v2.145 for WiiU
(Excite translation was used.)
It is written to Nintendont Compatibility List that "Gotcha Force" works.
If a Japanese version is started, WiiU will not react with a black screen.
I am sad.:cry:
What should be done for making it work?

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conker is 64mb so sadly that won't work, I tested multiple games and only ones that worked were Mario 64 and Puyo Puyo Sun (Japanese ROMS work confirmed?) anyway all games tested with nintendont, it's fun to mess around with this tool but it seems compatibility is very poor though games that do work run at full speed, will test some more and see, do you happen to know a compatibility list somewhere?

Majoras Mask debug is also 64MB and it works, very buggy but works. GCIT, after extracting games into GCRex format you can put a ROM any size in the folder, open GCIT select the folder then rebuild it to an ISO.

Compatibility list? Yeah but it's on an ISO/ROM site and posting links to that would result in being banned.

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nintendont v2.145 for WiiU
(Excite translation was used.)
It is written to Nintendont Compatibility List that "Gotcha Force" works.
If a Japanese version is started, WiiU will not react with a black screen.
I am sad.:cry:
What should be done for making it work?
Can you try load the NTSC-U version and/or PAL version? If either of those work, then I think you or anyone else should add the Japanese version of Gotcha Force to the compatibility list as Not Working.

Who can verify?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Majoras Mask debug is also 64MB and it works, very buggy but works. GCIT, after extracting games into GCRex format you can put a ROM any size in the folder, open GCIT select the folder then rebuild it to an ISO.

Compatibility list? Yeah but it's on an ISO/ROM site and posting links to that would result in being banned.
That is exactly what I did, I thought even then I can't use ROMS bigger than 32MB, anyway hit me a PM with the compatibility list if possible!

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A feature in a future revision I would like to request. Tool Assist Mode so it makes TASing a bit easier on the person who cannot run Dolphin properly.
Edit: Wow, I am behind on Nintendont since I saw it supports audio streaming.

CPCM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you try load the NTSC-U version and/or PAL version? If either of those work, then I think you or anyone else should add the Japanese version of Gotcha Force to the compatibility list as Not Working.

Who can verify?

Only the Japanese version is possessed.
There is no intention of buying the USA version which requires time and effort and gold.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is exactly what I did, I thought even then I can't use ROMS bigger than 32MB, anyway hit me a PM with the compatibility list if possible!

Quoted from the site:

Known compatibilty:
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Kirby 64 (partially working)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
  • Duke Nukem 64
  • Mace: The Dark Ages
  • Wave Race
  • Star Soldier
  • Pilot Wings

Reactions: sonictopfan

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is getting ridiculous. People are STILL changes games from green to orange when they have graphical glitches in CUTSCENES

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is getting ridiculous. People are STILL changes games from green to orange when they have graphical glitches in CUTSCENES

Can we not do something to help with consistency? SOMETHING has to be done about this asininity, because frankly, this is getting out of hand. We need to know who keeps making these changes so they can go back and fix them, or perhaps a stringent disclaimer?

Who the hell would care enough to report issues in cutscenes? They don't affect the game. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox